Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I was just thinking about something unique about this show's universe:

This is maybe the only 'universe' I can think of were just the *knowledge* of the world map is a state secret enough to get you killed.
The fact that Japan is actually a highly advanced civilization is a state secret that the Portuguese would kill to keep from Protestant Europeans, and the fact that Portugal has fortress colony island bases is a secret that they and the Christian regents would kill to keep from the non-Christian daimyos.

I can't think of any other 'similar' show that had anything like that idea. Maybe the idea in "Dune" that only the Fremen know that there a millions of Fremen, as opposed to thousands.

Did he kill himself too? I hate to be racist but I’m having a real hard time telling these characters apart. From what i can tell, that was the lead characters right hand man’s son in law? And that guys son is married to the chick who’s interpreting for him?
I think he did.

Daps
:wow:

Just off the first two episodes I already feel like this is the strongest show out of Tokyo Vice and House Of Ninjas. Had my attention 100%.

Been missing this kind of intrigue. Japanese Ashur Yabushige is already my favorite :dead:

@Neo The Resurrected ONE you watching this?

@hex This deserves a sticky :myman:
I just started peeping House of Ninjas off of you mentioning it.... I am episode 1 but I like it so far. But I'm a sucker for ninja ish and seeing modern interpretations with ninjas is few amd fsr between

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Definitely enjoyed and I can't lie I thought this was going to be 1:1 with history, I didn't realize it was based off the novel.

I can see the inspiration/parallels with history though.

It's pretty much a retelling/twisting of Tokugawa Ieyasu (Toranaga) and William Adams (Anjin) story.
We've got Nioh the show :wow:

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Why do they call english portuguese?

Because they’re “speaking” Portuguese but since this show is aimed at an English audience 90% of the Portuguese is in English.

Otherwise the show would be 99% subtitles with only the English dude speaking English occasionally.

You know an American audience would not be up for that :bryan: