Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Do you often let 8 year olds watch TV MA programs?

8 year old me would have been bored
I don’t even know what it’s about to be honest. Just hear people I trust raving about it and she’s on March break so looking for something to watch. As long as it isn’t too realistically violent or scary she’ll be fine.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I don’t even know what it’s about to be honest. Just hear people I trust raving about it and she’s on March break so looking for something to watch. As long as it isn’t too realistically violent or scary she’ll be fine.
Nah man, it's very realistic. There's nudity, beheadings and all types of shyt. 8 year old is a couple of years removed from Peppa Pig, so in no way should she be watching this.

The Mandalorian might be appropriate, maybe even Andor but it would probably be too boring for a kid. Run through all the Studio Ghibli movies with her if want something to watch.

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So after watching the first 2 episodes and seeing the previews for the later episode's, it does look like we're getting backdoored into a white savior plot.

My suspicion was first peeked with the storm scene. There's simply no reason the Japanese would allow a European pilot to navigate a Japanese ship in Japanese waters. The chill viewer isn't going to care, but I fully understand how that scene feeds into the belief that only Europeans knew how to navigate the seas. It's why you're not taught that European explorers had native, African, and Islamic navigators on their ships.

Why wouldn't the Japanese know how to predict that a storm was coming? Why would the Japanese need to be told how to handle steering in a storm? Why wouldn't the Japanese have their own pilot?

Small details like that are overlooked as plot devices but this is how you smuggle ideas of European superiority.
This is a remake of the 80’s mini series isn’t it. Whatever it is, don’t worry the white man will fix it
p7519_p_v8_aa.jpg

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Nah breh lol. This show isn't for kids AT ALL.