Siakam Spins & The Cs Grin: Official Pacers (#6) vs. Celtics (#1) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Who wins?

• Celtics in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers in 4

• Pacers in 5

• Pacers in 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
The Pacers were the #1 offensive team in the league with the Celtics right behind them. This wasn't going to be an easy cakewalk for them.
The Pacers were second with the Celtics in front of them. And the Pacers were one of the worst defensive teams in the league while the Celtics were one of the best. And the Celtics had an all time regular season.

So yeah this was expected to be a cakewalk for them. I still expect the Celtics to win the title begrudgingly.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Tatum isn't that guy. We all knew this, but it needed to be stated again. I'd probably take Paul Pierce over him.

Lol @ this backhanded compliment.

Prime Paul Pierce was a better player than Tatum/period.

Dont let this inflated stat era and team success fool you. Tatum came into the league playing on stacked teams, a luxury Pierce didnt have until he was 30 years old.

“But but Tatum is making 1st team all nba every season, and Pierce has never made any 1st teams”

Like Tatum would sniff 1st team in the 2000s :mjlol:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Give credit to Boston. That play to free Brown was amazingly executed. He was so clear I don't think there even was an opportunity to foul. Brown would have gotten 3 free throws and the Pacers would have looked even more stupid.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Give credit to Boston. That play to free Brown was amazingly executed. He was so clear I don't think there even was an opportunity to foul. Brown would have gotten 3 free throws and the Pacers would have looked even more stupid.
As well as it was executed by Boston, it was equally poorly defended by Indy. You need to switch that screen. Can’t expect Siakim to fight through the screen and get out Brown. Teams that don’t switch there don’t want to give up a slip for a layup, but in this case they’re up 3 with less than 10 seconds left and a layup doesn’t hurt you. They’re just a bad defensive team.

The series is going to be a battle of who can do less dumb shyt at the end of games and last night Indy did way more.

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Bad decisions from Hali and Indy late.

Celtics are ass btw, these dudes have the same issues year after year. They’re lucky the east awful

The Celts haven’t been playing close to the level of the teams out west. Indiana will be the first team that pushes them. But the Pacers themselves aren’t good enough to prepare them for the buzzsaw they’ll see in the finals.

By the time the Celts look to ramp up they’ll be down 0-2

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Yeah Celtics need Porzingis. Without him they are not winning a championship. Period.

Horford too fukking old to give you something on defense. It's already impressive he's still able to score something and get some rebounds. Dude is near his retirement. 40 minutes way too much for him.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I don't care of the Celtics don't "need" Porzingis for this series. I want him back whenever he is able to come back

Not good to save him for the Finals just cause. Porzingis needs to get the rust off, and he needs to get in rhythm with this team. And it also preserves Horford from not playing 40+ minutes a game

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Yeah Celtics need Porzingis. Without him they are not winning a championship. Period.

Horford too fukking old to give you something on defense. It's already impressive he's still able to score something and get some rebounds. Dude is near his retirement. 40 minutes way too much for him.

Honestly, they don't need Porzingis in this series. This is more of a factor of Joe Mazzulla being a dumbass and not realizing there's opportunities for Tatum to play the 5, to play Oshea Brissett more, play Tillman more, etc. There are options he can go to, but he's stubborn and stuck in his ways

I just want Porzingis back to get his rhythm with his team and knock the rust off