Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FX started so strong with the first 2 episodes, but the last 2 episodes have been underwhelming (in my opinion).

We all knew that Mariko was going to give up the goods to Off-Brand Tom Hardy :zzz:

Between episodes 3 & 4, the only really interesting thing that happened was the final 2-3 minutes of episode 4, with Toranaga's son blowing Ishido's boys to bits. That was gruesome.
:dead:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m tired of shows where the main protagonist is incredibly unlikeable. The Barbarian is the worst part of this show. There’s not redeeming quality narratively the character possesses. I keep hoping he dies, but I know it’s not going to happen.

I agree, I know Blackthorne is a central character but I don't like him or his scenes, the other characters are much more engaging to me

Daps
I'm still cracking up at how Yabushige hit the

vOQ.gif

when they told him that Toranado ain't a member of the council no more :pachaha:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Done 3 episodes of this.

First tv show to have me :ohlawd: since succession.

Samurai era swag is unmatched, word to Ogami and Daigoro

The translator's husband's final scene was :whoo:. But I reckon he'll come back as they didn't shown his death.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
you know what, i felt bad for asian nikkas at first cuz it's another white boy comes into a samurai story and fukks the hottest asian bytches, but i went on that weird ass subreddit they have to see what they thought and they've somehow still found a way to get mad at black people.

So nah fukk you hiro, im watching this shyt TONIGHT. :pacspit: :pacspit: :pacspit: may y'all never stopped getting cucked in media

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
for sone reason I was thinking that whatever mariko read in the white dude journal gad something to do woth her family dying and she is stringing him along for revenge

the scene by the natural pool and that conversation is like everything is not what it seems

Not her family, but she is a Catholic and the journals show that Blackthorne and his crew have been mass murdering Catholics in the Phillipines.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Y'all act like we don't see Asians with white guys on a daily basis irl
We're talking about 1600s Japan.

You can see the inconsistency in the show when you compare the way Fuji and Mariko are behaving towards Anjin. Fuji was like "I can accept the unnecessary death of my husband and my baby but asking me to fukk Seth Rogen is a step too far :damn: "

Meanwhile he's got Mariko wide open like a lab monkey.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
We're talking about 1600s Japan.

You can see the inconsistency in the show when you compare the way Fuji and Mariko are behaving towards Anjin. Fuji was like "I can accept the unnecessary death of my husband and my baby but asking me to fukk Seth Rogen is a step too far :damn: "

Meanwhile he's got Mariko wide open like a lab monkey.

Thats more due to the fact that Mariko and Blackthorne have spent more time together during this part of the series. Mariko can also speak English so there’s no language barrier