Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
No i didn’t:yeshrug: I did everything under the sun to try and get her to get an abortion. Everything from saying I would marry her and we could have kids later, fake crying and even lying about killing myself if she kept it:heh: she hit my black ass with the:unimpressed: and told me to make all the prenatal appointments.I was pissed, but im glad she made the decision she did,I tell her this often even though we haven’t had a romantic relationship since the birth over a decade ago. I say that to say the moment the semen leaves our body, it belongs to her and we have to make the best of the situation:yeshrug:

>Everything from saying I would marry her and we could have kids later, fake crying and even lying about killing myself if she kept it

Please tell me you’re lying, ain’t no way lol

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They havent filed his kids are middle scboolers. Nah the silly point is that yall assume all females are actually on child support :dead:. Or would even benefit monetarily from it

You niccas have got to learn how to read or at least make logical assumptions. Why the fukk would we be talking about men forfeiting their rights and not being required to pay child support for men who aren’t gonna pay child support :mindblown:

A female not benefitting from child support monetarily (this has already been mentioned several times) does not mean that same child support doesn’t negatively impact the man

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
>Everything from saying I would marry her and we could have kids later, fake crying and even lying about killing myself if she kept it

Please tell me you’re lying, ain’t no way lol
Hell nah I’m not lying :mjlol: I was a immature 25 year old who loved his freedom and was petrified.I was throwing shyt to the wall to see if it would stick.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Be a man=Be stronger, be smarter, be more responsible.

It’s the quiet part that a lot of folks are scared to say out loud. But it’s the expectation society places on us from an early age.

The whole concept of “provide and protect” is placed on Black boys as the expectation of manhood. Even before a lot of them are ready.

So to answer @Houston911 the real answer to your opening post is that men are looked upon to be the adults in functional society.

If a plane or ship goes down the first instructions are “Women and children first”
:francis: might as well close the thread.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I cant believe this thread is so long.

Men in here fighting against their role as patriarchs :dead:

Embrace it fellas :blessed:
Post modern society influenced by feminism. That doesn't mix with patriarchy. There is also a line of thinking that explains that patriarchs can only exist in the ruling group all other groups of men are relegated to de facto women via limiting economic means. But that's a different convo.

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
Hell nah I’m not lying :mjlol: I was a immature 25 year old who loved his freedom and was petrified.I was throwing shyt to the wall to see if it would stick.

Well I hope things worked out with you and the baby at least lol

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I read through the entire thread. Regrettably.

Most of you nikkas in TLR have remedial comprehension skills. Or are just obstinate retards. At most 10% of people in this thread addressed @Houston911's main point of discussion. The rest felt the need to get on their hotep shoe boxes and speak about "men being responsible" (oh the irony given the topic) or implying that women aren't fully adult, which.. :mjtf:

On to the main topic at hand, which I feel can be summarized better:

"Is a pro-choice view (women and doctors alone should determine whether they have an abortion) compatible with the belief that men should be subjected to compulsory child support, without being given the option to financially abort early in the pregnancy?"

I'm not sure there is an absolute answer to this. In short, for many situations I do not think that the 2 positions are logically compatible, and that there is some sort of cognitive dissonance going on, forced by circumstances (women biology and ethical reasons around the welfare of the child).

First of all, I am staunchly pro choice. I also recognize that women have a variety of reasons for getting an abortion. Some are strictly medical. Some are borne out of convenience or of a consideration for the financial/life impacts a child will have on the mother. All reasons are valid for me.

I also believe that women and men are equals and should have the same level of accountability when it comes to weighing the decisions for their actions and the potential consequences.

I also believe that once a child comes into the world, there is a moral imperative for both biological parents to do their best in providing for the child and raising the child to be a well functioning human being.

Ignoring situations where an abortion may cause health concerns or the pregnancy is a miracle and an abortion may condemn a woman to childlessness...

Hypothetical: In a situation that is more "logical", a potential father would be able to express to the potential mother, that he is incapable of providing physical/financial support should the woman decide to carry to term. Then the woman would be able to determine whether or not she is capable of raising this child on her own. If not, wouldn't any sane person abort? Now, if she decides to carry through to term regardless, what about the rights of the child? Should the taxpayer be on the hook for the child? There are 3 options here:

1. The woman is solely responsible for the child's upkeep, as she has waived government support. The child suffers.
2. The woman raises find child with help from the government. I step in for the deadbeat with my taxes.
3. The father is forced to provide support.

I don't mind 2 (scrap 50% off the defense budget or something) but otherwise, between an innocent child and the father suffering, I'd have to go with 3. 1 sounds vindictive (you should have aborted bytch! Now look at you) but again, the child suffers.

Now here is the thing, if you want, you really can evade child support if you are determined. Freelance and take cash under the table. Move abroad. Earn below the threshold. Change your name and drop off the grid so you can't be tracked down. It's not morally right. But I can't help but think there are a good amount for women who would have elected for an abortion if faced with the possibility of raising that kid alone without any child support.

Tricky one.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
oh please. there's many men that don't pay child support with no legal consequences. i'm sure you know some in your personal life or someone on this forum has admitted to it, or even some famous people with deadbeat dads, or you can even look up stats if you wanted to know the truth. this is not farfetched

This is a blanket statement backed by nothing:jbhmm: