Simone Biles and husband give interview about their first moments. Husband says he didn't know who Simone was....Black twitter ERUPTS!

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This discussion really broke and exposed so many people and they're damn near oblivious about how they're sounding. The concept of Black Men having confidence in themselves and think highly of themselves brings the worst out of everyone.
I feel like y’all are being purposely obtuse.

Everyone thought they were cute and was happy for them until dude got on the internet saying he was too busy at practice and he didn’t get NBC :comeon::comeon: so he didn’t know who Simone Biles was. Plus: “Naw, you should be asking how she bagged me”. <— that isn’t confidence. That’s cockiness. That’s why folks were bothered AND WHY THE MEN WHO INTERVIEWED HIM SAID IT WAS CAP!

Black men called him out before ANY women did!

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Just because she’s a popular gymnast doesn’t mean she settled with dude. How many popular gymnast marry rich athletes anyway? Dominique Dawes, the original black gymnast who was very popular married a regular ass teacher.

Truth is homeboy had options and biles jumped on him quick. Now is it lame for guys to verbally call themselves a catch, probably. But not worth all the extra responses in my opinion.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Sad thing is it really isn’t that deep and if he had just omitted like 3-4 sentences this shyt would’ve been a blip on the radar
I agree

Just watched. Honestly i think yall laying it on a bit thick.

Yall got to remember, she from Texas lol. So she that much more likely to be traditional and “let the man be the man”. He could’ve been a bit more humble but i dont think he was arrogant. He just a young dude who was telling the truth and has a laid back demeanor. She probably does love him more than vice versa but so what. That’s how it’s supposed to be for a lot of men anyways and when the dude is the one head over heels and infatuated the woman grows tired of it usually. I can guarantee you that’s a big part of why she is attracted to him in the first place and he would be wise to maintain this attitude/demeanor if he wants to sustain the marriage

Trusts My humble opinion. No pun intended

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Simone is the goat but men are dumb and shallow. We don’t really care all that much about how accomplished or wealthy a woman is past a certain level. Look at the nfl players on the pivot and google their wives even. I doubt any of them are accomplished individuals. They were probably just good looking, peaceful women or women they went way back with.

Dude is an nfl player in his mid 20s. Hes light skin, good looking with the braids…and is probably being exposed to dimes more than ever considering he went to such a small midwestern school. Realistically he could smash a lot of thick sexy hoes in Houston and in general and that’s hard for men to resist

As accomplished and cute as Simone is i honestly don’t doubt that she wouldn’t been on his radar like that. She is 4’8 for goodness sake.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I agree

Just watched. Honestly i think yall laying it on a bit thick.

Yall got to remember, she from Texas lol. So she that much more likely to be traditional and “let the man be the man”. He could’ve been a bit more humble but i dont think he was arrogant. He just a young dude who was telling the truth and has a laid back demeanor. She probably does love him more than vice versa but so what. That’s how it’s supposed to be for a lot of men anyways and when the dude is the one head over heels and infatuated the woman grows tired of it usually. I can guarantee you that’s a big part of why she is attracted to him in the first place and he would be wise to maintain this attitude/demeanor if he wants to sustain the marriage

Trusts My humble opinion. No pun intended
Oh naw- he’s got it made in the shade! This is the dynamic they started with so there’s no expectation for it to stop now🤣 Point is his ego made him show the world this dynamic! Coulda played it cool and NO ONE WOULD KNOW.

That’s the whole point! No one really knows anyone else’s dynamic because no one puts that on display for the public. His bad :yeshrug:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Simone is the goat but men are dumb and shallow. We don’t really care all that much about how accomplished or wealthy a woman is past a certain level. Look at the nfl players on the pivot and google their wives even. I doubt any of them are accomplished individuals. They were probably just good looking, peaceful women or women they went way back with.

Dude is an nfl player in his mid 20s. Hes light skin, good looking with the braids…and is probably being exposed to dimes more than ever considering he went to such a small midwestern school. Realistically he could smash a lot of thick sexy hoes in Houston and in general and that’s hard for men to resist

As accomplished and cute as Simone is i honestly don’t doubt that she wouldn’t been on his radar like that. She is 4’8 for goodness sake.
Here’s the thing- we know that. But being a gentleman and caring, protective hubby means you don’t make those insinuations or statements in public. Take it on the chin and make it look like you desired your lady.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Just because she’s a popular gymnast doesn’t mean she settled with dude. How many popular gymnast marry rich athletes anyway? Dominique Dawes, the original black gymnast who was very popular married a regular ass teacher.

Truth is homeboy had options and biles jumped on him quick. Now is it lame for guys to verbally call themselves a catch, probably. But not worth all the extra responses in my opinion.
I'm still confused how this thread is still going. :why: literal circles...for an entire week. look at the date.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
LNLWkdV.jpg

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tony-Powell-Dominique-Dawes-August-2021-Potomac-Lifestyle-Magazine-June-17-2021-2-1600-696x391.jpg

laughing-hysterically-laughing.gif

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
And therein lies the catch :umad:

It’s like a drop dead gorgeous woman telling ppl she’s beautiful/knows she’s beautiful. It takes away from you.

Humility keeps that glow around you. He’d be more of a catch if he played it cool and didn’t put his wife on front street for the sake of “telling the truth”.
Last paragraph so on point...that all that niqqa had to do...not keep upping himself for no reason. Plus I think people calling themselves the prize and catch seems lame to me or show me u got insecurity...especially grown men doing it.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Also what man should Simon biles have married? Kevin Durant? Lamar Jackson? A mlb player? What man would have satisfied Twitter for her? Lol.

If a top Nba player said the same thing then what would have Twitter said?