Should African tribes/ethnic groups who sold blacks to the Arabs/Europeans be held accountable?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
:dead:

Brain drain and human labor is a significant problem for countries when they loose a few 100,000 in 2015 where the global population is 100x larger than back then but shipping out MILLIONS back then is no big deal? :dead:

Some of you need to be worker bees and fall back from doing any kind of thinking :heh:

Were there factories and social services in the 1400 1500 1600 and 1700s that I missed reading about?

:russ:

:deadmanny:

Act like economies operated in the same fashion in 1400-1700 as they do today

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
"Millions" over the course of 300 years dumb fukk. And yes, it did have a negative effect on West Africa. Trying to say it was the defining moment in West African history that weakened it to be taken over however is willful ignorance.

Dude act like this shyt happened in a 30 year span

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Smh. Native Americans were all but wiped out. They were originally sought out as slaves.

It failed because Native Americans were known to be rebellious and non-compliant.

Does it make logistical sense to you to transport slaves from southeast asia to the Caribbean and the American south? Again, look at Europe on a map and then look at asia.

WTF are you talking about....Europeans owned terrorizes in Asia and Africa that would have easily used Asian slave labor had the local rulers gave into that. Just look at the indenture servants that came to Trinidad or the Swahili. It would be that on steroids, if those leaders were complete idiots.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
More over West Africa is the largest economy on the continent and for the most part the most stable.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
"Millions" over the course of 300 years dumb fukk. And yes, it did have a negative effect on West Africa. Trying to say it was the defining moment in West African history that weakened it to be taken over however is willful ignorance.

@MansaMusa breh do you see this silly shyt :russ:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Were there factories and social services in the 1400 1500 1600 and 1700s that I missed reading about?

So people didn't build stuff, come up with new technology, farm or think of new ideologies in that time frame? I really hope you aren't this dumb :what:

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
It failed because Native Americans were known to be rebellious and non-compliant.

WTF are you talking about....Europeans owned terrorizes in Asia and Africa that would have easily used Asian slave labor had the local rulers gave into that. Just look at the indenture servants that came to Trinidad or the Swahili. It would be that on steroids, if those leaders were complete idiots.

No, native Americans were not used because they were WIPED out. Do some reading man.

By 1516 the Spanish census estimated that there were only 12,000 Native Americans in Haiti, down from an estimated 8 million before the Spanish conquest and 3 million in 1496. This population decline was caused by a combination of factors: (1) diseases introduced by the Europeans which proved deadly to the natives, (2) slavery which resulted in both death and deportation, (3) deliberate killing of Indians by the Spanish, and (4) dropping birth rates which are a common reflection of cultural stress.

Lol... again is southeast Asia more accessible to Europe, by sea, than west Africa and the Americas?

ah1_m009.jpg

Let you tell it the europeans could've gone to southeast Asia and accomplished the same efficient transport of human capital and goods.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No, native Americans were not used because they were WIPED out. Do some reading man.

By 1516 the Spanish census estimated that there were only 12,000 Native Americans in Haiti, down from an estimated 8 million before the Spanish conquest and 3 million in 1496. This population decline was caused by a combination of factors: (1) diseases introduced by the Europeans which proved deadly to the natives, (2) slavery which resulted in both death and deportation, (3) deliberate killing of Indians by the Spanish, and (4) dropping birth rates which are a common reflection of cultural stress.

Fam, reading on the Iroquois Confederacy or the Cherokee or any of the Native Americans that were in the American Southwest or Central America.

You seriously can't be this dumb.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Lol... again is southeast Asia more accessible to Europe, by sea, than west Africa and the Americas?

Let you tell it the europeans could've gone to southeast Asia and accomplished the same efficient transport of human capital and goods.

Why are you strawmanning? Are you to dumb to actually address what I wrote?

Who said the slave labor had to be used in the Americas? Are you really that incompetent?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Fam, reading on the Iroquois Confederacy or the Cherokee or any of the Native Americans that were in the American Southwest or Central America.

You seriously can't be this dumb.

What does this even mean? Why would Indians in the American southwest where there was no slavery even be relevant?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Why are you strawmanning? Are you to dumb to actually address what I wrote?

Who said the slave labor had to be used in the Americas? Are you really that incompetent?

I addressed what u wrote. U said Europeans had territories in Asia and couldve used Asian slave labor. I pointed u to a map showing where Asia is, where Africa is, where Europe is and where America is. It was not logistically prudent to use Asian slaves or operate in asia. Look at the map.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
What does this even mean? Why would Indians in the American southwest where there was no slavery even be relevant?

You don't think slavery existed in the American southwest? Tribes definitely enslaved each other but most were very hostile to Europeans they came into contact with:dwillhuh:

I pointed u to a map showing where Asia is, where Africa is, where Europe is and where America is.

You do realize that slavery can be practiced in other places outside of the Americas? Are you failing to see your dumb strawman?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
You don't think slavery existed in the American southwest? Tribes definitely enslaved each other but most were very hostile to Europeans they came into contact with:dwillhuh:

You do realize that slavery can be practiced in other places outside of the Americas? Are you failing to see your dumb strawman?

We are talking about the Atlantic slave trade.

There were no cotton, sugar or tobacco plantations in the American southwest thus there was no need for massive slave labor.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
We are talking about the Atlantic slave trade.

No, I'm talking about the willingness to sell human capital for pennies and why Africans made a mistake that none of the other colonized people did.

There were no cotton, sugar or tobacco plantations in the American southwest thus there was no need for massive slave labor.

Gold and other mineral mining, perhaps? Its not like the Europeans could enslave SW Indians anyways since they were notoriously violent.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
No, I'm talking about the willingness to sell human capital for pennies and why Africans made a mistake that none of the other colonized people did.

Gold and other mineral mining, perhaps? Its not like the Europeans could enslave SW Indians anyways since they were notoriously violent.

Make that argument all you'd like. As I stated, no other group of people were even considered with the same scale. your assessment is highly irrational.