Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I was looking around on the Wikipedia page for the real-life Tokugawa, and a reference to New Spain put me into a little bit of a wikipedia link rabbit hole.
Anyway, after reading some links I'm picking up on what might be a pretty big historical inaccuracy that would throw off the shows plot.

Apparently, in 1583 (almost 20 years before the show is set), Japanese ambassadors had already gone on a major multi-country tour of Europe:

Tenshō embassy - Wikipedia

It's pretty important to the plot that the Japanese leadership thinks that "Portugal = Europe", but apparently in real life that was not the case at all.
Of course, for THE SHOW it doesn't matter all that much, since its a TV show and not an actual history lesson.

Basically, James Clavell needed to come up with a plot point to make Blackthorne more important than he would have been in real life :yeshrug:

The show is based on a book that itself was historical fiction.

Its not meant to be 100% accurate to the time period

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Cuh son on that tryna make a name for himself type shyt. Whole time, watch pops light his ass up.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
The show is based on a book that itself was historical fiction.

Its not meant to be 100% accurate to the time period
yeah. i never watched the OG shogun, that shyt was before that time, but i always thought it was some historical fiction type thing.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
x_p1supmghot-02_y%20(2).jpg

:banderas:

Edit:This cracka really bossing up on everybody
And the way they portraying Japrehs vs Him
Ones the savage with a heart while the others are staunch in tradition, women oppressors

giphy.gif

And this what y’all call good writing
Ain’t no fukkin way boy :bryan:

Last edited: