Should African tribes/ethnic groups who sold blacks to the Arabs/Europeans be held accountable?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Truth hurts. You don't sell humans who live close in proximity to you for guns and rum.

A very euro centric view of the slave trade. Expected from someone like you. Those coastal Africans who sold interior Africans or their enemies into slavery did not see it as selling their brothers into bondage at that time. I know u think all africans are the same but even in present day nigeria alone you have hundreds upon hundreds of ethnic groups who speak different languages and obey different sets of customs. At the on set of the slave trade these ethnic groups had not encountered any outside interference and literally warred for years against each other. All they knew was me against you. An entity posing as an ally comes essentially giving you an opportunity to completely wipe out your opponents. As a leader what would you do? I've been at war with your tribe. I don't have love for u. No different than the US vs. Al qaeda. It's called tribalism. It still occurs today. The concept of blackness was developed in the new world when africans were thrown together with no regard for their previous affliations and over time language customs etc deteriorated along with the development of system, based on race, of subjugation. Very euro centric view of you have...

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Those coastal Africans who sold interior Africans or their enemies into slavery did not see it as selling their brothers into bondage at that time.

Doesn't matter.

Enemy kingdoms trade knowledge, tech, goods all the time so if you are selling humans from your enemy who lives near you then you are impeding yourself.

When you conquer an opponent, you should gain more than rum and guns, especially for humans.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Yet the GDP per capita in America is much more equally divided in America than most African countries. Lets not sit here and make excuses. Yes the 1% in America country most of the wealth. Yes America is a borderline oligarchy, but still compared to Africa the wealth is much more equally distributed due to less corruption and actual laws.

I'll at least say the corruption with African elites is much more "blatant".

Look dude. You want to bring up GDP? Lmao. I'm going to slay you. Look up the top 15 GDPs in the world and name me one country that hasn't been an autonomous economic entity for at least 100 years. There's one, india and that's due their population. After that nigeria is at 21 and after that there aren't many. The per capita list is even worse with the highest country with less than a hundred years of independence at 34. Sub saharan Africa, at large, didn't receive colonial independence until 50 years ago. I don't and none of us expect black folks here, in the us, to be killing it economically after hundreds of years of oppression and only 50 years of 'real' economic freedom. Why are you holding Africans to a different standard?

Last edited:

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Doesn't matter.

Enemy kingdoms trade knowledge, tech, goods all the time so if you are selling humans from your enemy who lives near you then you are impeding yourself.

When you conquer an opponent, you should gain more than rum and guns, especially for humans.

Gain more? Did you not read my post? You gain more territory, your enemy is gone. You gain PEACE with an enemy you've been at war with for years if he's gone. Stop looking at things from such a euro centric worldview. Some tribes simply had everything to gain if their enemies were weakened and removed from the equation.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You gain more territory, your enemy is gone. You gain PEACE with an enemy you've been at war with for years if he's gone.

Obviously not true. Most empires ruled over conquered land absorb their resources.

Also stop abusing and misusing the word Eurocentric.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
With people as dumb as you, its no wonder the conditions those countries are in.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Look dude. You want to bring up GDP? Lmao. I'm going to slay you. Look up the top 15 GDPs in the world and name me one country that hasn't been an autonomous economic entity for at least 100 years. There's one, india and that's due their population. After that nigeria is at 21 and after that there aren't many. The per capita list is even worse with the highest country with less than a hundred years of independence at 34. Sub saharan Africa, at large, didn't receive colonial independence until 50 years ago. I don't and none of us expect black folks here, in the us, to be killing it economically after hundreds of years of oppression and only 50 years of 'real' economic freedom. Why are you holding Africans to a different standard?
Dude what the hell are you even rambling on about???:what:

And yet you have the nerve to call people idiots, when you're the biggest one in this thread? I find it hilarious and pathetic that you're trying to deflect to another argument. Our argument was wealth distribution of African leaders and FACT is the wealth in African countries is NOT equally distributed compared to in America, and the African Elites(and foreigners) are the ones holding onto most of the money. What the hell does recently being free 50 years or population numbers have to do with what I said? Fact is most African countries have very corrupt leaders. Nigeria(since you mentioned) having some of the most corrupt leaders. GDP per capita just shows the results of the corruption. Good job "slaying" your own argument.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Dude what the hell are you even rambling on about???:what:

And yet you have the nerve to call people idiots, when you're the biggest one in this thread? I find it hilarious and pathetic that you're trying to deflect to another argument. Our argument was wealth distribution of African leaders and FACT is the wealth in African countries is NOT equally distributed compared to in America, and the African Elites(and foreigners) are the ones holding onto most of the money. What the hell does recently being free 50 years or population numbers have to do with what I said? Fact is most African countries have very corrupt leaders. Nigeria(since you mentioned) having some of the most corrupt leaders. GDP per capita just shows the results of the corruption. Good job "slaying" your own argument.

This makes no sense. The point I am making is the expectation that a country with less than 50 years of autonomy would even be close in scale to that with more than 100, 200 in America's case, is absurd. The statistics I pointed to prove such. No different than people who expect black people to 'just work harder' or 'do better' here with no substantive framework for economic success. My comparison has always been between BLACK America and 3rd world countries anyway. You're the one who brought up gdp and America as a whole...you can bring up America as a whole all you want. Fact is the state of black America, statistically, within America isn't much better than some 3rd world countries.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
A very euro centric view of the slave trade. Expected from someone like you. Those coastal Africans who sold interior Africans or their enemies into slavery did not see it as selling their brothers into bondage at that time. I know u think all africans are the same but even in present day nigeria alone you have hundreds upon hundreds of ethnic groups who speak different languages and obey different sets of customs. At the on set of the slave trade these ethnic groups had not encountered any outside interference and literally warred for years against each other. All they knew was me against you. An entity posing as an ally comes essentially giving you an opportunity to completely wipe out your opponents. As a leader what would you do? I've been at war with your tribe. I don't have love for u. No different than the US vs. Al qaeda. It's called tribalism. It still occurs today. The concept of blackness was developed in the new world when africans were thrown together with no regard for their previous affliations and over time language customs etc deteriorated along with the development of system, based on race, of subjugation. Very euro centric view of you have...

thats a big problem .

is their any reasonable resolution for different african tribes to hash shyt out without getting violent? no matter how we slice it, we are never going to last divided .:manny:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AA's GDP is larger than any African country. But that's nothing compared to what we should have seeing as that our labor is responsible for the success of this country. Why in the world aren't there Ghanaian gas stations on every corner in AA hoods? Why haven't Africans made a connection with our money yet? Be a poor country and not take advantage of DNA connection to 1.1 trilly :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
thats a big problem .

is their any reasonable resolution for different african tribes to hash shyt out without getting violent?

They are called territories, cataracts, provinces, tributary states and most intelligent tribes would know its a more efficient strategy than ethnic cleansing and selling all that human capital for things that are worth less than 1 percent the value. Another way is to not elect a leader who is going to play into identity politics and only build things for his people, region, tribe when it makes more sense to build other areas where a neighboring tribe you may not like inhabits but some people will condone tribalism now like they do to absolve Africans of slave trade. No one is learning their lesson, it seems.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats a big problem .

is their any reasonable resolution for different african tribes to hash shyt out without getting violent? no matter how we slice it, we are never going to last divided .:manny:
Every empire/kingdom across the globe engaged in violence at one point

Now the selling of people was bogus.