Blackthorne: my deepest condolences for your husband

Mariko:
55ws51-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

If Shannon didn't smash that, then he might really be gay :wow:

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Can we talk about how Toronada is a better version of Ned Stark? :wow:

Everything he's done so far is what that fool Ned should have done.

He took the prince and his mom essentially hostage immediately. That was his FIRST move.

Then he saw a wild card in the barbarian and said :jbhmm: lemme grab this nxgga up before anybody else get any ideas.

Then he saw that folks was betraying him but instead of calling them on it, he found out what they wanted and gave it to them.

Then, and this is the most important part, this nzgga LEFT. He didn't wait around to get murdered. There was ONE attempt made on his life and he was like "eff that :hubie: " and got up out of dodge.

Ned Stark should have left the minute he got stabbed through the leg and nothing was really done about it. That was his sign to get the hell up outta there. :snoop:
Toranaga is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. He's like 10 moves deep. The assassin wasn't coming for him she was coming for the cac. Thats why Toranaga switched places. He was ready she wasn't killing him no matter what. Toranaga is smart, devious, and honorable. Ned was just honorable.

Daps
Toranaga is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. He's like 10 moves deep. The assassin wasn't coming for him she was coming for the cac. Thats why Toranaga switched places. He was ready she wasn't killing him no matter what. Toranaga is smart, devious, and honorable. Ned was just honorable.

I know and I agree. I wasn't saying the assassin was there for him. But once he was in her face, she tried to kill him too.

:ahh: @ the bolded

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Can we talk about how Toronada is a better version of Ned Stark? :wow:

Everything he's done so far is what that fool Ned should have done.

He took the prince and his mom essentially hostage immediately. That was his FIRST move.

Then he saw a wild card in the barbarian and said :jbhmm: lemme grab this nxgga up before anybody else get any ideas.

Then he saw that folks was betraying him but instead of calling them on it, he found out what they wanted and gave it to them.

Then, and this is the most important part, this nzgga LEFT. He didn't wait around to get murdered. There was ONE attempt made on his life and he was like "eff that :hubie: " and got up out of dodge.

Ned Stark should have left the minute he got stabbed through the leg and nothing was really done about it. That was his sign to get the hell up outta there. :snoop:

:francis: Mentioned it in the HOTD thread, I've come to dislike Ned Stark after seeing similarly honorable characters in other stories move smarter. Some of them still got bodied but at least they didn't hand their enemies the dub like Ned did. Small Council got rid of dude and said "GG easy" :camby:, went on to fukk his whole family up. Honor before reason ain't it when thousands of lives are on the line and you're surrounded by opps.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I see the way they are weaseling in the "love story" between Off-Brand Tom Hardy and Mariko.

He's the "chivalrous and unsexist" nobleman (he just needs to take frequent baths). Meanwhile, her husband, Buntaro (who is not officially dead; we didn't see him die), is a sexist, misogynistic pig (but a great warrior).

Also, after every word Blackthorne says, Mariko is :ahh:

FX, you're not slick :lolbron:

Last edited:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
It's been a few years since I read the book so I can't recall all the details but for a book written in 1975 by an Australian, who was a Japanese POW during WW2, it is extremely respectful of Japan.

There are historical inaccuracies and as far as I remember he went a bit over the top with Japanese violence and sexual stuff. James Clavell might be @Tony D'Amato grandfather the way he was checking for dikk sizes :dame:

The book is over 1100 pages long so I really hope the TV show is a slow burn and doesn't rush through things.

Totally forgot about the :dame: passages. Dude mustve been a peter gazer while imprisoned