Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Why are people not understanding that @Houston911 is pro-choice?

:what:

He, I, and others are talking about what comes after the birth of the child should she choose to keep it.

This isn't quantum mechanics
Because the issue can largely be avoided so why so much concern?

At its core this is about inequality in perceived irresponsibility. Of course you are going to get push back.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Because the issue can largely be avoided so why so much concern?

At its core this is about inequality in perceived irresponsibility. Of course you are going to get push back.

:russ:

The irony of this post is that If women used birth control, forced men to wear condoms, or took a morning after pill after unprotected sex then 85-90% of abortions would go away

:dead:

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
A woman would never under any circumstances be forced to have an abortion (in this scenario)

Women with multiple abortions are minority, but they are definitely not a small percentage. In 2019 and 2020 55 percent of aborters were first time aborters, the other 45 percent had already done it before.
So if you believe a woman shouldn’t be forced to have an abortion in that scenario, what about in cases where she gets pregnant after using contraception and doesn’t want the child but lives in a state where it is now illegal for her to get one? She is being forced to be a mother to a child she was taking precautions not to have.

Not having the ability to have an abortion doesn’t just impact woman. Now men in these states, who don’t want her to keep the baby just as much as she doesn’t want the baby herself, will be forced to pay child support for a child they don’t want. And the women is forced to be a parent to a child she doesn’t want.

I’m pro choice but I’m a mom, a single mom, so that’s let you know where I stand—I wouldn’t abort a baby.

That being said, if a woman elsewhere aborts a 10 week fetus(The fetus isn’t a baby yet) it has no impact on anyone but her. if she does it multiple times to multiple fetuses, that’s her reproductive system being destroyed—and it has no affect on you, or anyone, just her.

But if she is now forced to carry a fetus she doesn’t want, or can’t afford, when that fetus becomes a baby and then is born to an irresponsible mother, that no longer only affects the mom. It affects what is now a fully formed child. It affects the system who must step in to help take care of the child because of her irresponsibility…

So if she continuously aborts fetuses because she’s irresponsible, isn’t that a better alternative.

In an ideal world, yes they would learn after the first time and exercise responsibility or not get pregnant and need an abortion to begin with… but if someone is so irresponsible that they keep doing it, why do people believe that forcing that irresponsible person to take care of a child they don’t want makes sense. Just let them abort and keep it going. If we’re pro choice then we care about giving them the choice to make, even if it’s a choice we don’t agree with. Some of y’all say you’re pro choice but then you want to examine the conditions of the choice she makes… depending on how often or why she makes it. If it’s about freedom of choice, then who cares why or how, or how often, it’s their choice to make.

It also feels like some of you want to punish the mom for being irresponsible or force her into responsibility, yet y’all don’t see how in the end the child who she is forced to have ends up being punished too?

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Prior to Roe, the man shouldn't have to pay child support.

Post nonconstitutional Roe, the man should probably pay.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Why are people not understanding that @Houston911 is pro-choice?

:what:

He, I, and others are talking about what comes after the birth of the child should she choose to keep it.

This isn't quantum mechanics
I understand clearly. The man loses any agency once he decides to have unprotected sex. It "ain't fair" but it's basic ass biology. As such, it would behoove all brothers here to move accordingly. It is not that difficult. There are no caveats to being pro-choice regardless of how slick OP thought the premise was.

Child-support laws were put in place to protect custodial parents (virtually all women) and children. This was before a time when most women participated in the workforce and most children weren't born out of wedlock. Are the laws outdated? Disproportionally punitive? Draconian? Maybe. There's a far more interesting conversation to have here than "what if bruh-man told shawty he didn't want da baby no more."

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

The irony of this post is that If women used birth control, forced men to wear condoms, or took a morning after pill after unprotected sex then 85-90% of abortions would go away

The irony is that you literally proved my point. This is about you having to be responsible as opposed to her instead of just handling your own business.

