Since it's legal in both states we got that gas in the air.. Clippers vs Nuggets 2nd Round Thread

Who you got?

• Clipps in 4

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Clipps in 5

Votes: 22 10.1%
  • Clipps in 6

Votes: 44 20.2%
  • Clipps in 7

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • Nuggets in 4

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Nuggets in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets in 6

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Nuggets in 7

Votes: 109 50.0%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Denver
You guys are so miserable and unbearable its comical. Meanwhile I'm chillin' and we might be out of the bubble come Tuesday night. Go grab a drink or a puff and enjoy your first WCF appearance in ten years for crying out loud:gucci:
What are you worried about being out the bubble for? You aren’t there

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just wanna add, NBA Media and Basketball Culture as a whole are taking an L so far, as for literally the past year, the majority of heads crowned the Clippers as the team to beat. Cats even went so far, all the way from the original regular season up until this past week, to say lower seeded West teams were shook of LAC and were trying to avoid them so they could draw LAL, who they felt like they'd have q better chance qgainst..

There is alot wrong with that narrative, but we'll start with the fact that its now been proven completely wrong: the Mavericks weren't afraid of LA, they got robbed in G1, lost their #2 after G3, and spent the last 3 games with their #1 playing hurt...

The Nuggets aren't afraid of LA. They still will probably lose on Tuesday, but they haven't wilted under the best punches LA has given them, they want this fight...

This is one of the few things I dislike about basketball that you dont get in other sports to nearly the same degree. We all knew LAC would be good, and they are. This crowning them as the team to beat based off literally nothing concrete was always destined to bite them in the ass, and its been obvious since before the shutdown that the players bought into this "paper champion" rhetoric way too much. And yall know these narratives were outta control: best perimeter defenders since Mike and Scottie; Kawhi Top 10 ever based on one run last year; Doc an outstanding coach despite never advancing beyond the Semis since '12 and several choke jobs; arguably best bench ever despite having proven nothing in the postseason; PG is the guy that puts you over the top despite never taking a team outta Rd1 since '14; the narratives went on and on...

shyt was always too extreme and alota yall hate to hear this and hate to admit it, but the extremes were obviously centered around a desire downplay the legend of a certain GOAT, and we all know exactly why....

Look, I'm going for the Nuggets, because I've been out on Doc for a long time, he is NOT a guy I believe in, and the cockiness of LA despite having never done anything rubs me the wrong way. Am I certain Denver will win? Hell nah, the best player (I think) is still on the Clippers side, and in this league the best player can will a win when two teams are evenly matched. I wouldn't be surprised a single bit to see LA win...

But some chickens are coming home to roost and I definitely don't hate to see it...

La has the most cockiest and loud guys on their roster even though they’ve never won anything

Lou Williams
Reggie Jackson
Marcus Morris
Patrick Beverly
Montrezl harrell
Paul George

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Last point concerning Clips, Kawhi specifically, then I'm done until Tuesday...

1. I've mentioned this before, recently qnd further back, but its finally time to dead this narrative that he's the same defender he was when he won those DPOYs in '15 and '16. Far too often you turn around and this nikka can't stay in front of his man, dudes just flying by him to the rim, or he getting splashed on. These things occur rather frequently...

Obviously he still an above average man defender and can turn it on to an elite level in spots, but defensively he is living more off reputation. The drop off isn't surprising given the increased offensive responsibility in recent years, we just gotta start calling it how it is instead of fictionalizing who he is now to fit a certain image...

2. To that point, I've mentioned this before too, and it isnt just about this game or this series or this postseason, there's a pattern here. If his jumper isn't falling, how consistently is he impacting the game for a W? When the entire unit is defensively locked in, he can look like the best defender on the court. He's clearly an above average rebounder on both ends...

But I'm talking about, when his team isn't defensively locked in, when his j isn't dropping, his ability to impact the game is muted. He can't take over in any other fashion besides scoring, take that away from him and add a team that is prone to consistent defensive lapses and blowing leads, you can lose him on the floor; he'll you cam let him score like he did in G5 and what else exactly is he doing that commandeers a W on some blackout mode shyt? Dude gets a fair amount of "quiet" 30-point games...

So let's stop the angle that family has no weaknesses...

I'm done until G7, none of this changes that I'm still a fan of Kawhi. Let's just keep it consistent and honest on dude...

You guys are so miserable and unbearable its comical. Meanwhile I'm chillin' and we might be out of the bubble come Tuesday night. Go grab a drink or a puff and enjoy your first WCF appearance in ten years for crying out loud:gucci:

Bruh what are you talking about? Don't confuse sports banter with being miserable, I like talking about the shyt the same way you do and presumably everyone else who actively posts here...

