Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That was not at all communicated clearly. A better argument would have been the number of posts about paying child support based on the number of actual posters as a whole.

Also as I understand it child support isn't just paid one time so said posters are more than likely still paying. Again the time wasn't a good metric to use.
You are assuming the current demographic and vocal majority of the board is the same as it was across the span of all those post which I don’t imagine it is.

The vocal majority of this board:
  • Doesn’t have kids
  • Doesn’t want to be in relationships
  • Aren’t in relationships
  • Are only in casual sexual relationship
  • Aren’t involved with women at all
Where is the current angst on child support coming from?

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Passing the buck still.

This exists because of historical contexts. Men were able to impregnate women and they had to carry to term or mutilate themselves to get rid of the baby. Or in some cases, an unwed expecting mother would have the child taken and placed into foster homes.

Child support is an advancement of previous methods of payment a man would dole out within their community. Instead of government budgets doling out the funds, they found a reliable and acting hand to pursue for the funds.

Regardless, a man can give up his parental rights but the court will still hold you accountable for child support. Unless you pose a danger to the kid or as a human being with substantial evidence.

The child is always the dependent and pulling out when it needs support is the wrong time to do so. The state looks at the child as the ultimate loser in this case, parents not together to raise the child so they have to step in. The child will not lose. Removing yourself from the equation and not providing the money. Wow.

I agree with men relinquishing rights to child support if they are raped, otherwise within a relationship it's fair game.

In the words of Mark from Peep

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But men can't make the ultimate decision that's literally the slogan for pro-choice. So at the end of the day a woman had the option to have or not have the child. And in a number of cases women still have children knowing they and the dude that got them pregnant don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. The choice is the issue I think, or lack there of for a man to opt out.
The ultimate decision is in woman’s hands because it’s a medical decision. Just no way to get around that.

Once the kid is here somebody has to pay for it. Only alternative would be for the Government to step in and pay for the kids upbringing.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It is relevant, you making a large assumption that these women see it as a " get out of jail card." The proper and more sensible view is that we can't assume that all women who has had one looks at them as some cynical get out of jail free card.

It’s not relevant

If a woman does not want to be responsible for a child then she can abort. There is no such option for men. If this isn’t a get out of jail free card then what is :dahell:

I’m not talking about women who are getting abortions cuz they were raped or risk health complications

39629C17-7634-4C68-877B-123EEF8AA9E8.jpeg

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
also this whole thing about "men don't have an out" is blatantly false.
many men just dip and no consequences are had, it's much easier to do that when the baby is not coming out of your hole or needing your breastmilk to survive l guess lol
there's 3 million homeless children, and not a corresponding number of parents in jail for failure to pay child support

#factsnotfeelings

Major 🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢

Only way a man has an out is if the girl don't know his name and number. And that's even an out, it's just lying and gaming the system.

What LEGAL ways do men have an out?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well @Houston911 premise is based on the fact that women use abortions because they made a mistake and can’t/don’t want to take care of the child themselves. So it stands to reason that if the men in those situations offered to step up and care for the kid there would be lots less abortions. So while men can’t dictate what a woman does with a pregnancy. Men have a profound influence over that decision.

It’s not fair to portray it as a “get out of jail free card” that only benefits women.

Never said it only benefits women and I agree that if women were confident that the man would be a good partner we would see significantly less abortions

A woman always has access to a get out of jail free card. The man only gets out of jail if the woman is on board.

Daps
Major 🧢🧢🧢🧢🧢

Only way a man has an out is if the girl don't know his name and number. And that's even an out, it's just lying and gaming the system.

What LEGAL ways do men have an out?

oh please. there's many men that don't pay child support with no legal consequences. i'm sure you know some in your personal life or someone on this forum has admitted to it, or even some famous people with deadbeat dads, or you can even look up stats if you wanted to know the truth. this is not farfetched

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
oh please. there's many men that don't pay child support with no legal consequences. i'm sure you know some in your personal life or someone on this forum has admitted to it, or even some famous people with deadbeat dads, or you can even look up stats if you wanted to know the truth. this is not farfetched
My cousin got 5 kids and dont pay child support nor raise none of them. nikkas in here is foolish lol

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How do you think I found those child support threads? I read the board. Can you a least post a link to threads backing up your point ?
You found them by running a keyword search on child support thus including threads that were talking about child support for cats……