Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Is it just me, or does episode 10 not have any subtitles?
Did you accidentally click on the "dubbed" version in Hulu?
Also: Anjin-san was definitely a pirate right?

pirates want lawlessness.

He’s actively trying to favor one countries‘ control over the seas.

He was a "privateer"...but his journal showed that he was mass murdering villagers in the Philippines.

So, the Spanish, Portuguese, and native Filipinos would DEFINITELY consider him a pirate...and so would their Japanese allies.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

kornholio

Rookie
Daps
He was in the first 3 MCU Thor movies (his character gets killed in Thor: Ragnarok by Hela, lol).

I need to see him in more big-time roles. He's a good actor.
Warriors Three's Role in Thor: Ragnarok Explained

:ohhh:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
He was a "privateer"...but his journal showed that he was mass murdering villagers in the Philippines.

So, the Spanish, Portuguese, and native Filipinos would DEFINITELY consider him a pirate...and so would their Japanese allies.
Check the history of how the Portuguese/Spanish got control of those island. Mass murder is involved

He was working for the Dutch and the Dutch were at war at with the Portuguese.

Spain and Portugal colonized the Phillipines . Isn’t that piracy? Those weren’t European lands and water to use and profit from.

Why do you think so many Filipinos and such have Latin like last names? The Portuguese/Catholic church were dominant in the area.

Blackthorne fighting a Dutch war isn’t piracy.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Check the history of how the Portuguese/Spanish got control of those island. Mass murder is involved

He was working for the Dutch and the Dutch were at war at with the Portuguese.

Spain and Portugal colonized the Phillipines . Isn’t that piracy? Those weren’t European lands and water to use and profit from.

Why do you think so many Filipinos and such have Latin like last names? The Portuguese/Catholic church were dominant in the area.

Blackthorne fighting a Dutch war isn’t piracy.
My point wasn't that they were good...it was that from the Japanese point of view he would be considered a pirate, since the Portuguese are officially their allies.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
My point wasn't that they were good...it was that from the Japanese point of view he would be considered a pirate, since the Portuguese are officially their allies.
I wasn’t making a determination of good or bad.

I’m saying murder, stealing, and fighting don’t a pirate make. Everyone was doing it. It’s a trade war. Emphasis on war.

The only thing that separates a pirate, privateering, and an official military navy are those differences in things like papers. Attacking a vessel without could get you executed.

From the churches perspective the Japanese are idiot savages to be converted ( not alies really) and from the Japanese view they are barbarians. That’s not what either were.