Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
This question is asked with the assumption that people upset about the ruling would be upset at one versus the other. Which ironically is non-logical and possibly emotional.

But yeah. Women should be allowed to abort fetuses and Men should be able to forfeit parental rights as well. And in choosing to forfeit said rights should be exempt from child support. I think it's only fair if this decision is made before the birth tho.

This is how it would be in a fair and just world.

But the insinuation I'm getting from the opening post is that women losing the right to abortion in over half the U.S. is ok but Men didn't have the option? If that's the case once again that seems very illogical and emotional to me as it would be more just to afford Men additional rights instead of removing women's rights as now not only are men still in the same position of being at risk of being "trapped" paying child support for decades but now women are going to be potentially "trapped" with kids they don't want.

@Houston911 is a good poster and as far as I can tell man so deserves the benefit of the doubt so I don't mean to offend. I also literally just read the op and responded before reading any other comments so I apologize if you already clarified anything I was wrong about in the long ass thread.

In abortions, no parent has a financial obligation to the child. Many of you here are in favor of one of the parents being able to opt out of raising a child leaving the other with 100% of the burden and suggesting that this is somehow at parity with a woman aborting the child.

Interesting.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Seems like and is are two different things we have a number of threads here from men who are on child support. So it would seem like it is impacting posters. Maybe you just aren't looking?

Seen very few personal anecdotes in the thread. I don’t keep up with posters life’s to that degree so yeah then I’m supposed to remember then sure.

FWIW a lot of those threads are dated and generally speaking the tone here the last few years are that brehs aren’t in relationships and don’t desire to be so back to the personal responsibility point…….why are you putting yourself in the position knowing it’s unfavorable?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Most of these have appeared on the first page. No need to be passive aggressive.
I’m not. A lot those dates are pre 2020. If all of this is driven by posters in child support situations where they told the women they didn’t want kids and she had an abortion anyway then I stand corrected.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is a tricky, You can't really know that either way. So it's not really a good argument to make.
Well @Houston911 premise is based on the fact that women use abortions because they made a mistake and can’t/don’t want to take care of the child themselves. So it stands to reason that if the men in those situations offered to step up and care for the kid there would be lots less abortions. So while men can’t dictate what a woman does with a pregnancy. Men have a profound influence over that decision.

It’s not fair to portray it as a “get out of jail free card” that only benefits women.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Not relevant and no one said men don’t also benefit (from a not having to be responsible standpoint) from abortions

We all know that often times men persuade women to abort. “We aren’t ready yet, we need more time to focus on us. I wanna marry you first” and a whole bunch of other lies. Fact remains that women have the final say. If she doesn’t want to deal with a kid, she can abort. If a man doesn’t want to deal with a kid, he has no option other than the “keep your dikk in your pants” which is equivalent to telling women to keep their legs closed
It is relevant, you making a large assumption that these women see it as a " get out of jail card." The proper and more sensible view is that we can't assume that all women who has had one looks at them as some cynical get out of jail free card.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Well @Houston911 premise is based on the fact that women use abortions because they made a mistake and can’t/don’t want to take care of the child themselves. So it stands to reason that if the men in those situations offered to step up and care for the kid there would be lots less abortions. So while men can’t dictate what a woman does with a pregnancy. Men have a profound influence over that decision.

It’s not fair to portray it as a “get out of jail free card” that only benefits women.
But men can't make the ultimate decision that's literally the slogan for pro-choice. So at the end of the day a woman had the option to have or not have the child. And in a number of cases women still have children knowing they and the dude that got them pregnant don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. The choice is the issue I think, or lack there of for a man to opt out.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It is relevant, you making a large assumption that these women see it as a " get out of jail card." The proper and more sensible view is that we can't assume that all women who has had one looks at them as some cynical get out of jail free card.
Why would this be more sensible? Humans by nature are selfish.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
In abortions, no parent has a financial obligation to the child. Many of you here are in favor of one of the parents being able to opt out of raising a child leaving the other with 100% of the burden and suggesting that this is somehow at parity with a woman aborting the child.

Interesting.

The other can put the child up for adoption

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Using threads that don’t reflect where the average poster is life stage wise is the point.
That was not at all communicated clearly. A better argument would have been the number of posts about paying child support based on the number of actual posters as a whole.

Also as I understand it child support isn't just paid one time so said posters are more than likely still paying. Again the time wasn't a good metric to use.

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps

Interesting.

^^^This. Right. Here. I think this is why I’m having hard time grasping this thread. Like, I get what‘s being asked but it doesn’t really make sense to me.