Lithe

All Star
Daps
wow i appreciate that; seems like ur having quite the journey, keep it up love :hug:

You're welcome! I am enjoying this journey, even if sometimes I get tired of how time consuming it can be.

Here is the list of ingredients:
15o9fms.jpg

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
You're welcome! I am enjoying this journey, even if sometimes I get tired of how time consuming it can be.

Here is the list of ingredients:
15o9fms.jpg
thnks, kinda wonder how it will react to my hair. Guess i'll have to get some and see.... we appreciate you dnt hesitate to ask us men for support.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
thnks, kinda wonder how it will react to my hair. Guess i'll have to get some and see.... we appreciate you dnt hesitate to ask us men for support.

You're welcome! Yeah, this natural hair journey is a lot of trial and error! It can be frustrating because of the costs and then something not being what your hair needs. At the same time, that's part of the journey so you just gotta roll with it. This product wasn't too much, I believe I got it for either $7.99 or $8.99 at Sally beauty supply store. It's new, so you might have to hunt around for it. Thanks, I'll let y'all know if I need a male perspective!

Daps
Yesterday, I posted in my natural hair thread that I had a new product I wanted to try for finger coils. I was not a fan of it for a wash n go, but I love it for the coils!

This is the product I used

jk91tx.jpg

And this is a picture I took about 10 minutes ago after having to redo a few coils because the sections were too big. I'm going back under my hooded dryer for maybe 10 minutes, then getting ready for class.

xgllqv.jpg

I had 1.5 inches cut off and some shaping done to my hair on Sunday, and it feels and looks so much better. I don't mind losing length because my goal is healthy hair! These coils took much less time than my two strand twists, so they may just be my go to style for this spring, switch it up a bit. I love natural hair! :wub:
Sounds like you be having fun.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
My finger coil attempt was a fail. @Lithe how do you make the coils last a few days. How do you protect it at night?

I'm sorry! Maybe you should try it again. A lot of these styles are really practice makes perfect/trial and error "experiments" I guess you could say!

I style on freshly washed hair, so it's usually still damp at least. If not, I'm using a liquid leave in (Jane Carter) and a liquid type gel (garnier pure clean gel is a good one with good ingredients that you can find at most stores where they sell that line) for hold! I don't part my hair at all except the side part, which is how my hair normally falls. I just grab and go.

When you start your coils, it may be helpful to begin the coil with a two strand twist, which gives the root some tension, and then twirl the rest around your finger until you get to the end of that coil. I've used my non-twirling hand to hold what's already been twirled to give it some tension which keeps it in place until I get to the end of that coil.

Small sections! If the section is too large, my hair is just a big puffy coil, not sleek how I like them. You also need to keep your hair wet as you coil, because dry hair unravels. I also like to sit under my hooded dryer for 15-20 minutes to dry the set once I'm done. I usually style my hair at night, but if I did a set in the morning or afternoon, I'd let it air dry. My hair isn't really dripping wet, but it's wet enough to hold the style and I hate going to bed with wet hair! It makes my scalp itch.

To protect it at night, I tie it up with a satin scarf and wear a satin bonnet on top of that! They're a little smushed once I get up in the morning, but I can just shake and go. My hair swells with humidity, so I wear a shower cap when I'm in the shower, and I get at least a week out of the coils. If I feel like they're getting fuzzy or anything, I can just go redo those coils.

I remember watching this video the first time I had a failed coil attempt, and her method worked for me even though my curl pattern is much tighter than hers! You could try this!

Last edited:

Lithe

All Star
Daps
lol medusa is from greek mythology, how is liquid black soap compared to the bar?
@Lithe

I know who medusa is, I've just never been called medusa before!

I have no comparison for you! I've never used the bar, this is my first time using the black soap at all. I prefer liquid body washes, so when I saw this one I figured it couldn't hurt to use it! I like the peppermint a lot. It's invigorating and energizing. There's a (I believe) tangerine scent too.