Should African tribes/ethnic groups who sold blacks to the Arabs/Europeans be held accountable?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
What empire? The issue at hand IMO, when Areas of Africa started to hear of what Europeans were trying to pull they should have formed Unions to exterminate these cats just for the purpose of self preservation. The issue at hand is Africa is a huge continent, of diverse people, people were only worried about their own, because the concept of being Black did not exist then, you were only of your Kingdom/ethnic group ( or as they b*stardized it now to be tribe). There are a ton of variables in slavery so it is not cut and dry what so ever, if you have POWs and someone says "Hey I`ll buy them from you", you aren't thinking no Pro Black mess when being black is not even a concept, it would be no diff than selling a Chinese person, you only know this person isn't part of your gang. At the end of the day people could not see the future to know the terrible outcome. Like I said there were a ton of different variables in play and case by case situations, so its tough to make a blanket statement. At the end of the day we are all globally screwed, and the simple looking at the common denominator that black everywhere are screwed and need to do something to change this is the only lesson we need to take action.

Have to disagree.

No other group of people sold human capital for pennies. You don't have to be Pan African to realize an unfair trade.

And the same tribalism and slavery still goes on today so have these people really learned their lesson?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Have to disagree.

No other group of people sold human capital for pennies. You don't have to be Pan African to realize an unfair trade.

And the same tribalism and slavery still goes on today so have these people really learned their lesson?

What tangible result that will build infrastructure are you expecting when you decide what tribe you want to hold accountable for participating in the slave trade?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
What tangible result that can be used to build infrastructure comes from this debate?

Can't "build infrastructure" if you're fighting over ethnic identity and/or engaging in slavery. This is true back then and is true now.

What tangible result that will build infrastructure are you expecting when you decide what tribe you want to hold accountable for participating in the slave trade?

I'm not for "holding anyone accountable."

The discussion of tribalism and human worth obviously is important for progress.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
They are called territories, cataracts, provinces, tributary states and most intelligent tribes would know its a more efficient strategy than ethnic cleansing and selling all that human capital for things that are worth less than 1 percent the value. Another way is to not elect a leader who is going to play into identity politics and only build things for his people, region, tribe when it makes more sense to build other areas where a neighboring tribe you may not like inhabits but some people will condone tribalism now like they do to absolve Africans of slave trade. No one is learning their lesson, it seems.

:mjlol:

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Have to disagree.

You are really dense man. It's astonishing. 'these people.' There are thousands of ethnicities in Africa. Who exactly are u referring to?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You are really dense man. It's astonishing. 'these people.' There are thousands of ethnicities in Africa. Who exactly are u referring to?

You can stop mentioning ethnic diversity as an excuse. If Africans aren't intelligent enough to realize that its self-harm to be tribalistic then they deserve everything happening to them, in the past and in the present.

It truly takes a dumb group of people to not realize that you can keep diversity but still work for a unifying goal rather than using diversity as a means for hostility.

Then again, with people like you, I'm sure that continent is doomed.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
You can stop mentioning ethnic diversity as an excuse. If Africans aren't intelligent enough to realize that its self-harm to be tribalistic then they deserve everything happening to them, in the past and in the present.

It truly takes a dumb group of people to not realize that you can keep diversity but still work for a unifying goal rather than using diversity as a means for hostility.

You're dumb as fukk with your white man's perspective of the world. There were no issues with ethnic diversity until Europeans arrived. Do you not realize that the concept of Africa, it's countries etc are arbitrary lines created by europeans? Of course, 'africans' warred prior to European contact. That is no different than what was occurring in europe or asia but the creation of present day Africa was not of the populous' creation. Borders were drawn with no regard for previous ethnic ties or land customs. Even more, western powers exploited these divisions to maximize their power. The french were notorious for this. Give this one group power and privilege over their enemy, they will do your bidding. Let you tell it though, people should just abandon hundreds of years of history and culture. It is essentially the same system implemented in the us to subjugate and expolit blacks. Wake up man.

It's funny you talk about Africans being too dumb to unify but are AAs unified and practicing group economics? I'll tell your stupid ass one more time. Africans, AAs and all sons and daughters of the diaspora have been shytted on by the system. No one is better off than anyone.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You're dumb as fukk with your white man's perspective of the world. There were no issues with ethnic diversity until Europeans arrived. Do you not realize that the concept of Africa, it's countries etc are arbitrary lines created by europeans? Of course, 'africans' warred prior to European contact. That is no different than what was occurring in europe or asia but the creation of present day Africa was not of the populous' creation.

The Europeans and Asians were intelligent enough to know that tribalism was counter productive.

I guess the poor Africans still haven't smartened up.

Keep trying to justify primal behavior because "thats the way it was before the Europeans" as if these aren't human beings who should be smart enough to assess and learn from their mistakes.

It's funny you talk about Africans being too dumb to unify but are AAs unified and practicing group economics?

AAs are way less sectarian and tribalistic than Africans. I live in Atlanta, a place that is more unified than anywhere on the continent of Africa.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Have to disagree.

Was any other group's home encroached upon for said human capital? You're an idiot if you don't think the slave traders were going to get their capital either way. Planters were seeing 200 percent return on crops in the new world. Sugar, for example, was booming. You're a fool if you think somehow some way the Europeans would not have gotten what they wanted. You seriously think like a white man. It's disgusting.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps

Why are you even speaking on this at all? Have you even been to Africa? Are you even black?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Was any other group's home encroached upon for said human capital? You're an idiot if you don't think the slave traders were going to get their capital either way.

White people were not getting into the interior of Africa or past the coastline without the help of Africans

Shut that silly mess up :mjlol: