Sicario (Official Thread)

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I respectfully disagree. I can understand if she was a reporter or some such. But she is law enforcement and as I remember, she was in the FBI for 4 years. She has seen some shyt or at least know something about how drug cartels operate. I had to roll my eyes when ol'girl was googling images from Juarez. There was no need for her to walk around with the :dwillhuh: face.

I do agree this was a great movie, only because of Del Toro

I watched the movie again, and I don't think he was raping the brother, just beating the shyt out of him.:manny:
Nah that was rape :shaq:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not quite as great as I thought it'd be, but it was good. Great visuals. Part of why I liked it less might be that I thought the viewer was supposed to like and relate to Emily Blunt and the lawyer friend, when they were annoying as fukk. Brolin was not likable either, the only likable character was Del Toro for most of this. Which is fine, and the ending with his point of view being vindicated over Blunt's makes everything more tolerable, but for a lot of the movie I was thinking "Why are they assuming we can relate to this viewpoint and character?"

Just saw this and it was :ehh:

Ol'girl was horribly miscast.:scust:

Why did she look so delicate? She even acted delicate. :scust:

The black breh that was with her, he is a police officer (SWAT) but is graduated from Law school? :whatdafuk: What kind of hustling backwards bullshyt is this?

He went to UNC law. In 2015, if you don't go to a top 14 law school, job prospects might not be great. It's reasonable that he'd make more doing what he was doing than in law if he was an average UNC law student.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Nevermind. I didnt know this was old news.

‘Sicario’ Sequel in the Works at Lionsgate (EXCLUSIVE)
sicario-cannes-film-festival.jpg

Lionsgate is developing a sequel to “Sicario” that will center on Benicio Del Toro’s mysterious hitman.

The project is being overseen by Taylor Sheridan, the writer of the acclaimed thriller. Director Denis Villeneuve is also involved, although it’s early in the process and it’s not clear if he would come on board to direct. Black Label Media, which backed “Sicario,” is co-financing the development of a follow-up.

“Before the release of this movie, I was talking to Denis and I said what happened to this character?” said Patrick Wachsberger, co-chair of the studio’s motion picture group. “Where is Benicio going?”

The studio executive was thrilled Monday after “Sicario” debuted to a sizzling $401,288 last weekend from just six theaters. Its per-screen average of $66,881 is the highest of the year.

The film centers on a steely FBI agent (Emily Blunt) who finds herself involved in an off-the-books operation to bring down a Mexican drug kingpin. Josh Brolin co-stars as a morally flexible government operative. Lionsgate is planning an Oscar campaign, Wachsberger said.

“This movie has multiple Oscar potential — best movie, best director, best cinematography, best music, and, of course, the actors,” he said. “All of the characters feel real.”

He added that he hoped that “Sicario” with its eerie shots of nighttime raids and violent border cronfrontations might finally score an Oscar for Roger Deakins, who is zero for twelve despite nominations for the likes of “Unbroken,” “Fargo,” and “Skyfall,” calling the award, “past due.”

Wachsberger also agreed with critics who have been predicting Oscar love for Blunt and calling her performance as tough agent forced to question her beliefs one of the finest of her career.

“She is totally credible,” said Wachsberger. “You end the movie wondering what’s going to happen? What happen to her character? Is she becoming a wolf?”

Despite the strong box office response, Lionsgate is going to roll out “Sicario” at a deliberate pace. It expands to eleven cities and roughly 65 locations next weekend, before going wide on Oct. 2.

“This is a movie that needs word of mouth,” said Wachsberger. “It’s not an easy title. ‘Sicario’? You have to Google that. You’re not going to wear a t-shirt of that.”
'Sicario' Sequel in the Works at Lionsgate (EXCLUSIVE)

:gladbron::ooh::krs::lawd:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I had high expectations for this and was kind of let down. But the ending made it all worth it.

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
Watched last night :wow:suspense was crazy all through out the movie. The violence and the mexico/Cartel scenes is what I expected from the trash ass "The Counselor" from a few years ago. Sicario felt legit.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia