Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Yabu was probably my favorite character in the series. I swear Frank Reynolds popped in my head when he said to leave his body to the dogs :dead:

artworks-000220195919-g13gml-t500x500.jpg

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I didn't like the finale as much as most of you did. It had some good moments and quotes, per usual, but overall, I was personally left underwhelmed.

I really thought there would be some grand battle or fight in this episode, but there was...nothing. *sigh* It is what it is :francis:

Daps
I didn't like the finale as much as most of you did. It had some good moments and quotes, per usual, but overall, I was personally left underwhelmed.

I really thought there would be some grand battle or fight in this episode, but there was...nothing. *sigh* It is what it is :francis:

This show is about strategy, not battles. What would we have gotten out of seeing a clash between the armies? It would have been trash like the last couple of seasons of GOT.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
This show is about strategy, not battles. What would we have gotten out of seeing a clash between the armies? It would have been trash like the last couple of seasons of GOT.
I know that the show and book are more about strategy, but I don't care. There should have been a battle.

Also, it's my opinion; you or anyone else don't have to agree :manny:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Another reason why I was underwhelmed is because the ads for the show BEFORE it came out made it seem like the show would be more action-based and have more battle scenes.

Also, many posters and wallpapers for the show feature Toranaga in full samurai armor, wielding a katana, and yet the ONLY time he fully suited up was in a brief imaginary scene in the finale with no fighting taking place. C'mon man :mjlol:

Walter H White

All Star
Daps
Yabushige went out with some dignity at least

Torunaga the gah played grandmaster level chess and sacrificed a lot of his pieces to win the game. Wonder if the heir even lives to a full age with Torunaga successfully consolidating all power under him. Ishido was right to try to off him .