Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Only on TV can a white dude who was basically a glorified pirate with no real battle experience on land fail upwards to the point where is essentially a paid tactician who has two attractive Japanese women squirting at his very presence.

The quality of the acting acting especially of the Japanese actors (though white albeit a little hammy is no slouch) an the beauty of the cinematography is keeping me in.

Daps
That's YOU....the novelty of the show is that it's authentic enough with the Japanese, but as a
English speaker you are in on the journey of the Anjin and relate to some of the circumstance he is experiencing.

It also helps with the flow and how the characters are interacting with each other

Europeans want to see other Europeans on their TV, I can't be mad at you for feeling the way you do :manny:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
That's YOU....the novelty of the show is that it's authentic enough with the Japanese, but as a
English speaker you are in on the journey of the Anjin and relate to some of the circumstance he is experiencing.

It also helps with the flow and how the characters are interacting with each other
I don't relate whatsoever to John Nobathsthorne:childplease:

Also, what you're saying isn't true. Squid Game was literally one of the most popular TV shows of the last few years in the United States (and the world), and that was a South Korean show that most people watched subtitled.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Yabushige be killing me with his facial expressions :mjlol:
Yep, his expressions are pure comedy :russ:

I recognize the actor who plays him (Tadanobu Asano) because he's in the first 3 Thor movies. It's cool to see him in this role

Tobias Hardy was in a good ass mood after 1 night with Maiko.
I mean, who wouldn't be? I sure would :obama:

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
Will Toronaga have his son commit that after fukking up his carefully laid plans and setting off the war earlier than Toronaga wanted?
:lupe:

Jr most definitely messed up his Pop's plans, and now Toranaga will be forced to expedite them even further. He knew the war was coming; the Regents would discover his disappearance eventually, as he figured it, and thought laying low would ideally buy him enough time to assemble his army and forge alliances in preparation.

But between that falling apart and this, I think the next episode will have Toranaga reprimanding his son for his recklessness, even though Nagakado would have justified that the messengers would have let Ishido know about Toranaga's army cannon training if they returned to Osaka. Shyt, if Toranaga had his way here, he would've cleverly aimed to portray the display as feeble and inept, thus leading him to hit Ishido's forces with the :ufdup: when they underestimate his army's proficiency.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Yabushige be killing me with his facial expressions :mjlol:

:why:
9a59bdbe-f38b-4622-86dd-62e07608e174.gif

:dwillhuh: ➡️ :leon:
338aac61-3dcb-4430-b847-5e0f627fadd4.gif

:lupe: ➡️ :gladbron:
6e650db0-8449-4b6c-9127-79b195f35d35.gif

From bewildered to elated, this man gives you the full range of emotions. There's nothing that Yabu can't do :wow:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Don't know if anyone else listens to the Watch podcast, but Andy had me :mjlol:with his Blackthorne impression.