KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
@daria @Lithe @Caliban @KOOL-AID
Sigh!!!
It was sort of a disater lol. My hair kept puffing back up, this is the first time ive flat ironed since i cut my hair 3 years ago. I think the issue was i had product in my hair already and i added a silky straightening serum when i was flat ironing.
My hair feels super soft but its not silky straight like i wanted. Im gonna do it again next week on freshly washed hair with minimal product and a slik wrap at the end.

I need a trim but for right now my hair is past my bra strap just above my waist. I did find like 6 strands together that reached all the way down to the top of my butt:ehh:

1f06e5b5d08f276c17475dc430730a39.jpeg

I have a clearer pic on my ipad, and one from the side. Ill upload later.
:damn: lookin like a chocolate lioness (lmao female lions dnt have manes but u get what i'm sayin)...why u block out the best part :o:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
Lol yes my hair was not having it.
Not hot but my hair is so soft that it was tickling my neck. I can tell it would get annoying if i left it down.
The flat iton i used was.

Its cool cause it has a chamber that you pour this serum that they have and it blows steam when ur using it.
After i washed my hair i put in this plantain leave in conditioner by shea moisture mad sprayed it with this aphogee green tea spray. Later when i flat ironed i used this biosilk straitening serum. :whew:
I tried wrapping it but that was a mess too lol.
That was pretty much it, i did small sections but it still puffed back up, i wactched some youtube videos and am gonna try a different technique next week.
I think I watched a video review on this flat iron when I was researching which iron to buy! I ultimately decided on a tourmaline ceramic Karmin G3, which I'm very pleased with!

Check out the comb chase method! The last time I flat ironed my hair for my trim (we cut 2 inches because I wanted to) I had to go in very small sections and used minimal product. I washed with Chi Infra shampoo and treatment, then did a deep condition. Washed that out, I too used the Aphogee green tea (it's the restructurizer) and keratin spray because it's a type of protein. Gotta maintain a moisture protein balance. But what helped it get "flatter" and stay straighter for longer, was using comb chase. I have a special kind of comb for it, this one: New Image Vented Straightening/Cutting Comb but honestly, my rat tail comb worked better because I wasn't snagging my hair by having it clamped down!

Here's a comb chase video if you haven't seen one before:

It took me longer to flat iron because I did a lot of small sections, but it lasted longer as well and I didn't have to use as many passes. I'm a bit weary of heat damage, but I still go to at least 370-425, or else my hair would laugh. I adjust it for the different textures in my hair! Haha it is work, too, that's why I almost always have my hair in some kind of curl.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
All of this flat iron talk makes me wanna flat iron my hair... I just may.

I got a new flat iron for my birthday.
As I sit here twisting and untwisting my hair while pondering how to stop this hand-in-hair syndrome that I'm sure has kept me from length, retention, your post was like a trickle of water in the desert, as I realized I don't mess with my hair as much when it's straight!! Maybe I should flat iron more often instead of only for trims. Hmm! Thank you! If you do flat iron your hair, we wanna see!

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Thanks.

I only started paying attention because after I took out my braids I noticed that my hair was shedding (more than usual) so I decided to do the test and my strands immediately sink.

I use minimal to no heat, co-wash and deep condition regularly, so I think I might be due for a protein treatment.