Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Legit woulda prefer this if they didn't go the typical route of white man love interest.

Bontaru could have been a loving husband and father and I don't think it would have changed much. I get it, the characterization of a honor/duty bound samurai - they've been hammering how embracing of fate, duty and death these guys are. But come on man. It's like motherfukkers can't resist having cacs as the be all end all for these women

a day or so after the guy showed dismay at the notion of showering twice in one week, a few hours after the death of her child's father - they got her all open for the cac. crazy :hubie:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Legit woulda prefer this if they didn't go the typical route of white man love interest.

Bontaru could have been a loving husband and father and I don't think it would have changed much. I get it, the characterization of a honor/duty bound samurai - they've been hammering how embracing of fate, duty and death these guys are. But come on man. It's like motherfukkers can't resist having cacs as the be all end all for these women

a day or so after the guy showed dismay at the notion of showering twice in one week, a few hours after the death of her child's father - they got her all open for the cac. crazy :hubie:
Yeah I'm out. Ya'll enjoy this :hubie:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

:yeshrug: The story is the story. In the book,
apparently the husband was much more fleshed out and is shown to be even more of a badass. I guess they killed him early to fast track the romance storyline.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
apparently the husband was much more fleshed out and is shown to be even more of a badass. I guess they killed him early to fast track the romance storyline.
I don't think he is dead. They are using that stupid trope that we don't see his death. He's gonna come back and she is gonna be in love with the cac. It's gonna cause problems , watch.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
I don't think he is dead. They are using that stupid trope that we don't see his death. He's gonna come back and she is gonna be in love with the cac. It's gonna cause problems , watch.
Heavy spoiler below.

He gets captured in the novel on the pier after Toranaga orders him not to commit seppuku (which I thought he would do in the show), and comes back later for revenge on Ishido. That would be corny as hell if they bring him back after strongly imply he died.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

fukk the book and the cac that wrote it :pachaha:this ain’t the 70s. Also this is an adaptation - not a 1:1 shot of it. You can be critical of something even if you’re enjoying it. You’d hope that when you’re watching a show in 2024 it doesn’t fall into the same exact tropes all it’s predecessors did, but alas - it’s still an enjoyable show with great production value.

We never actually see Bontaru die though so there’s hope that when the cac’s about to fondle Mariko - he pops up from the shadows like Nick Fury about to tell you about the Avengers initiative

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yep, as soon as I did not see a dead body I fully anticipate him to be back

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Toranaga escaped Osaka the same way Dudus was trying to evade the police in Jamaica

77227cb12f377060ca105b0f102a535a1ad31e3b.webp

:mjgrin:
:dead: