Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kind of sucks being forced to have a baby you don't want. Guess women will now know how some men feel.

Logically I think men should be able to opt out if it's it's super early in the pregnacy or the woman fails to notify him she is having his baby. But opting out doesn't have to mean no child support. I think it should be capped at a low number like 200 a month max or something to ensure the kid has the basics they need.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So if you believe a woman shouldn’t be forced to have an abortion in that scenario, what about in cases where she gets pregnant after using contraception and doesn’t want the child but lives in a state where it is now illegal for her to get one? She is being forced to be a mother to a child she wasn’t taking precautions not to have.

Not having the ability to have an abortion doesn’t just impact woman. Now men in these states, who don’t want her to keep the baby just as much as she doesn’t want the baby herself, will be forced to pay child support for a child they don’t want. And the women is forced to be a parent to a child she doesn’t want.

I’m pro choice but I’m a mom, a single mom, so that’s let you know where I stand—I wouldn’t abort a baby.

That being said, if a woman elsewhere aborts a 10 week fetus(The fetus isn’t a baby yet) it has no impact on anyone but her. if she does it multiple times to multiple fetuses, that’s her reproductive system being destroyed—and it has no affect on you, or anyone, just her.

But if she is now forced to carry a fetus she doesn’t want, or can’t afford, when that fetus becomes a baby and then is born to an irresponsible mother, that no longer only affects the mom. It affects what is now a fully formed child. It affects the system who must step in to help take care of the child because of her irresponsibility…

So if she continuously aborts fetuses because she’s irresponsible, isn’t that a better alternative.

In an ideal world, yes they would learn after the first time and exercise responsibility or not get pregnant and need an abortion to begin with… but if someone is so irresponsible that they keep doing it, why do people believe that forcing that irresponsible person to take care of a child they don’t want makes sense. Just let them abort and keep it going. If we’re pro choice then we care about giving them the choice to make, even if it’s a choice we don’t agree with. Some of y’all say you’re pro choice but then you want to examine the conditions of the choice she makes… depending on how often or why she makes it. If it’s about freedom of choice, then who cares why or how, or how often, it’s their choice to make.

It also feels like some of you want to punish the mom for being irresponsible or force her into responsibility, yet y’all don’t see how in the end the child who she is forced to have ends up being punished too?

Hopefully she has the money to travel to a state where it’s legal for her to get an abortion. I do not agree with states taking away a woman’s right to choose, regardless of why she wants to abort

I personally don’t want to punish the mom for being irresponsible. I just think that men should be able to get the same clean slate after making a bad decision. I recognize that men are just as impulsive as women and i don’t expect the average man to make better choices than the average woman.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Kind of sucks being forced to have a baby you don't want. Guess women will now know how some men feel.

Logically I think men should be able to opt out if it's it's super early in the pregnacy or the woman fails to notify him she is having his baby. But opting out doesn't have to mean no child support. I think it should be capped at a low number like 200 a month max or something to ensure the kid has the basics they need.
$200 a month as basics for a child.

This is unserious

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one is bothered by women being able to kill their fetus

The question is why are women given an out for their piss poor decision making and men are not?

This is a very simple and straightforward question

Some Y’all have juelzed into focusing on outliers and straight have bringing up stuff that no one said or implied (like men should be able to force women to get abortions) when the FACT is clear as day and supported by any data you can find - men and women usually want abortions for the same reasons
What makes abortion an “out”? Y’all think abortions are a spa treatment or something? :mjlol:

Children are gifts to be nurtured and loved not punishment for irresponsible behavior.

You nikkas are too old for this immature as mindset.

It doesn’t matter the reason a women wants an abortion. The only reason she gets to decide is becuase she’s the only one who can carry a child. That’s it. All that other shyt is irrelevant. It’s simple biology, it ain’t no conspiracy against men.

Women lose their lives, careers, teeth, brain cells, bodies, hair, happiness, to carry children and give birth and you “playing Xbox in the delivery room” ass nikkas taking about “it’s not faiiiir!! :damn:“. Y’all gotta grow up at some point.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What makes abortion an “out”? Y’all think abortions are a spa treatment or something? :mjlol:

Children are gifts to be nurtured and loved not punishment for irresponsible behavior.

It doesn’t matter the reason a women wants an abortion. The only reason she gets to decide is becuase she’s the only one who can carry a child. That’s it. All that other shyt is irrelevant. It’s simple biology, it ain’t no conspiracy against men.

Women lose their lives, careers, teeth, brain cells, bodies, hair, happiness, to carry children and give birth and you “playing Xbox in the delivery room” ass nikkas taking about “it’s not faiiiir!! :damn:“. Y’all gotta grow up at some point.

What makes abortion an out?

How about the fact that 20 percent of women who had an abortion have already had AT LEAST 2 of them before :russ:

Or maybe the fact that women list finances and not being ready to care for a child as their primary reasons for abortion?

Are you negros serious right now? An abortion is absolutely an out in most cases

92F98312-4404-4923-9A0C-3244A63C7B02.jpeg

Daps
also this whole thing about "men don't have an out" is blatantly false.
many men just dip and no consequences are had, it's much easier to do that when the baby is not coming out of your hole or needing your breastmilk to survive l guess lol
there's 3 million homeless children, and not a corresponding number of parents in jail for failure to pay child support

#factsnotfeelings

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
that's all the way backwards. child support never stopped nikkas from going in raw :pachaha:

but if it didn't exist, women just might have to be halfway decent to the dude they laid down with and respect the concept of fatherhood and family
I'm sure it stops some nikkas

Even if not on the first time, by the third thry might be like aight I gotta chill

Or every suave nikka would have 20 kids

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
many men just dip and no consequences are had
there's a million homeless children, and not a corresponding number of parents in jail for failure to pay child support

#factsnotfeelings

if the mom puts the dude on papers and he has a job then his check will be garnished. There is no way around it

But yes, there are a bum ass men who don’t do shyt for their kids and they’re allowed to get away with it because the other doesn’t file on him, she doesn’t know who he is, or he’s so trifling that he’s willing to straight up not get a job so he will spite himself to spite her and the chick

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
many men just dip and no consequences are had
there's a million homeless children, and not a corresponding number of parents in jail for failure to pay child support

#factsnotfeelings
I see, but to be fair this was question of morality and partially legality, I say legality because in many states you simply have to track the suspected father down.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA

:snoop:I’m out (no pun intended)

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What makes abortion an out?

How about the fact that 20 percent of women who had an abortion have already had AT LEAST 2 of them before :russ:

Or maybe the fact that women list finances and not being ready to care for a child as their primary reasons for abortion?

Are you negros serious right now? An abortion is absolutely an out in most cases

View attachment 32423
You still aren’t telling me what makes it an out?

And again, the reason the woman wants an abortion doesn’t matter. Only she can carry a pregnancy so only she can decide whether to carry to term or not. It’s biology. Are you nikkas braindead.

Men have ZERO involvement in the carrying and birthing of children. So why should they have a say? There is nothing “unfair” about that.

Men get a say in the processes that they have involvement in. You get a say at conception and you get a say in raising the kid. Why should you get a say in the part you have nothing to do with you??