Should African tribes/ethnic groups who sold blacks to the Arabs/Europeans be held accountable?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No, literacy is the ability to read or write, no matter how remedial.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
No, literacy is the ability to read or write, no matter how remedial.

Look, I brought up 4th grade statistics. If a 4th grader is barely reading or can't read, he isn't up to grade level, right? If he does not improve does he not stand to be illiterate?

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Coming from the guy who said Atlanta has less conflict than anywhere in Africa when the black homicide rate in Atlanta is higher than it is in several African capitals.

Conflict isn't all about violence, it's about health and stability too. An entire neighborhood getting wiped out by a disease in a couple months is conflict as is fighting starvation because a drought killed your income, expectation of stability is what conflict is about. Depending on what African capital you're talking about it's simply not accurate to say Atlanta has more conflict, it may or may not be accurate to say it has more violence.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Conflict isn't all about violence, it's about health and stability too. An entire neighborhood getting wiped out by a disease in a couple months is conflict as is fighting starvation because a drought killed your income, expectation of stability is what conflict is about. Depending on what African capital you're talking about it's simply not accurate to say Atlanta has more conflict, it may or may not be accurate to say it has more violence.

Go back and read his post..he piggybacked that statement about Atlanta having less conflict after discussing tribal violence amongst black Africans. He was referring to violence however your other points are well received

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
literacy rates are based on the ability to read and write in ANY tongue

real life sped :dead:

The dude is just dumb. The nikka don't even understand the basic concept of literacy.

And on top of that the nikka really thinks that Atlanta is more dangerous than Lagos fugging Nigeria.
dead.png

Lagos among world's most dangerous - report

That mofo is crazy.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This shows how provincial you are. Nothing more than a white man's puppet. The literacy rates in Africa are not based on people's native tongues. Most people do not speak English, French or whatever European language their literacy is measured in at home. It's not even the first language most Africans learn. That's like expecting a Spanish speaker to be proficient in German. Those who do speak good English come from the upper crust or simply have a thirst for proficiency. Nice try though

54% of African Americans graduate from high school, compared to more than three quarters of white
and Asian students

– On average, African American twelfth-grade students read at the same level as white
eighth-grade students.

Fact Sheet: Outcomes for Young, Black Men | Tavis Smiley Reports | PBS

Among 4th graders, 53 percent of African American students, 52 percent of Hispanic students, and 48 percent of American Indian students scored below the “Basic” level on the NAEP reading test. Among 8th graders, 44 percent of African American students, 41 percent of Hispanic students, and 37 percent of American Indian students scored below the “Basic” level on the NAEP reading test (NCES, 2009).

Literacy Facts and Stats

Almost 50 percent of black kids in the US can't read up to their grade level but here u are worrying about what goes on in a place you've never been to.

So you are calling me provincial and being the White man's puppet for using his stats to show you that African Americans are the most literate and educated Africans anyhwere, but you are quoting the White man's stats about African Americans educational prowess to show that African Americans are not the most literate and educate Africans?

scust.png

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
The dude is just dumb. The nikka don't even understand the basic concept of literacy.

And on top of that the nikka really thinks that Atlanta is more dangerous than Lagos fugging Nigeria.
dead.png

Lagos among world's most dangerous - report

That mofo is crazy.

Poitier said Atlanta has less conflict (violence) than anywhere in Africa. The statement is not true.

Lagos is one place in africa. I said some African capitals. Learn to read.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
So you are calling me provincial and being the White man's puppet for using his stats to show you that African Americans are the most literate and educated Africans anyhwere, but you are quoting the White man's stats about African Americans educational prowess to show that African Americans are not the most literate and educate Africans?

scust.png

You're provincial because you're acting as if Africa and her populous are monolithic. Classic cac shyt. Has nothing to do with your statistics

Do you have a black man's statistics that I can reference instead?

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Poitier said Atlanta has less conflict (violence) than anywhere in Africa. The statement is not true.

Lagos is one place in africa. I said some African capitals. Learn to read.

Dude as dangerous as you think that America is; it is probably still a lot safer than most people know. I live in Chicago and I hear nothing but horrid news about Chicago, but Chicago is not nearly as dangerous as a place where they still burning witches.
#BBCtrending: The tragic case of Nigeria's 'bird' woman - BBC News
Lagos ‘bird woman’ dies in hospital

nikka please stop. You have a made a fool out of yourself.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're provincial because you're acting as if Africa and her populous are monolithic. Classic cac shyt. Has nothing to do with your statistics

Do you have a black man's statistics that I can reference instead?

You moafukkas betrayed and back stabbed enough people and sold them into slavery. Hell y'all should be rich. On top of that y'all selling gold, oil and diamonds everyday. The question is how the fukk y'all not rich? Some nikkas over there getting paid; how y'all letting them loot y'all like that?

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
Dude as dangerous as you think that America is; it is probably still a lot safer than most people know. I live in Chicago and I hear nothing but horrid news about Chicago, but Chicago is not nearly as dangerous as a place where they still burning witches.
#BBCtrending: The tragic case of Nigeria's 'bird' woman - BBC News
Lagos ‘bird woman’ dies in hospital

nikka please stop. You have a made a fool out of yourself.

Lagos police reported 270 homicides for 2012

32 policemen, 270 others murdered in Lagos - The Nation Nigeria

Chicago reported 532.

Chicago Was Nation's Murder Capital in 2012: FBI

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
You moafukkas betrayed and back stabbed enough people and sold them into slavery. Hell y'all should be rich. On top of that y'all selling gold, oil and diamonds everyday. The question is how the fukk y'all not rich? Some nikkas over there getting paid; how y'all letting them loot y'all like that?

Your mind is that of a cac.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
Truth be told; education in America isn't free either. The school systems are only as good as their real estate tax base, which is why African American schools systems lag. That is why there has been this big push for Charter and private schools in most African American communities.

It's a big problem but the issue of getting a "real" education is in the curriculum. "Regular" classes in your average public school rarely ever ask you to do more than read and regurgitate. The questions asked of "regular" students rarely ever call for more than recollection, let alone recognizing an agenda when its being spoon fed to you. America has always been averse to uppity negroes, it's not about to educate some more en masse.