Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I see the way they are weaseling in the "love story" between Off-Brand Tom Hardy and Mariko.

He's the "chivalrous and unsexist" nobleman (he just needs to take frequent baths). Meanwhile, her husband, Buntaro (who is not officially dead; we didn't see him die), is a sexist, misogynistic pig (but a great warrior).

Also, after every word Blackthorne says, Mariko is :ahh:

FX, you're not slick :lolbron:
I don't think they're weaseling it in, I think they're way too heavy handed with it.

Especially when you contrast the way Mariko averts her gaze whenever she's in the presence of another man but then when Anjin is around she's like
rum9ax.gif

:dame:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I don't think they're weaseling it in, I think they're way too heavy handed with it.

Especially when you contrast the way Mariko averts her gaze whenever she's in the presence of another man but then when Anjin is around she's like
rum9ax.gif

:dame:
Yeah, I know. I am just talking about the way they are doing it lol :mjlol:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
Can we talk about how Toronada is a better version of Ned Stark? :wow:

Everything he's done so far is what that fool Ned should have done.

He took the prince and his mom essentially hostage immediately. That was his FIRST move.

Then he saw a wild card in the barbarian and said :jbhmm: lemme grab this nxgga up before anybody else get any ideas.

Then he saw that folks was betraying him but instead of calling them on it, he found out what they wanted and gave it to them.

Then, and this is the most important part, this nzgga LEFT. He didn't wait around to get murdered. There was ONE attempt made on his life and he was like "eff that :hubie: " and got up out of dodge.

Ned Stark should have left the minute he got stabbed through the leg and nothing was really done about it. That was his sign to get the hell up outta there. :snoop:
I see he's a written as a master tactician and that's what he is. All you say is true as well but keep this in mind: He's co-opting the barbarian and that will ultimately lead to his demise. Notice the vibes right now with Mariko. Her panties are visibly wet for the savage. Yeah he's gonna "go native" (aka bathe more than once a week and stop cursing like a sailor) but his true duplicitous cac nature will be revealed in the end. Toronada might have to commit that.

I'm more than a little worried about the white savior undertones but I think it's him who's gonna get saved, either by the princess or by honor.

This shyt is crack. Hulu got one. Put this in the Succession GOT House of Cards convo.

Daps
I see he's a written as a master tactician and that's what he is. All you say is true as well but keep this in mind: He's co-opting the barbarian and that will ultimately lead to his demise. Notice the vibes right now with Mariko. Her panties are visibly wet for the savage. Yeah he's gonna "go native" (aka bathe more than once a week and stop cursing like a sailor) but his true duplicitous cac nature will be revealed in the end. Toronada might have to commit that.

I'm more than a little worried about the white savior undertones but I think it's him who's gonna get saved, either by the princess or by honor.

This shyt is crack. Hulu got one. Put this in the Succession GOT House of Cards convo.

Well having the barbarian has worked for him so far. He had a pilot for his ship. Now he got somebody who (he thinks can) teach him the western ways of war. Plus the pilot literally saved his life when they were trying to escape. The barbarian realizes that his best route to survival rests in ensuring that Toronado survives.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
I see the way they are weaseling in the "love story" between Off-Brand Tom Hardy and Mariko.

He's the "chivalrous and unsexist" nobleman (he just needs to take frequent baths). Meanwhile, her husband, Buntaro (who is not officially dead; we didn't see him die), is a sexist, misogynistic pig (but a great warrior).

Also, after every word Blackthorne says, Mariko is :ahh:

FX, you're not slick :lolbron:
The fix is in. This is like the origin myth of why the Japanese worship cacs.