Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
Hmmm... you would think eco styler wouldn't flake are you using any other type of products with it?

But i wouldn't use gel to do my twist out, I use something creamy like a curly pudding.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm... you would think eco styler wouldn't flake are you using any other type of products with it?

But i wouldn't use gel to do my twist out, I use something creamy like a curly pudding.

It's only been 3 months since I did the big chop so I'm still trying to figure out what works for my hair. I recently bought some products from Shea Moisture, but I've been using coconut oil with a leave in.

I find when I don't use some sort of gel or holding mousse that my hair has a hard time maintaining the curls for the day and I'm constantly running to the bathroom to damp my hair.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
@daria check out these products, my guy @Michael's Black Son put me on to them, i wld recommend the whipped pudding.
hair Oyin Handmade

Yes. Oyin is the shyt. I swear by it and use it on my fro every day. Worth buying and it's a black owned company. I sometimes buy their stuff in target because they sell it there but I try To buy directly from their website. They usually give free samples and put candy in the package when you get it.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Thanks, i'll try this the next time I wash.

:ehh:I did a quick Google search and the pudding reviews have been nothing but positive.

I use a combo of the whipped pudding, the quenching lotion and juices and berries on my hair. Your hair will feel nice, soft and smell amazing. I also use their Go Tea spray on my beard. It has my beard smelling nice and it softens up the hairs as well

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Anyone have any tips to avoid (or reduce) flaking when using gel for twist outs?
I make my own gel with flaxseeds. Best thing I ever did. Here's a video, I add aloe juice in mine cause my hair loves aloe. Also you can mix it with ur leave in conditioner and make hair gel custard with it.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I make my own gel with flaxseeds. Best thing I ever did. Here's a video, I add aloe juice in mine cause my hair loves aloe. Also you can mix it with ur leave in conditioner and make hair gel custard with it.

:ohhh:I will have to try this.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
:ohhh:I will have to try this.
It is the best!! I can't wear hair gel because of my dermatitis and this was a life save for me. It leaves my hair soft and defined. I add essential oils like peppermint and grapefruit and it smells so heavenly. I actually tried something different today. I boiled the flax seeds but not as long and didn't let it get to gel like, then I added my oils and poured it over my hair while it was still wet. My hair is still wet, but it smells so good and feels so soft :ohlawd:
Oh and it also helps ur hair to hang more.

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
It is the best!! I can't wear hair gel because of my dermatitis and this was a life save for me. It leaves my hair soft and defined. I add essential oils like peppermint and grapefruit and it smells so heavenly. I actually tried something different today. I boiled the flax seeds but not as long and didn't let it get to gel like, then I added my oils and poured it over my hair while it was still wet. My hair is still wet, but it smells so good and feels so soft :ohlawd:
Oh and it also helps ur hair to hang more.

I second this. I love flax seed gel. My hair isn't so frizzy when I use it.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Update

A little over 3 months since the big chop.

• After a twist out
    262ta9k.jpg
    *I probably should've taken the picture with the bando on.

• After combing out the twist out
    2ij412x.jpg