Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Please don't let this be headed into Wheel of Time territory :snoop:

Don’t mention Shogun and Wheel Of Time in the same sentence. EVER. For ANY reason.

The showrunners for that bullshyt of an “adaptation” completely BUTCHERED Robert Jordan’s masterpiece and made some soap opera bullshyt, disgustingly and irrevocably divorced from the source material in a way that should have ANY fan of the original books ready set fire to Amazon Studios production offices.

Shogun was treated with respect to the source material and if they venture beyond the book, I have full confidence that the showrunners and writers will deliver something as beautifully acted, achingly directed, and perfectly paced as season 1 was. This first season was amongst some of the best television i’ve ever seen. To filthy the hard work everyone put it into it by summoning the name of such inferior muck as Wheel Of Time is akin to cinema blasphemy.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Don’t mention Shogun and Wheel Of Time in the same sentence. EVER. For ANY reason.

The showrunners for that bullshyt of an “adaptation” completely BUTCHERED Robert Jordan’s masterpiece and made some soap opera bullshyt, disgustingly and irrevocably divorced from the source material in a way that should have ANY fan of the original books ready set fire to Amazon Studios production offices.

Shogun was treated with respect to the source material and if they venture beyond the book, I have full confidence that the showrunners and writers will deliver something as beautifully acted, achingly directed, and perfectly paced as season 1 was. This first season was amongst some of the best television i’ve ever seen. To filthy the hard work everyone put it into it by summoning the name of such inferior muck as Wheel Of Time is akin to cinema blasphemy.

I know :mindblown:

The thing is, they've already (mostly) done the book material. Unless S02 is flashbacks and filling in the blanks they had to leave with the editing...they'll have to go into imaginary territory.

Why can't we have nice things just this one time :to:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I made the OP and feel pissed as fukk I took so damn long to watch this dope fukking show :damn: :wow: :snoop:

I would've been :dead: weekly joking with the brehs about Yabushige's facial expression and overall demeanor after every single thing that happened to his life plans :laff:

Mariko sama and Fuji sama, holeee sheeeit :noah:

Toranaga da gawd :wow:

The english barbarian being lost like a dog for 10 episodes and literally being treated like a funny pet by Tora was :whew:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

The FX-produced Hulu series had 608 million minutes of viewing time for the week of its finale, April 22-28. That’s a 45 percent jump from the prior week and Shōgun’s highest total in the nine weeks it has made the top 10. Its previous best was 513 million minutes for its premiere week, which featured the debut of two episodes.