Should men be forced to pay child support if they let the woman know in advance that they don’t want the child?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
People say this all the time but I feel like the majority of men don't want full or split custody. They're fine having them every other weekend.

I went to family court in California and asked for 50/50 custody and got it. The only thing I'm required to pay for is his Healthcare.

I'm saying that custody rights are more equal than financial support rights

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Of course they should be responsible. If you have a kid you should be held accountable, both sides. Especially because it is SIMPLE AS fukk to not have a child.

Dumb ass dudes need to stop sleeping unprotected with women they don’t trust or couldn’t envision raising a kid with. Laws shouldn’t be there just to protect you from your own poor decision making.

So should dumb ass women be allowed to abort if they’re willingly sleeping unprotected with a man that they couldn’t envision themselves raising a kid with? Should there be a law to protect her from her poor decision making if she does not face any medical risks by carrying to term?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
The part that's truly wild to me is that these are supposedly heterosexual dudes making these arguments.

I expect women to make the pretzel twists because this is all about control and having something over men with them, but these dudes...Are they trolling? :mjtf:
No lie I had this argument with a male coworker in 2007....and one in 2015....

It went like this...

Me: If a man, legally and verbally says that he does not want a child, should he be allowed to abort his financial responsibility?

Coworker: :patrice:I don't think so, that's not what's best for the child

Me: And abortion is?

Coworker: It's her body, she should be able to do what she wants with it

Me: Ok, but it's his money, shouldn't he have a right of what he wants to do with it and how it'll effect him?

Coworker: That's not the kind of society I want to live in....men should take responsibility for their children

Me:Ok, I agree...but couldn't that same logic be applied to women who are Pro-choice?

Coworker: It's not the same....women should have the choice, men should take responsibility

Me: Ok....

Mind you...i'm not AGAINST abortion...morally I don't support it though...i just see it as one of those necessary evils though...but I also believe that men should be able to legally and fincially absolve themselves from a child similar to a sperm donor...contrary to popular belief, abortion is not a right that only effects women...men have to be involved in the choice (at some point) as well

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Thats the mothers job my guy.

Men and women are different.

#imdifferent #newrules
Nope.

d-lo-brown-wwe.gif

You and her created the kid. It's both of your jobs.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't know. I go back and forth on this. Chappelle put it best, if she can legally kill it (in some states after yesterday's news), then men should legally be able to recuse themselves from all financial obligations related to that child if she chooses to keep it. There's a level of hyporisy that comes with "my body my choice" when the man has no say-so in the matter before birth, and no say-so financially afterwards.

At the same time though, lets say hypothetically the law changed tomorrow and men were no longer mandated to pay child support. A whole lot of mothers if not most are going to need assistance. Who is that gonna fall onto? The government. Principally speaking I have an issue with tax dollars being substituted because some men are too irresponsible with who they lay with, and so moralliy deficient that they wont take care of their seed.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
And I agree with it
I think we should offer public assistance, but the biological father should help out if he's living

Without child support, we'd probably have even more men running up in women raw and beingjme:manny:

Does thecoli care about broken Black homes and thr community or not?

I definitely think women should be discerning with their p*ssy, but I think the current system is the best one

that's all the way backwards. child support never stopped nikkas from going in raw :pachaha:

but if it didn't exist, women just might have to be halfway decent to the dude they laid down with and respect the concept of fatherhood and family

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Up until the day before yesterday, if a woman decided (for whatever reason) that she wasn’t ready to bring a child into the world, then she was allowed to hit the restart button.

If a man made a poor choice and got a woman pregnant, he has to pay child support for 18 years even if he lets the woman know that he’s not ready to bring a child into the world and he doesn’t want her to have the baby

Can a LOGICAL and NON EMOTIONAL person who is upset about roe v wade being overturned please explain how one is ok and the other is not? Let’s not focus on the outliers(rape/incest/medical issues) - we are trying to keep it logical.

I’m pro choice, I’m just confused why the only person with a choice AFTER the mistake has been made is the woman
Yes you need to be forced.

Because otherwise you're forcing me, the taxpayer to pay for the child you wanted to murder and that's your responsibility not mine.

Time for men to grow up

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
We know the genders are not equal - but we play along to be polite.

Its like an unspoken thing.
fukk all that polite shyt .. recess is over.

I wholeheartedly agree about personal accountability for men. Condoms, choose better, vetting.. cool 👍 but the Matrix dodging people are doing when it comes to women is:heh:

If we collectively agree women should be treated like 2nd tier children.. again.. cool 👍.. but when you teach young boys and men they shouldn’t uphold and principles of leadership and the burden that’ll rest on their shoulders, you end up with this abomination of men we have now.

#BanBlackBoyJoy

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the general consensus in this thread, online, and irl is that a woman can make a serious decision for both parties w/o you having a say, but her + the government will impede any say you have..

this ruling further emphasizes that:

which is fine.. but society just needs to stop teaching both sexes otherwise.
The counter argument that you want to use is for men to NOT have personal responsibility though lol.

What I don’t understand is how so many of you dudes want to be men but want to complain about having responsibilities. That’s part of the game. If you wanna be a bytch, just say that proudly.