I get it now. You want equal paths to not being responsible.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Up until the day before yesterday, if a woman decided (for whatever reason) that she wasn’t ready to bring a child into the world, then she was allowed to hit the restart button.

If a man made a poor choice and got a woman pregnant, he has to pay child support for 18 years even if he lets the woman know that he’s not ready to bring a child into the world and he doesn’t want her to have the baby

Can a LOGICAL and NON EMOTIONAL person who is upset about roe v wade being overturned please explain how one is ok and the other is not? Let’s not focus on the outliers(rape/incest/medical issues) - we are trying to keep it logical.

I’m pro choice, I’m just confused why the only person with a choice AFTER the mistake has been made is the woman

If he felt that way he wouldn't have nutted in her in the first place.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
In states where abortion is allowed? Nope but there should be a timetable as far as the man giving notice of his intentions far in advance. The woman should know his decision and then determine whether or not she will bring the baby to term or not. There should be penalties issued in cases women do not disclose that they’re pregnant to the father by a certain time

In states where abortion is banned. Yeah the man will have to pay child support.

We need to prevent unwanted babies not consented by both parental parties from being brought into the world.

Thingsfallapart

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread blows me. What’s so hard to understand about women being able to make the decision to terminate a pregnancy because they are the only ones who can carry a pregnancy. If men could get pregnant they could decide as well.

It takes both people to conceive a child and both people get equal decision on if a child will be conceived.

It only takes one to carry and birth a child so only one of them gets the say so here.

What’s so hard to understand?

And to think most of the nikkas in this thread are 30+. :snoop:

Daps
A woman decides “I was dumb to let this dude nut in me, I’m not ready for a kid, it would ruin my life. I’m gonna kill this fetus and move on with my life” - this is ok

A man decides “I was dumb to nut in this chick, I’m not ready for a kid, it would ruin my life. If she wants to have the kid I can’t stop her, but I want to completely remove myself from all forms of responsibility and move on with my life” - this is not ok
Gospel :wow:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This thread blows me. What’s so hard to understand about women being able to make the decision to terminate a pregnancy because they are the only ones who can carry a pregnancy. If men could get pregnant they could decide as well.

It takes both people to conceive a child and both people get equal decision on if a child will be conceived.

It only takes one to carry and birth a child so only one of them gets the say so here.

What’s so hard to understand?

And to think most of the nikkas in this thread are 30+. :snoop:

No one is bothered by women being able to kill their fetus

The question is why are women given an out for their piss poor decision making and men are not?

This is a very simple and straightforward question

Some Y’all have juelzed into focusing on outliers and straight have bringing up stuff that no one said or implied (like men should be able to force women to get abortions) when the FACT is clear as day and supported by any data you can find - men and women usually want abortions for the same reasons

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Nah I actually agree with your answer in terms of how men should live their lives because that is the way that the laws are set up. There is no get out of jail free card for irresponsible men like there is for irresponsible women

That’s just not a logical explanation for why a woman can have a fetus vacuumed out of her and move on with her life cuz she’s not ready for a kid but a man is stuck with 18 years of child support if he tells her he isn’t ready at the 3 month pregnancy mark

I got what you were asking. Basically if women can opt out of motherhood, why can’t men opt out of fatherhood. This is why both men and women should take the time getting to know who they are dealing with. But that’s not what happens in a lot (if not most) of these cases since they would be on the same page otherwise. So in that context, the way I see it if she decides to abort, most men would be fine and share in that decision since he would be having a child with a woman he barely knows or cares about. If the woman decides to keep the child, she‘s going to have to prepare to raise the child alone and also cover most of the costs that come along with it. The child support he might or might not be paying isn’t covering even half of the responsibility that comes with actually raising a child. So in a way, he really is evading responsibility regardless of what decision she makes. I personally would never have a child with a man who doesn’t want one because I view it as selfish to everyone involved.