Sicario (Official Thread)

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
My take on blunt's character being vanilla is I think she represents the audience, and how we would view and react if placed in that situation, especially with how he chose to tell the story. I agree with I thought it would have been fascinating if they would have shown the cartel side in the universe they created. But that's nit picking this is one of the best movies of the year.

I respectfully disagree. I can understand if she was a reporter or some such. But she is law enforcement and as I remember, she was in the FBI for 4 years. She has seen some shyt or at least know something about how drug cartels operate. I had to roll my eyes when ol'girl was googling images from Juarez. There was no need for her to walk around with the :dwillhuh: face.

I do agree this was a great movie, only because of Del Toro

I watched the movie again, and I don't think he was raping the brother, just beating the shyt out of him.:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I respectfully disagree. I can understand if she was a reporter or some such. But she is law enforcement and as I remember, she was in the FBI for 4 years. She has seen some shyt or at least know something about how drug cartels operate. I had to roll my eyes when ol'girl was googling images from Juarez. There was no need for her to walk around with the :dwillhuh: face.

I do agree this was a great movie, only because of Del Toro

I watched the movie again, and I don't think he was raping the brother, just beating the shyt out of him.:manny:

They waterboard him.

And just because she was FBI did not mean she had any real interactions with the cartels. She has never been to Juarez and the green side of her is being shown when she is googling the images, talking about building a case etc. Her and the black guy were supposed to represent the only ones with traditional "morals" in a land of wolves.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was also a bit disappointed with this. Prisoners was a personal favorite of the past few years. No problems with Villeneuve and the camera work here but the characters were very cookie cutter, saw the ending a mile away and there wasnt much that hadnt already been done elsewhere

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
Oh u think u know this game kid ?

Ask about me son...

ric-flair-o.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They waterboard him.

And just because she was FBI did not mean she had any real interactions with the cartels. She has never been to Juarez and the green side of her is being shown when she is googling the images, talking about building a case etc. Her and the black guy were supposed to represent the only ones with traditional "morals" in a land of wolves.
lol no

the drain was bone dry

that man got raped

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What a fukkin movie:whew:

Del Toro was a straight up monster and like others have said I hated Blunt's and her partner's green character throughout and her outrage when shyt was going down. That drive into Juarez with those bodies strung up like Predator from the freeway...:lupe:

You can't fight the Mexican cartels playing fair especially when they leaving bombs for yall like thank you cards.