Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like this would only work if the 2nd season is a prequel. At least that way they'd be able to bring back some of the known characters and flesh out existing storylines rather than having to come up with brand new ones. That should also give them more time to develop a 3rd season.

The thing is that you could do a series for most of his books. They're that good.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
We'll see if the writers have the ability do keep this quality without the source material. But at the very least they still have Tokugawa's story (the guy Toranaga is based on) so it's not like there's nothing to keep building on. Hell, Tokugawa's shogunate lasted more than 260 years till the Meji restoration so there will be tons of historical fukkery to grab and adapt too.

Let's just hope it can be written and treated as well as season 1. I don't think we need Blackthorne though, at least not as a main character.

Daps
Good writing and storytelling isn’t dependent on characters we’ve already known. It flourishes based on characters we have yet to meet.

I hear you but wasn't the good writing and storytelling based on the book?

Now that they're moving outside of book material, I don't know. We saw how that went with Game of Thrones. :patrice:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like this would only work if the 2nd season is a prequel. At least that way they'd be able to bring back some of the known characters and flesh out existing storylines rather than having to come up with brand new ones. That should also give them more time to develop a 3rd season.

The thing is that you could do a series for most of his books. They're that good.

This is an interesting and worthwhile idea. They should do this. Because Mariko and Yabushige are MVP level characters, we need at least one more season with them. And then you can wrap up the series in season 3 without them.

Kind of like SPARACTUS: GODS OF THE ARENA. They realized they had gold in Batiatus, and milked him for one more season.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is an interesting and worthwhile idea. They should do this. Because Mariko and Yabushige are MVP level characters, we need at least one more season with them. And then you can wrap up the series in season 3 without them.

Kind of like SPARACTUS: GODS OF THE ARENA. They realized they had gold in Batiatus, and milked him for one more season.

I'm sure this is what they'll do. If they try to come up with new stories from scratch they run the risk of fukking it up.

With a prequel they get to keep many of the same actors. And think about all of the other story lines. You get a full treatment of the Taiko's story, Mariko's father killing Goroda, her marriage to Buntaro, Toranaga's early life, lady ochiba, how the Portugese first came to Japan and managed to gain influence.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Still making my way thru the last few Eps slowly but surely, but damn; the Seppuku my G Toranaga had ole breh commit :picard:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Not quite. John Hannah asked for it. He enjoyed the role so much he told DeKnight he'd like to stick around in any way. His "return" was supposed to be a flashback episode in Vengeance but Andy Whitfield's illness halted S2 production which gave DeKnight the idea to produce Gods of The Arena instead.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
E9: Crimson Sky

"Please kill him".

Mariko :picard:

Mariko :noah:

Mariko :mjcry:

Shout out to my queen :wow:

My nicca Toranaga still playin' 4D chess but he may have too much on the board.

Throw this mf Yabushige in the bushes already :camby:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Is it just me , or did Toranaga's son completely jump out the window with that
cannon stunt

?