Siakam Spins & The Cs Grin: Official Pacers (#6) vs. Celtics (#1) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

Who wins?

• Celtics in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers in 4

• Pacers in 5

• Pacers in 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Honestly, they don't need Porzingis in this series. This is more of a factor of Joe Mazzulla being a dumbass and not realizing there's opportunities for Tatum to play the 5, to play Oshea Brissett more, play Tillman more, etc. There are options he can go to, but he's stubborn and stuck in his ways

I just want Porzingis back to get his rhythm with his team and knock the rust off

Yeah. Play a bit in this series like 15-20 min a game and then get into a rhythm in practices before next round

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Lol @ this backhanded compliment.

Prime Paul Pierce was a better player than Tatum/period.

Dont let this inflated stat era and team success fool you. Tatum came into the league playing on stacked teams, a luxury Pierce didnt have until he was 30 years old.

“But but Tatum is making 1st team all nba every season, and Pierce has never made any 1st teams”

Like Tatum would sniff 1st team in the 2000s :mjlol:
Stats wise he could easily make the second team several times though.

And I don’t even like Tatums game

Beating out Nowitzki, KG or Lebron is far fetched.

But this is a relative sport, relative to your peers. It’s not like people on average have ever been better at shooting, faster or stronger than today. At the same time defense focus has probably not been worse than today since the 70/80s.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Give credit to Boston. That play to free Brown was amazingly executed. He was so clear I don't think there even was an opportunity to foul. Brown would have gotten 3 free throws and the Pacers would have looked even more stupid.
Yeah you saw Siakam pull back once Brown got wide open, no sense making it a 4 point play. Just had to hope he missed.

Pacers definitely had a shot there, but completely melted down the last minute of the 4th quarter. Ugly basketball.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, they don't need Porzingis in this series. This is more of a factor of Joe Mazzulla being a dumbass and not realizing there's opportunities for Tatum to play the 5, to play Oshea Brissett more, play Tillman more, etc. There are options he can go to, but he's stubborn and stuck in his ways

I just want Porzingis back to get his rhythm with his team and knock the rust off

They would be playing 4v5 on offense with Brissett or Tillman. They need to mix in zone defense more in the 4th to mix it up or just not switch all the time.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Pacers choked that game away. Which is funny considering they were just making fun of the Knicks for that.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
They would be playing 4v5 on offense with Brissett or Tillman. They need to mix in zone defense more in the 4th to mix it up or just not switch all the time.

They were going 4v5 with Hauser in the game :yeshrug:. Modern NBA coaches lose all logic for a "floor spacer" that is useless when they aren't hitting shots

Brissett and Tillman are 100x more useful

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
They were going 4v5 with Hauser in the game :yeshrug:. Modern NBA coaches lose all logic for a "floor spacer" that is useless when they aren't hitting shots

Brissett and Tillman are 100x more useful

Hauser is not in the game in the 4th.

You gotta play Al if Porzingis is not playing. He can hit the 3 ball and is a threat down low if he gets a smaller guy on him. Brissett and Tillman are just not good enough on offense.

I thought Maz was pretty good last night. He called timeouts in the 4th when the C's looked unserious (which happens more than it should) and designed a great out of bounds play that freed Brown.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Pacers were second with the Celtics in front of them. And the Pacers were one of the worst defensive teams in the league while the Celtics were one of the best. And the Celtics had an all time regular season.

So yeah this was expected to be a cakewalk for them. I still expect the Celtics to win the title begrudgingly.

Define cakewalk

Yeah the Pacers probably wouldn’t have made it this far if it wasn’t for injuries to the opposition but y’all act like they’re not a good team at all. They won 47 games and had the highest scoring offense in the league. They were never going to get swept in 4 blowouts

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Stats wise he could easily make the second team several times though.

And I don’t even like Tatums game

Beating out Nowitzki, KG or Lebron is far fetched.

But this is a relative sport, relative to your peers. It’s not like people on average have ever been better at shooting, faster or stronger than today. At the same time defense focus has probably not been worse than today since the 70/80s.

He’s not averaging the same stats playing in the 2000s tho. He takes nearly 10 3pt attempts per game to average only 26. He’s not doing that in the 00s. 2000s were a slower pace, less 3s, much better talent at the forward positions. Making 2nd team is not the same as making 1st. He’s on his way to making his 3rd straight 1st team because his comp is weak.

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Define cakewalk

Yeah the Pacers probably wouldn’t have made it this far if it wasn’t for injuries to the opposition but y’all act like they’re not a good team at all. They won 47 games and had the highest scoring offense in the league. They were never going to get swept in 4 blowouts
The Celtics losing once but their victories being by double digits.

And I’m not acting like anything don’t put words in my mouth. This isn’t about how good the Pacers are. This is about how historically good the Celtics are.

There are only 4 teams with a higher SRS in the regular season than the Celtics this year. The 71 Bucks, 96 Bulls, 72 Lakers, and 17 Warriors. So yeah I expect the Celtics to dominate them. That’s why I said I think they win it all this year

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Lol @ this backhanded compliment.

Prime Paul Pierce was a better player than Tatum/period.

Dont let this inflated stat era and team success fool you. Tatum came into the league playing on stacked teams, a luxury Pierce didnt have until he was 30 years old.

“But but Tatum is making 1st team all nba every season, and Pierce has never made any 1st teams”

Like Tatum would sniff 1st team in the 2000s :mjlol:

Breh Paul Pierce was shooting 40% from the field and under 30% from 3 on 21 shots in his 25-26 age seasons🤣😂 that ain’t efficient. Hate to break it to ya, I loved Paul Pierce but he was never a top 10 player at any point in his career. Tatum Chasing Russell, Larry Bird and Havlicek at this point🤷🏽‍♂️

Tatum a Better scorer, better 2 point shooter, 3 point shooter, free throw shooter, Better rebounder, Better passer, better defender and a few of those have nothing to with “inflated stats”.

Tatum came in the League and Took LeBron to 7 games after beating Giannis and Embiid with

Terry Rozier-Not An All Star
Jaylen Brown-Year 2
Marcus Morris Not an All Star
Al Horford Not an All Star

Is that a “Stacked team”? Paul Pierce was missing the playoffs with a team like that.

Last edited:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Breh Paul Pierce was shooting 40% from the field and under 30% from 3 on 21 shots in his 25-26 age seasons🤣😂 that ain’t efficient. Hate to break it to ya, I loved Paul Pierce but he was never a top 10 player at any point in his career. Tatum Chasing Russell, Larry Bird and Havlicek at this point🤷🏽‍♂️

Tatum a Better scorer, better 2 point shooter, 3 point shooter, free throw shooter, Better rebounder, Better passer, better defender and a few of those have nothing to with “inflated stats”.

His FG % was relative to his era. Iverson won mvp shooting 40% from the floor.

Top 10 player is subjective. There were way better players in the 00s than in the 20s. He’d definitely be a top 10 player playing today. The 80s and the 00s probably had the best collection of individual talent/all time great players. Being right outside the top 10 if you played in those eras is not a knock.

Tatum wasnt a better scorer, he wasnt a better midrange shooter, and he wasnt a better 3 point shooter. Lol @ better passer.

You are a box score watcher. You dont actual watch games because your comments are stupid.