Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Why are you only using streaming ratings on a show that is on tv?

Ezekiel, shut yo ho ass up and do some research, nikka :troll:

I used the streaming ratings because the show's primary network is FX on Hulu (streaming), followed by FX (cable) and they're readily available from Nielsen and reported on by the trades. :yeshrug:

But I got you though. Here are the cable ratings:

Keep in mind the first two episodes aired back to back.

Screenshot-20240510-133450.png

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Ezekiel, shut yo ho ass up and do some research, nikka :troll:

I used the streaming ratings because the show's primary network is FX on Hulu (streaming), followed by FX (cable) and they're readily available from Nielsen and reported on by the trades. :yeshrug:

But I got you though. Here are the cable ratings:
It's cool to use only streaming ratings, but to go off about how shytty the show has been going viewershipwise(in your wrong assumption) when cable viewership is also at play.
Biggest premiere in Hulu history (I know "but,but it premiered 2 episodes! :damn: ") and to that I say........so?

It seems this article goes directly against the narrative you trying to paint about poor streaming numbers.
429dff394c377b1a2db901b39e888975.png

Then there is this
During today’s quarterly financial results investor call, Disney CEO Bob Iger revealed that “Shōgun” is “tracking as FX’s most-watched show ever on our streaming platforms”. He also revealed that the show is “driving the second largest number of signups to our streaming services since 2022, behind only Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. This is a great example of how we are successfully reaching wider audiences with our combined linear and streaming ecosystem.”
That is on top of the 500k or so weekly viewers it gets on cable.
That on top of the awards buzz it is getting, the renewal makes sense.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
It's cool to use only streaming ratings, but to go off about how shytty the show has been going viewershipwise(in your wrong assumption) when cable viewership is also at play.
Biggest premiere in Hulu history (I know "but,but it premiered 2 episodes! :damn: ") and to that I say........so?

It seems this article goes directly against the narrative you trying to paint about poor streaming numbers.
429dff394c377b1a2db901b39e888975.png

Then there is this

That is on top of the 500k or so weekly viewers it gets on cable.
That on top of the awards buzz it is getting, the renewal makes sense.

giphy.gif

Curufinwe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Brussel
I finished it. The las episode was 30 longer than required. No season 2 please.
if people want more, read the history of Japan during the Tokugawa shogunate..