Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Thats more due to the fact that Mariko and Blackthorne have spent more time together during this part of the series. Mariko can also speak English so there’s no language barrier
That makes sense, she also spent time with Portuguese so she's more used to westerners. And William Adams who Anjin is based on married a Japanese woman and had children.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Will Toronaga have his son commit that after fukking up his carefully laid plans and setting off the war earlier than Toronaga wanted?
:lupe:

The son ain’t committing no damn Seppuku he obviously playing by different rules lol.

He KNOWS what he did was an act of war. He might not understand the wider consequences but buddy wants that action.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This really is just last Samurai with nice visuals. Hollywood pulled the okie doke on yall again :russ:

How is it a Okie doke when you have to have a person speaking English to make it a successful show.

Nobody watching a show with all Japanese using subtitles

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
How is it a Okie doke when you have to have a person speaking English to make it a successful show.

Shiiiitttt I would.

If Shogun was just Japanese Game Of Thrones with no white people i’d watch the shyt out of it.

As it is its an excellent show but its already been proven multiple times that white saviors/heroes are NOT needed to make successful television/movie franchises

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Shiiiitttt I would.

If Shogun was just Japanese Game Of Thrones with no white people i’d watch the shyt out of it.

As it is its an excellent show but its already been proven multiple times that white saviors/heroes are NOT needed to make successful television/movie franchises

That's YOU....the novelty of the show is that it's authentic enough with the Japanese, but as a
English speaker you are in on the journey of the Anjin and relate to some of the circumstance he is experiencing.

It also helps with the flow and how the characters are interacting with each other

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Says who? This is the line of thinking that leads to them always putting some cac in someshyt. Have they ever given an honest shot to one of these foreign joints. Stupid ass niccas can't read which means I can never get some hollywood produced piff if it don't got some cac in it to make it "accessible".

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
pi10q1u10onc1.jpeg

:skip:
They want a Yasuke live action show so badly lol Ironically, Chadwick Boseman was prepping to portray him....

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
nikkas crying in the Dune 2 thread about white savior
nikka this show beats the fukk out that movie with the bullshyt :russ:
He got both these hoes open in one gotdamn episode :bryan:
This shyt is trash B
I finally thought it would just be Japrehs fighting amongst each other
Nah, this shyt based off a book and old tv show
I should’ve known:mjlol:
White boys in Hollywood eating this shyt up
I’ll finish it just because I started it but fam:dead:
It jumped shark fast. You can tell this is an Asian-White love story.....I can't believe this shyt....but when I said it's a white jesus loving TV show so dude decided to make a mockery out of my post.

I swear the lot of these negroes got horrible taste in shows. I'm no longer watching this shyt. :unimpressed:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Previews I've seen for this make it seem like it's going into that game of thrones lane.