Should African tribes/ethnic groups who sold blacks to the Arabs/Europeans be held accountable?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
As I stated, no other group of people were even considered with the same scale.

How convenient :russ:

BTW pulling up the coastlines of lands and kidnapping people is nothing new.....a simple read of The Vikings and The Moors will show you that.

The Transatlantic Slave Trade ballooned like it did because Africans allowed them into the interior and for the most part where willing to trade human capital.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Gold and other mineral mining, perhaps? Its not like the Europeans could enslave SW Indians anyways since they were notoriously violent.

The American southwest, huh? the Spanish controlled that territory. It was part of new spain. If you take a look at the map, the Spanish weren't even players in the slave trade.
:mjlol:

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
How convenient :russ:

BTW pulling up the coastlines of lands and kidnapping people is nothing new.....a simple read of The Vikings and The Moors will show you that.

The Transatlantic Slave Trade ballooned like it did because Africans allowed them into the interior and for the most part where willing to trade human capital.

Youre full of it. Youre the same guy that said atlanta has less conflict than anywhere in africa when atlanta has a higher black homicide rate than several african capitals.

Your comment about slaves for the mining of minerals and gold in the southwest proves you really don't know what you're talking about.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Youre full of it. Youre the same guy that said atlanta has less conflict than anywhere in africa when atlanta has a higher black homicide rate than several african capitals.

Your comment about slaves for the mining of minerals and gold in the southwest prove you really don't know what you're talking about.

You're an idiot who can't read and its obvious you dropped out of school :dead:

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
If more than 12 million Africans weren't taken from the continent, it would've made colonization a lot more difficult. Africa's population growth from 1500 to about 1800 was relatively stagnant compared to Asia and Europe (and even after the introduction of new world crops like maize)

It was much more than 12 million when you realize 90% didn't survive the boat ride...
:ohhh:

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Recognize the history, understand it involved people who died centuries ago, move on.

But no, it's the coli. More self pity and excuses. Yippie!

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
The price has already been paid. All participated as we all participate in this wicked system now. Those countries have to send their youth to work or get education in Western countries of the same people who conquered them in their own lands because they sold out their greatest technology - people. Ironically, present day, they depend on foreign investors and engineering firms to build their infrastructure. Shouldn't kick a man when he is down. Karma is a bytch though. :ufdup:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not mad. You're just an idiot and still didn't address the poverty, unemployment, or violence which are on par with 3rd world countries. Look at that graph. There are 3rd world countries with higher life expectancy.. Keep piggybacking off of the handouts from white folks. Gas, water etc aren't shyt black people own. Black people have it because white folks are making a profit. You're dumb bro.

So in your World; African Americans are not the most literate and educated group of Africans anywhere and we don't have our own universities, banks and businesses that we built from scratch on our own? Dumb a$$hole there was segregation in this country so black people weren't even allowed to use the same universities and businesses as the Whites, so in your fukked up mental World we just sat around waiting on White folks? You talking about the white man giving black man electricity, but didn't a black man invent the damn light bulb? You sound like one of those Nigerian nikkas right off the boat that is in awe of the White man's accomplishments, but never knowing the contributions of AAs.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
So in your World; African Americans are not the most literate and educated group of Africans anywhere and we don't have our own universities, banks and businesses that we built from scratch on our own? Dumb a$$hole there was segregation in this country so black people weren't even allowed to use the same universities and businesses as the Whites, so in your fukked up mental World we just sat around waiting on White folks? You talking about the white man giving black man electricity, but didn't a black man invent the damn light bulb? You sound like one of those Nigerian nikkas right off the boat that is in awe of the White man's accomplishments, but never knowing the contributions of AAs.

This whole post is idiocy.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
You can't be this mentally challenged can you?:snoop:

Look, no one is denying what you're saying, but the fact is in most African countries IT IS THE ELITE who not only have most of the wealth and do not distribute it evenly due to corruption. This has nothing to do with GDP... But just plain o'le corruption. Haiti has been independent far longer than any African country and yet it is the elite who control all of the wealth due to corruption.

No... Me and @Poitier brought up "corruption". Corruption=/=GDP. I only brought up GDP per capita to highlight the unfair wealth distribution in some African countries.

And as for your other points, you clearly forgot this part of the article...Which is GDP per capita...
496abd309.png

Now is Russia and China third world countries? Like I said you use "3rd world" in a very broad sense. What type of third world country??? Because "Black America" is definietly not on par with say Zimbabwe.

And also(which you seem to be forgetting), AA population is larger than some African countries(like Ghana), so of course their GDP per capita would be low just like with China and Nigeria. But so you don't think I am flip flopping, again my original point(and still is) was CORRUPTION with African nations.
Most of China is a 3rd world country

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think I dont know that. Im just tired of Aframs such as Poitier who feel theyre automatically better than Africans just because they live in one of the most richest places on Earth. Just like how African Americans were systematically disenfranchised by Jim Crows so that they couldnt create wealth for their communities, Africans were also systematically abused by European imperialists and their African oligarchs who wanted a weak Africa so then then they could take advantage of us and rape our resources. And I should be able to criticize Africans as an African man myself. Africa has its positives but also negatives. Slavery was a blight on the conscience of African empires that built their riches on the slavetrade. We should be able to talk about this instead of pushing this issue aside so then we could feel better at night.​

It is the Africans own fault that they ended up in slavery on the continent. They weakened themselves by the constant warfare to meet the slave trading demands. Then foolishly they didn't see themselves as being potential slave targets of the Europeans; even though the Africans themselves had engaged in selling other Africans into that very trade for centuries. So if the dumb nikkas had not depopulated the place then they could have probably defended themselves.

Btw, how does a fool compare people being hauled away to another land and enslaved to being in your own damn house and being enslaved?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
It would take an idiot to see idiocy and you have that shyt down pat.

You cannot expect to be taken seriously when your facts aren't even together. AAs are not the most educated group. They aren't even the most educated blacks in america. Nigerians are. Check the statistics. This doesn't include the fact that a state in Nigeria also has the highest concentration of degree recipients in the world.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201204090425.html

There aren't universities in African countries? Africans dont have businesses and banks? Why is this relevant? What does this have to do with black America statistically being on par with 3rd world countries? Then you bring up segregation like we all aren't aware of its history. I'm really not sure what you're trying to say.