Should African tribes/ethnic groups who sold blacks to the Arabs/Europeans be held accountable?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
The Europeans and Asians were intelligent enough to know that tribalism was counter productive.

I guess the poor Africans still haven't smartened up.

Keep trying to justify primal behavior because "thats the way it was before the Europeans" as if these aren't human beings who should be smart enough to assess and learn from their mistakes.

AAs are way less sectarian and tribalistic than Africans. I live in Atlanta, a place that is more unified than anywhere on the continent of Africa.

Asians and europeans created their own countries and borders. Also don't act like there hasn't been civil ethnic unrest in Europe. Bosnia? Crimea? Asia, as well. Myanmmar? Taiwan?

What primal behavior are you speaking of?

That's cool because Atlanta actually has a higher homicide rate for black people than several capitals of African countries. I feel you though.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Blacker than you.

You can stop mentioning ethnic diversity as an excuse. If Africans aren't intelligent enough to realize that its self-harm to be tribalistic then they deserve everything happening to them, in the past and in the present.

It truly takes a dumb group of people to not realize that you can keep diversity but still work for a unifying goal rather than using diversity as a means for hostility.

Then again, with people like you, I'm sure that continent is doomed.

Truth hurts. You don't sell humans who live close in proximity to you for guns and rum because you're taking a huge loss.

Saying dumb shyt like that makes me think otherwise. What "huge loss" are they taking that any other country that sells/sold slaves didn't take? You're seriously saying the turning point in the global politics that have been playing out in West Africa for 400 years was selling slaves? Dumbest shyt I've read all day

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You're seriously saying the turning point in the global politics that have been playing out in West Africa for 400 years was selling slaves? Dumbest shyt I've read all day

The irony of the utter stupidity of this post :dead:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
"Europeans went at great lengths to get human capital but giving away human capital did not affect Africa" - Coli Hotep

"Tribalism is the way of Africa and you can't expect cognizant human beings to realize the stupidity of tribalism" - Coli idiot

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Literally the repetitive story in European colonialism whether it be Asia, the Americas or Africa is Europeans struggling to survive until the natives help them. The only difference being that Asians and Native Americans were never dumb enough to willingly make such an unfair trade as human capital for guns and rum.......Coli experts who lack basic common sense and historical basis are hilarious :mjlol:

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
"Europeans went at great lengths to get human capital but giving away human capital did not affect Africa" - Coli Hotep

It affected West Africa, yes. Was it a mistake in the sense of being made with no foresight? No, they may have shipped millions of Africans but there were tens of millions more remaining anyway. The real "mistake" if anything was not just killing the European traders from the jump.

"Tribalism is the way of Africa and you can't expect cognizant human beings to realize the stupidity of tribalism" - Coli idiot

The fact that you're making "tribalism" the focus point of your argument says everything about what you know of Africa. Shut the fukk up.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No, they may have shipped millions of Africans but there were tens of millions more remaining anyway.

:dead:

Brain drain and human labor is a significant problem for countries when they loose a few 100,000 in 2015 where the global population is 100x larger than back then but shipping out MILLIONS back then is no big deal? :dead:

Some of you need to be worker bees and fall back from doing any kind of thinking :heh:

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Literally the repetitive story in European colonialism whether it be Asia, the Americas or Africa is Europeans struggling to survive until the natives help them. The only difference being that Asians and Native Americans were never dumb enough to willingly make such an unfair trade as human capital for guns and rum.......Coli experts who lack basic common sense and historical basis are hilarious :mjlol:

Smh. Native Americans were all but wiped out. They were originally sought out as slaves. It failed because they were not strong enough.

Does it make logistical sense to you to transport slaves from southeast asia to the Caribbean and the American south? Again, look at Europe on a map and then look at asia. Does it make sense to establish cash crop colonies that far away when u have a straight shot to the Americas and don't have to maneuver around Africa as u did to get to the southeast asia territories with similar climates?:comeon:

You talk about people not knowing history but demonstrate a severe lack of knowledge.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Brain drain and human labor is a significant problem for countries when they loose a few 100,000 in 2015 where the global population is 100x larger than back then but shipping out MILLIONS back then is no big deal?

"Millions" over the course of 300 years dumb fukk. And yes, it did have a negative effect on West Africa. Trying to say it was the defining moment in West African history that weakened it to be taken over however is willful ignorance.