Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Daps
"Strong rule the weak, but the wise rule the strong
It's more to a war than just getting it on"

Toronaga a QB nikka, took a inspirational quite from Lakey The Kid & ran with it :wow:

Used Mariko to take Ochiba battery out of Ishido back & that was how his story ended.

Lake :banderas:

Conceal your form, cover your tracks
Stay prepared, I don't care if no one's spared.

Daps
Very fitting finale, considering the previous 9 episodes that came before it. Thought this episode was one of Cosmo Jarvis' best and makes sense considering how far the character came. Some more thoughts

Even in absence, Mariko's presence loomed large this episode, for pretty much every character.

Favorite scenes were the Yabushige/Toranaga convo and the Blackthorne/Fuji boat convo. Funny how Toranaga said he was keeping Blackthorne alive because he was funny, with how stoic Toranaga appears.

Blackthorne trying to step up for the village, reminded me of the guy who did the same for the pheasant incident.

Breh, Toranaga was stoic but we been in this thread the entire show laughing about how hilarious the Anjin's tirades was.

You thought we was the only ones finding it funny?

On the outside Toranaga was :unimpressed:

But on the inside he was,

200w.gif

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hopefully Anjin wifed up Fuji's cute ass before she could become a nun.

Seeing how he died still fiending for his PAAG, I guess not.

One thing was, he dropped the crucifix in the water, but seemed like he still had it when he was old.

I would die the same way, clutching that rosary:sadcam:

This is like the opposite of the last samurai. Cac made no difference as to the outcome of this story, he was just a useless pawn like everyone else. Ended up being the Moon Boy of the story instead of the Jon snow

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spoiler episode 10

I really liked the ending. Most of all, how they acknowledged Toranaga basically being the same power-hungry ruler as everyone else (East or West). Toranaga was the chess master :wow:. He used Mariko to break up the power Ishido had concentrated and got Ochiba to pull the rug out from under Ishido.

He also had the ship destroyed and will destroy the ship that Anjin rebuilds, partly for his amusement, partly to give Anjin purpose and in line.

I gave it a 9 out of 10 ending. I wish this is a season 1 so we would have gotten more seasons out of this show but it's the limited series. :mjcry:

Fuji is finest and cutie pie so I wanna pipe her. Fuji>>>> all the girls on this show.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully Anjin wifed up Fuji's cute ass before she could become a nun.

Seeing how he died still fiending for his PAAG, I guess not.

One thing was, he dropped the crucifix in the water, but seemed like he still had it when he was old.

I think Blackthorne hallucinating a return to England that never was to be for him so it was just his imagination breh

Daps
I would die the same way, clutching that rosary:sadcam:

This is like the opposite of the last samurai. Cac made no difference as to the outcome of this story, he was just a useless pawn like everyone else. Ended up being the Moon Boy of the story instead of the Jon snow

I love the swerve, I bet you the cacs on reddit are losing it :banderas: