Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
This question is asked with the assumption that people upset about the ruling would be upset at one versus the other. Which ironically is non-logical and possibly emotional.

But yeah. Women should be allowed to abort fetuses and Men should be able to forfeit parental rights as well. And in choosing to forfeit said rights should be exempt from child support. I think it's only fair if this decision is made before the birth tho.

This is how it would be in a fair and just world.

But the insinuation I'm getting from the opening post is that women losing the right to abortion in over half the U.S. is ok because Men didn't have the option? If that's the case once again that seems very illogical and emotional to me as it would be more just logical to afford Men additional rights instead of removing women's rights as now not only are men still in the same position of being at risk of being "trapped" paying child support for decades but now women are going to be potentially "trapped" with kids they don't want.

@Houston911 is a good poster and as far as I can tell man so deserves the benefit of the doubt so I don't mean to offend. I also literally just read the op and responded before reading any other comments so I apologize if you already clarified anything I was wrong about in the long ass thread.

Last edited:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This question is asked with the assumption that people upset about the ruling would be upset at one versus the other. Which ironically is non-logical and possibly emotional.

But yeah. Women should be allowed to abort fetuses and Men should be able to forfeit parental rights as well. And in choosing to forfeit said rights should be exempt from child support. I think it's only fair if this decision is made before the birth tho.

This is how it would be in a fair and just world.

But the insinuation I'm getting from the opening post is that women losing the right to abortion in over half the U.S. is ok but Men didn't have the option? If that's the case once again that seems very illogical and emotional to me as it would be more just to afford Men additional rights instead of removing women's rights as now not only are men still in the same position of being at risk of being "trapped" paying child support for decades but now women are going to be potentially "trapped" with kids they don't want.

@Houston911 is a good poster and as far as I can tell man so deserves the benefit of the doubt so I don't mean to offend. I also literally just read the op and responded before reading any other comments so I apologize if you already clarified anything I was wrong about in the long ass thread.

No offense taken.

The insinuation you got was wrong - I don’t think it’s ok that women have lost the right to abort. I am in favor of what you mentioned in your second paragraph - women should be able to abort for whatever reason and men should be able to waive their parental rights and be exempt from child support if they inform the woman early in the pregnancy.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Anyone saying “the man should be able to sign away their rights and not pay child support”

Should also be talking about advocating more tax money go to childhood development.

Fact is, in a society, somebody’s gonna have to foot the bill.

Child support isn’t a “punishment” for men. It’s the government getting some reimbursement for raising the kid.

It’s not an issue of morality or what’s right or wrong or “fair”. It’s an economic issue. GOV. ain’t bout to be raising a bunch of kids for free.

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
No offense taken.

The insinuation you got was wrong - I don’t think it’s ok that women have lost the right to abort. I am in favor of what you mentioned in your second paragraph - women should be able to abort for whatever reason and men should be able to waive their parental rights and be exempt from child support if they inform the woman early in the pregnancy.

In your ideal world, how many waivers would men be allowed? Would it be for every woman he impregnated? Or would it be a one time deal and the rest is on him?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In your ideal world, how many waivers would men be allowed? Would it be for every woman he impregnated? Or would it be a one time deal and the rest is on him?

That’s a good question. Men would get one get out of jail free card waiver.

Women can have unlimited abortions (45 percent are repeat offenders) but since these do come with risks I wouldn’t give men the same freedom with waivers

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
My post were centered on men individually taking care of themselves knowing the the outcome isn’t favorable to them and not relying on a woman to do so. If this thread was a bunch of females bemoaning their situation I would tell them the same.

Self responsibility rules all.
Kinda got to because you have less safety nets as a man.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

Women can have unlimited abortions (45 percent are repeat offenders) but since these do come with risks I wouldn’t give men the same freedom with waivers
This is assuming that men arent actively pushing women to have abortions. We dont have any facts behind any of this to call it a get out of jail free card for women only

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Seems rational but I guess some in the thread just want to have a space to complain about women not being held accountable.
That's being disingenuous the discussion about equality was stared by women. So it would stand to reason that people would wonder about it in all aspects of life. It's not that much of a stretch.

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps

According to the top reason in your chart, seems like those women are having abortions because they already know the support wouldn’t be there and doubles as “jail free cards” for men too.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That's being disingenuous the discussion about equality was stared by women. So it would stand to reason that people would wonder about it in all aspects of life. It's not that much of a stretch.
On this forum?

Just seems like a lot of debate and passion for something that isn’t impacting posters day to day and could easily be avoided or ignored.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is assuming that men arent actively pushing women to have abortions. We dont have any facts behind any of this to call it a get out of jail free card for women only

Not relevant and no one said men don’t also benefit (from a not having to be responsible standpoint) from abortions

We all know that often times men persuade women to abort. “We aren’t ready yet, we need more time to focus on us. I wanna marry you first” and a whole bunch of other lies. Fact remains that women have the final say. If she doesn’t want to deal with a kid, she can abort. If a man doesn’t want to deal with a kid, he has no option other than the “keep your dikk in your pants” which is equivalent to telling women to keep their legs closed