Siakam Spins & The Cs Grin: Official Pacers (#6) vs. Celtics (#1) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Who wins?

• Celtics in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers in 4

• Pacers in 5

• Pacers in 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the past two weeks the dominant narrative has been that the Celtics haven’t been battle tested because they haven’t had to win close games. They should be happy with what they saw :hubie:
I was just thinking. This team could have some parallels to the 2004 Red Sox crew that were branded “The Idiots”. Chippy, almost play with a confident sense of reckless abandon that has me screaming at my tv :russ:

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
For the past two weeks the dominant narrative has been that the Celtics haven’t been battle tested because they haven’t had to win close games. They should be happy with what they saw :hubie:

Yeah. That’s what they wanted but tomorrow they gonna come and say that they should blow the pacers out😂🤣 Felger and Mazz licking their chops.

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only game 1 and i'm out here hella stressed. :sadcam:

Jrue and JB came up big. Pacers gonna be hunting Al, Hauser, and Pritchard. Gotta make some adjustments cuz they were getting any shot they wanted.

What's the plus/minus of that 3 guard lineup of Holiday, White, and Pritchard? sheesh

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Great game! Shoutout to Boston for toughing that one out.

Definitely their toughest game in the whole playoffs. Horford and Kornet got beat up for much of the game. They're gonna need something to change there because Indy will continue to exploit that weakness. Tatum played great. Brown also played great and hit a spectacular clutch 3. Holiday played a ton of minutes, but was huge on both ends of the floor. Defensively, they're gonna need to put some thought into how they manage that side of their game against this fast Indy team.

Mazzulla has done a good job in making the right adjustments in between games like this, so I look forward to seeing their adjustments in the next games.

Indy... I think we're seeing their best. If they play game 2 like they did game 1 and still lose... :francis: If they lose big? They're toast.

Anyway, we'll see what happens on Thursday

Let's go Celts!

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps

I know I was, for sure. They grinded that one out and showed that they can rise to the occasion with their back against the wall.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also he got off to a very poor start but Jrue has played probably his best basketball as a Celtic the last four games. Perfect in his role
It was weird to see Celtic fans trashing Jrue cuz in my head I was like “have yall seen this mfer in big moments before? He’s a straight winner.”

Now we seeing it. If anybody wants to beat Boston you gotta keep him and White contained.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
End of the 4th happened fast. After rewinding this some historic shyt :bryan:

1) 1:10 Pacers up 3. Hali blocks Derick white’s 3 from behind. :banderas:

2) :57 BS loose ball foul gives Boston 2 FTs. Pacers up 1

3) :46 Nemhard bbq chicken over Horford. Pacers up 3

4) :38 Tatum misses wide open 3. Pacers can officially ice it or at least milk it down to——
5) :28 Hali dribbles off his knee. Turnover :heh:

6) :15 Tatum misses the Ewing ‘do you practice that shot. wtf is that’ fadeaway. Game OVER :banderas:

7) :12 With a timeout, Siakim goes away from the inbounder, and nemhard makes a ridiculous pass UNDER THE OTHER TEAMS BASKET, on some Mike Vick throwing a 90mph laser to his RB in the flat. Turnover

8) :10 Mcconnel sticks to Derrick white as if it’s a 2 point game, as if white is prime Jordan. Make Siakim work to get to Brown, who gets to the corner for an uncontested 3. Hoopers know, that was uncontested. Siakim was there after the fact

9) :5 Hali slow release strikes again. Like the lamelo vid posted above, he can’t go fast. Embarassing.

Daps
The Pacers were the #1 offensive team in the league with the Celtics right behind them. This wasn't going to be an easy cakewalk for them.
Their whole playoff run is easy as hell. No Butler, no Giannis, no Embiid, no Brunson. Even the Cavs were hurt. A seasoned team that decimated the Conference should be sweeping to the finals. They won 64 games, 14 games ahead of 2nd place. 11.4 point differential for the season, the 5th highest in league history. Celtics and Thunder only teams in top 5 for offense and defense rating.

Looks like Celtics are 1st in offensive rating and 3rd in defensive rating. Pacers 2nd in offense, bottom 5 for defense.
For playoffs Pacers are 1st, Celtics 2nd for offense. Celtics also 3rd for defense.

They should be well rested for whoever comes out of the gauntlet that is the West.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@SchoolboyC

Remember breh, I mentioned this months ago. Hauser as your 7th/8th man scares me. He was HORRIBLE tonight

I rather Mazzulla play Oshae Brissett. He is a better fit for this series

I don’t want to see Hauser on the court again unless it’s garbage time

Joey Mazz ain’t playing Brissett, he don’t space the floor

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Their whole playoff run is easy as hell. No Butler, no Giannis, no Embiid, no Brunson. Even the Cavs were hurt. A seasoned team that decimated the Conference should be sweeping to the finals. They won 64 games, 14 games ahead of 2nd place. 11.4 point differential for the season, the 5th highest in league history. Celtics and Thunder only teams in top 5 for offense and defense rating.

Looks like Celtics are 1st in offensive rating and 3rd in defensive rating. Pacers 2nd in offense, bottom 5 for defense.
For playoffs Pacers are 1st, Celtics 2nd for offense. Celtics also 3rd for defense.

They should be well rested for whoever comes out of the gauntlet that is the West.
Teams benefit from injuries all the time. I won’t knock the Pacers for that as they‘ve come a lot farther than the majority of people expected.