pi10q1u10onc1.jpeg

:skip:
Didnt read the article but Yasuke died before this story takes place
So technically there was a black samurai
full

Mr. Riddim

All Star
Daps
Mariko being able to read the journal doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it be written in english?

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tadanobu Asano's charisma is really making Yabushige as a character. Breh is killing me with his expressions and mannerisms. :mjlol:

Hope he survives this onslaught of bullshyt Toranaga has brought upon him :sadcam:

Funniest guy in the show. Toranaga said he resigned and breh turned around and said "ah, you killed us all. my apologies, i should allow you the opportunity to commit seppuku, i'll get the knife right away":laff:

ALTRUISM

"My enemy is a notion, not a nation."
Daps
Funniest guy in the show. Toranaga said he resigned and breh turned around and said "ah, you killed us all. my apologies, i should allow you the opportunity to commit seppuku, i'll get the knife right away":laff:

The way he tried to :whoa: his way out of the situation with Ishido like a nikka caught cheating on his girl, knowing damn well he willingly left with Toranaga anyway even after realizing the ruse. :russ:

Even tried to butter Jozen up with that "aye, you know we been boys for a hot minute, right? Imma need a favor. :mjgrin: "

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Mariko being able to read the journal doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it be written in english?

She can read and write english. She’s been taught by the Portuguese Jesuit Priest the last 12 years

No and no. It's one of the things that's been overly simplified in the transition from the book. It's very involved and there are many moving pieces and factions, but the short version is that Mariko - being educated by Jesuit missionaries - would never have been taught English, Spanish nor Dutch...all languages of Portuguese enemies at the time. She knows Portuguese and Latin. Blackthorne is an English pilot working with Dutch allies on a Dutch built/owned ship. The rutters(journals) would have been recorded in Dutch. It's all glossed over for the sake of the show.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well damn I did not expect that level of gore :leon:

Young buck got played and has now started a war :francis:

Last edited: