Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
So what was the deal with the flash forward?

Anointing made it back to England and had descendants???

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So what was the deal with the flash forward?

Anointing made it back to England and had descendants???
The flash forward was Anjin hallucinating a different life where he makes it back home. He never makes it back. If you noticed in the flash forward, he is holding Mariko's cross necklace. That's impossible because we see he dropped it in the ocean with Fuji.
Then why was the ship manifest that was so damning?
The manifast showed 1. What country he was really with and 2. All the shyt they put the christians through.
With the manifest was also the ships "true" banner/rudder or w/e belonging to england. If you remember when Anjin and his crew are first caught they use the fake rudder/banner to act like they were went some other country. They dont want the portuguese to know they are from england because everyone with the portugese will try to get them killed because the portugese told the japanese they are the only flag in Europe (for trading purposes). That's why when Anjin was first brought before Toranaga, he didnt want that first priest to translate for him because he was portugese. He was right because the preist did try to get him killed.

Remember that other pilot said you saved my life, but I found all this shyt and I got to tell the portugese about you.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The flash forward was Anjin hallucinating a different life where he makes it back home. He never makes it back. If you noticed in the flash forward, he is holding Mariko's cross necklace. That's impossible because we see he dropped it in the ocean with Fuji.

The manifast showed 1. What country he was really with and 2. All the shyt they put the christians through.
With the manifest was also the ships "true" banner/rudder or w/e belonging to england. If you remember when Anjin and his crew are first caught they use the fake rudder/banner to act like they were went some other country. They dont want the portuguese to know they are from england because everyone with the portugese will try to get them killed because the portugese told the japanese they are the only flag in Europe (for trading purposes). That's why when Anjin was first brought before Toranaga, he didnt want that first priest to translate for him because he was portugese. He was right because the preist did try to get him killed.

Remember that other pilot said you saved my life, but I found all this shyt and I got to tell the portugese about you.

Ahhhh

Got it

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Didn't care much for the finale. But also feel the show was overrated in general. It was 90% political strategy. Which is cool if you're into that. But felt like it dragged too much. Especially the finale. Wanted more than just yea breh. shyt is already done. I'm gonna win. Peace.

It has some great dialogue. Some great cinematography. But overall kind felt like they ran out of Budget or some shyt. That look into the future where ishido had to back down had some horrible cgi. Just felt like they missed the mark on many aspects. Even marikos death felt anti climactic. Her relationship with anjin felt forced. Just don't think 10 episodes was enough for this story. I didn't really feel any connection to these characters at all. Great acting. Good writing. But overall this could have been so much better. I give it an 8/10 overall.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching the episode now and when Troy Hardy was sitting on the porch and looked over to where Mariko usually sits and sees it empty, that hit me:mjcry:

You saw how desperate Anjin was for connection once Mariko was dead. He practically begged Fuji to stay. She was like my prison sentence with you is over, Anjin :ufdup:

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Toranaga: I keep the Anjin around cause he makes me laugh :manny: I never needed that fool.

Where's all them coli brehs that were complaining about the white savior 30 pages back?

We tried to tell yall fools to just trust the process :banderas:
Yeah Anjin was always just a distraction and at most a pawn in this story.

Although in the show he gave off more savior vibes than in the book but I think that was simply because it had to be compressed into 10 episodes. I tried my best not to be the 'book guy' in this thread because they were the most fukking annoying people in GoT threads :scust:

But in the book Mariko doesn't get introduced until 25% into the book so Anjin spends much of that time getting shytted on and then rest of the book realizing how far England is behind Japan. While remaining oblivious the whole time to the game Toranaga was running to become the Shogun.

I know that the show and book are more about strategy, but I don't care. There should have been a battle.

Also, it's my opinion; you or anyone else don't have to agree :manny:
I understand where you're coming from, I was fukking heated when Rome didn't show their battle :bryan: But as you say this was a different show and battle would've felt out of place. Also judging from that future imaginary scene the battle CGI looked Larrybox Series S status :mjlol: So I'm glad they didn't attempt to film an actual large scale battle.

Last edited:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Yeah, once the heir removes his banner the other regents would stand down, go home, etc
they would look at Ishido going head up with Toronaga and hit the :hubie:

Of course, after Toronaga puts Ishido's head on a spike the other regents would quickly submit to the gawd
Historically, Toronaga (Ieyasu) was still outnumbered at Sekigahara, even with some of the Regents being neutral. When 1 of the Regents decided to turn on Ishido (Mitsunari) and side with Ieyasu during the battle, it was a wrap.

Would’ve loved to see it play out, but this was still a beautiful finale. Near perfect series.