Yall nikkas only pull this card when someone doesn't have the same view or rooting interest you got...

My life doesn't live or die with what my rooting interests do or don't do. I'm simply a fan who likes chopping it up anout the shyt, nothing more to read into it...

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Well the Nuggets were playing carefree with nothing to lose for the last two games but there's nothing carefree in a game 7 so lets see how they play when the pressure will be on them as well:ehh:
U know how much pressure is on Doc, Peggy, & Abortion P?

These dudes best not lose or it’s going to go down as one of the biggest choke jobs in nba history

that’s pressure lol

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Last point concerning Clips, Kawhi specifically, then I'm done until Tuesday...

1. I've mentioned this before, recently qnd further back, but its finally time to dead this narrative that he's the same defender he was when he won those DPOYs in '15 and '16. Far too often you turn around and this nikka can't stay in front of his man, dudes just flying by him to the rim, or he getting splashed on. These things occur rather frequently...

Obviously he still an above average man defender and can turn it on to an elite level in spots, but defensively he is living more off reputation. The drop off isn't surprising given the increased offensive responsibility in recent years, we just gotta start calling it how it is instead of fictionalizing who he is now to fit a certain image...

2. To that point, I've mentioned this before too, and it isnt just about this game or this series or this postseason, there's a pattern here. If his jumper isn't falling, how consistently is he impacting the game for a W? When the entire unit is defensively locked in, he can look like the best defender on the court. He's clearly an above average rebounder on both ends...

But I'm talking about, when his team isn't defensively locked in, when his j isn't dropping, his ability to impact the game is muted. He can't take over in any other fashion besides scoring, take that away from him and add a team that is prone to consistent defensive lapses and blowing leads, you can lose him on the floor; he'll you cam let him score like he did in G5 and what else exactly is he doing that commandeers a W on some blackout mode shyt? Dude gets a fair amount of "quiet" 30-point games...

So let's stop the angle that family has no weaknesses...

I'm done until G7, none of this changes that I'm still a fan of Kawhi. Let's just keep it consistent and honest on dude...

Bruh what are you talking about? Don't confuse sports banter with being miserable, I like talking about the shyt the same way you do and presumably everyone else who actively posts here...

Yall nikkas only pull this card when someone doesn't have the same view or rooting interest you got...

My life doesn't live or die with what my rooting interests do or don't do. I'm simply a fan who likes chopping it up anout the shyt, nothing more to read into it...
You got a hundred or so of these same copy and paste posts on the Clipps.

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
Well the Nuggets were playing carefree with nothing to lose for the last two games but there's nothing carefree in a game 7 so lets see how they play when the pressure will be on them as well:ehh:
Are you really suggesting there’s no pressure when you’re facing an elimination game? They’ve survived 5 elimination games.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
U know how much pressure is on Doc, Peggy, & Abortion P?

These dudes best not lose or it’s going to go down as one of the biggest choke jobs in nba history

that’s pressure lol
Fair enough. The team is choking no doubt but I wish we could've played against a team playing dwarf ball and gotten a league stimulus package by throwing our opponent in a bubble controversy :unimpressed:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Are you really suggesting there’s no pressure when you’re facing an elimination game? They’ve survived 5 elimination games.
They made the claim that they've played carefree with nothing to lose these last two games which is facts but all I'm saying they won't be carefree in a game 7 or all this work they've done to tie the series up goes for naught. Game 7's aren't carefree

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fair enough. The team is choking no doubt but I wish we could've played against a team playing dwarf ball and gotten a league stimulus package by throwing our opponent in a bubble controversy :unimpressed:
People really still talking about Darnell House.:mjlol: I'm old enough to remember when the Clips were rooting for the Blazers to make the 8 seed because they thought they could beat the Lakers.:sas2:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
regardless of who wins both teams have had their feet to the fire and it will help them against the Lakers. The Lakers have not yet been tested and have had an easy road in the playoffs.
This is what I was saying earlier. Lakers have been cruising where as both the Clippers and Nuggets are battle tested. Next series gonna be a thriller

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
They made the claim that they've played carefree with nothing to lose these last two games which is facts but all I'm saying they won't be carefree in a game 7 or all this work they've done to tie the series up goes for naught. Game 7's aren't carefree
I still don’t get the difference. Game 7 is an elimination game just like Games 5 and 6 were for the Nuggets. If they played a certain kind of way in the past two elimination games in this series why couldn’t they play that way in a third?

The only thing that’s different is that the Clippers are now also facing elimination. For the first time this postseason. Pressure will be on them. They’re the favorites. It’ll be a good test for them. We’ll see how they respond.