Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
interesting premise where I assume you relinquish responsibility in a child's life? However, what would be the ramifications if a woman withholds information about pregnancy or if you later find out it's your child after birth?

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Goddamn :russ: Ok I'm eleven pages in and pro-choice but so far no more than five people have answered this question correctly and most keep answering what should happen BEFORE the pregnancy not what Houston asked which is after in regards to men paying child support and keep using logic that can apply to women :mjlol:
That's because comparing a woman's right to an abortion with a "man's feelings" is an obvious false equivalence. People are struggling to answer because the logic behind the question is flawed.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I reject the idea that women are trapping men because a woman cannot get pregnant without a man impregnating her. This isn't how traps work.

If a man does not want a baby to be born after he has impregnated a woman then we listen to him complain and offer guidance on how he might begin to prepare himself for fatherhood. Sometimes I'd get in trouble at school when I was a wee lad, I didn't want the school to call my parents but by then the cake was already baked. Perhaps we should begin moving towards an acceptance of the fact that both parties aren't equal in pregnancy.

Traps happen due to trust. You want to wait a few years and she doesn't? All she has to do is stop taking the pill.

Now if nutting in random, that's on you. But any man can get got when he trusts a woman.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
and i know multiple women who had abortions and regretted it. still that doesn't have shyt to do with a father wanting to be absolved of all responsibility. you're conflating these arguments breh

But these women are wanting to be absolved of all responsibility of being a mother :dead:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Answering the OP. It’s always the woman since men don’t carry babies. Which is why the decision making in this particular issue can never be equal (assuming you’re not in a red state). Nothing deep or thought provoking, it’s really that simple.

I’m pro-choice because the maternal mortality in this country is atrocious, especially for black women.

Maternal mortality is not one of the main reasons for abortions though. The reasons women get abortions are for the same reason men want them to abort :dead:

Let’s focus on the norm and not the outliers

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
To be clear

The answer I'm going with for this question:

"Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?"​

is

Yes, because someone needs to assist with the financial burden if the women needs help, and the biological father should carry that burden before the government has to.

Veteran
Daps
People say this all the time but I feel like the majority of men don't want full or split custody. They're fine having them every other weekend.

I went to family court in California and asked for 50/50 custody and got it. The only thing I'm required to pay for is his Healthcare.

Why would you want to be a weekend dad. If you want free time do 1 to 2 weeks. You can establish an actual relationship while still having the odd week to yourself.

I'm suspicious that a lot of men are dumb as shyt. But I could be very wrong

Veteran
Daps
To be clear

The answer I'm going with for this question:

"Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?"​

is

Yes, because someone needs to assist with the financial burden if the women needs help, and the biological father should carry that burden before the government has to.

Why is the woman having a kid she can't afford??

Why doesn't she wait till marriage for kids??

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
interesting premise where I assume you relinquish responsibility in a child's life? However, what would be the ramifications if a woman withholds information about pregnancy or if you later find out it's your child after birth?

Yes you would disown the child, waive all rights and never have contact with them

Men who find out after the fact would still need to pay. This only applies to men letting the woman know in advance that she is gonna be fully on her own and she decides to go through with the pregnancy anyway