Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
The shared risks are not logically equivalent, that is absolutely correct

But the PRIMARY REASON women are having abortions is cuz they made a mistake that they 100 percent could have avoided and they aren’t ready (mentally, financially, emotionally, etc) for a child

Women have more risks, but they’re usually aborting for the same exact reasons men don’t want to have kids. So those extra risks are not relevant in many situations.
Yup, most women are not having abortions for "medical reasons"---they're generally getting them becaue they're financially, socially and emotionally unprepared for it

How some don't understand that that same reasoning can be applied to men too...is simply mind bloggling

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Pregnancy isn't a disease or infection though. Pregnancy isn't inherently a medical issue. Lots of Obstetricians will even tell you that's why they love obstetrics; unlike most other docs, Obstetric patients come to the doctor not because they have a health issue, but because they are just going through a non pathological part of life.
It is a medical condition period.

Decisions on getting preganant, staying pregnant, giving birth, and having an abortion all have great implications on the mothers health.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
The counter argument that you want to use is for men to NOT have personal responsibility though lol.

What I don’t understand is how so many of you dudes want to be men but want to complain about having responsibilities. That’s part of the game. If you wanna be a bytch, just say that proudly.
I know if brehs started to follow through about how men have higher responsibilities and expectations and women don't. It will lead to you same nikkas complaining about why you are treating these women like their children and how they're equal individuals that have the same autonomy that men have.

So, you're just half-stepping and juelzing right now for the upkeep of that fake reality you're in. Where women and men are equal until certain situations that favor or don't favor the woman.

Either be all in or not.

Last edited:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Yes you should. The child is innocent, be a man and take care of the them. Regardless if you made a mistake or have regret.

A woman business is hers, and a man business is his.
Be a man=Be stronger, be smarter, be more responsible.

It’s the quiet part that a lot of folks are scared to say out loud. But it’s the expectation society places on us from an early age.

The whole concept of “provide and protect” is placed on Black boys as the expectation of manhood. Even before a lot of them are ready.

So to answer @Houston911 the real answer to your opening post is that men are looked upon to be the adults in functional society.

If a plane or ship goes down the first instructions are “Women and children first”

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
No lie I had this argument with a male coworker in 2007....and one in 2015....

It went like this...

Me: If a man, legally and verbally says that he does not want a child, should he be allowed to abort his financial responsibility?

Coworker: :patrice:I don't think so, that's not what's best for the child

Me: And abortion is?

Coworker: It's her body, she should be able to do what she wants with it

Me: Ok, but it's his money, shouldn't he have a right of what he wants to do with it and how it'll effect him?

Coworker: That's not the kind of society I want to live in....men should take responsibility for their children

Me:Ok, I agree...but couldn't that same logic be applied to women who are Pro-choice?

Coworker: It's not the same....women should have the choice, men should take responsibility

Me: Ok....

Mind you...i'm not AGAINST abortion...morally I don't support it though...i just see it as one of those necessary evils though...but I also believe that men should be able to legally and fincially absolve themselves from a child similar to a sperm donor...contrary to popular belief, abortion is not a right that only effects women...men have to be involved in the choice (at some point) as well
Men have been programmed good in this feminist society, we all have in last 40 years+. They will fight for it because its their world view, they will defend it even if its not in their best interest, I wouldnt even recommend trying to talk to guys like this because they will fight you for it and wont understand til the system turns them to food, then they bitter as fukk. They dont even know how to stand up for themselves and have their own thoughts.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
A woman can't stop you from nutting inside them if y'all going raw. Whenever you are going bareback you have to realize the risk of pregnancy so strap up. Don't fukk without protection if you aren't okay with having a child with the woman you're smashing.

if a woman is nut in that doesnt want to be nut in and tells the man that then it should be a crime if it is not already

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yup, most women are not having abortions for "medical reasons"---they're generally getting them becaue they're financially, socially and emotionally unprepared for it

How some don't understand that that same reasoning can be applied to men too...is simply mind bloggling
Y’all logic is broken as fukk.

The abortion IS the medical decision/procedure The reason doesn’t matter.

Being pregnant IS a medial condition. Doesn’t matter how you got there.

Carrying and having a baby IS a medical decision that requires a doctors care. Doesn’t matter about anyones opinion on what should/shouldn’t happen to the baby.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Tax payers already play step daddy though lol

True, but imagine the increased tax burden if society did the opposite of incentivizing fathers to fulfill what should be their financial responsibility? I dont know what percentage of single mothers are on welfare, but it wouldn't be a good thing to increase that by eliminating child support.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
his post logically concludes that sex is not consensual and a woman is powerless

Not sure how you arrived there but women and men both have power. The difference as it relates to pregnancy is that the power women have is a function of men surrendering their own in impregnating women.

:francis:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
True, but imagine the increased tax burden if society did the opposite of incentivizing fathers to fulfill what should be their financial responsibility? I dont know what percentage of single mothers are on welfare, but it wouldn't be a good thing to increase that by eliminating child support.

perhaps the GOP next step is to make pre-marital sex illegal

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Doesn’t this same logic go for the woman?
All I’m getting from this is men are held to a higher standard & women should be treated as less than?

To add I actually think more people should come to grips that men & women aren’t equal so stop trying to force the issue.

It just seems like people want their cake & eat it too with respect to how each gender is treated socially

It's totally the same logic, but again the woman is the one bearing the child and therefore will make the best decision for HERSELF whether that means keeping the child or not. People can spin it however they want, but the fact remains that you have to do what's best for YOU in not putting youself in that situation where the final decision isn't your call and out of your hands because that's what happens at the end of the day.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A woman can't stop you from nutting inside them if y'all going raw. Whenever you are going bareback you have to realize the risk of pregnancy so strap up. Don't fukk without protection if you aren't okay with having a child with the woman you're smashing.

Are you implying that women are so stupid and helpless that they wouldn’t go to cvs to get a morning after pill if a man nutted in her and she didn’t want him to?

I find this to be highly offensive and belittling to women

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Not sure how you arrived there but women and men both have power. The difference as it relates to pregnancy is that the power women have is a function of men surrendering their own in impregnating women.

:francis:

again, if a woman doesnt want to be nut in but consents to unprotected sex then that should be a crime if it is implied that women cannot prevent a man to nut in them once sex is commenced

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
I don’t get the point of arguing about the other side when you can easily protect yourself from the situation and make it non-issue. This things reeks of “I wish they would do better to protect me” when it’s entirely in your control.
Am I not a citizen of the United States that is affected by the same laws as everyone else? I’m suppose to just be out here at the mercy of the law? My calendar says 2022 but I guess y’all still in the 50s.

Mann, y’all got it :mjlol: I hear y’all.. there are seldom situations that a Man can get a 2nd chance or way out, and that’s what comes with being one.. but I don’t have this “take it to the chin” approach you guys are pushing.