Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan

Deman

All Star
Daps
Ending makes sense to me. what I expected just felt rushed cause it does another time skip

everything else felt planned through writing, Fake Ymir back story compare to Ymir fritz an eren go to s3ep21 Ymir is on the path where fritz is and eren speaking bout the founding Titan, eren intent to kill every yeagar reason for meeting grandpa yeagar, Grisha first thing he told Carla was he ain’t suited for the role an he ain’t the chosen 1. Alot more fill in all the blanks with everyone backstories

The more I rewatch the shyt it’s like he wrote the story backwards isayama. I think they told isayama you can’t kill off everybody but paradise. idk what kind of ending nikkas was expecting. nikkas need to rewatch the series the whole thing tells you what bout to happen it’s the best part bout this shyt

Last edited:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
they mistranslated the last few dozen chapters? :skip:
i was on reddit and youtube for a little bit and i saw the firestorm calling it a bad ending

what I needed to see to make it at least an ok ending happened so im overall satisfied, though I can admit others might not see it that way and have all the justification in the world to be soured by it.

my main concerns had to do with titan powers staying through the end of the story, even if the way he did it was bad, the way it happened wasn't important to me as long as it happened. if his method irritated you I have nothing to say in defense of that

all that the ending accomplished was basically putting the world of attack on titan on the same plane of existence as the real world. racist manifest destiny expansion of borders, the rise and fall of fascist regimes as countries navigate global politics...etc, etc nothing eren did or the conclusion of the story painted a picture of longstanding peace or prosperity that works of nonfiction stories usually do.

the ymir and path stuff bothers me, the other characters of note being more understanding and even accepting of what he did after a memory erased conversation in paths irritates. but all of that falls to the wayside to the problems that persisted after all that chaos. of course paradis wouldn't just let go of that "us against the world" mentality, and the rest of the world wouldn't just let go of what a paradis eldian just caused and I'm glad he didn't shy away from showing that

and to the vast majority of white people calling out the conflicting message of the rumbling being necessary for paradis's survival. has the world come together to try and wipe great britain off the map for their colonizing ways, or the US for stealing the americas from native americans and nearly wiping them out? is france paying for their racist colonization of africa? we can go on and on of countries in real life doing some diabolical stuff and persisting to this day :stopitslime:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
"Slaves gonna slave breh" is one answer, sure, but that's still one fukked up answer to give that character :pachaha: like I said, Ymir doesn't move the needle for me but she got done dirty.

And I'd honestly have less issues with that being the reasoning if the explanation from Isayama wasn't "shyt, I don't know, y'all figure it out". Eren literally says he has no clue why it took 2000 years for Ymir to finally choose a path were there was going to be 1 random woman (Mikasa) overcoming her love and killing it....and somehow that was going to convince Ymir to let go of her love for Fritz, which would result in Titans not existing anymore.

It's one thing to leave things open ended and another one is to say "well, that's just because, you figure out the rest", imo :manny:
It makes the most sense, that "love" is stockholm syndrome. To the bolded, because Eren was the first person to tell her she didn't need to do this shyt anymore.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It makes the most sense, that "love" is stockholm syndrome. To the bolded, because Eren was the first person to tell her she didn't need to do this shyt anymore.

But that's not stockholm syndrome :dwillhuh:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
and to come to think of it...
Zeke's plan was the better option if this was the inevitable result :patrice:

Not really, if you think about it Marley would still have their Titans for max 7 more years. They were already expanding and well on their way to becoming WW2 Germany.

Eren’s plan while stupid basically put everybody on equal footing to have talks for peace.

You trying to enslave Onyankopon, breh?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
The way you quoted me got me a lil confused. What do you mean?

To "Eren literally says he has no clue why it took 2000 years for Ymir to finally choose a path"

You replied "because Eren was the first person to tell her she didn't need to do this shyt anymore."

I'm saying that Ymir's case being a "stockholm syndrome" ends up being silly when the only answer we have to how she was able to overcome it after 2000 fukking years is "Eren told her she didn't need to keep feeling that way/doing this things". That's not how stockholm syndrome works. And I'm not even sure that's even the right answer because Eren literally tells us he doesn't know why Mikasa was the key to all of this nor gives us any hint he was able to get through Ymir in such a powerful way.

Like, I get what you are saying. I get why a person with Ymir's story could still be in love with a dude like King Fritz (at least I can understand it in theory, I would still argue that in Ymir's case, from everything we knew about her, does not lead to believe that it could lead to her still loving Fritz, but that's a different discussion). But my point is that not only did the story never lead us there, but that we end up finding out about it in 1 panel of the last chapter without any development. Makes sense people could be disappointed with that, no?

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Not really, if you think about it Marley would still have their Titans for max 7 more years. They were already expanding and well on their way to becoming WW2 Germany.

Eren’s plan while stupid basically put everybody on equal footing to have talks for peace.

Yeah, Zeke's plan was naive as fukk. If people don't see in Paradis as the island of demons anymore, that does not mean people won't still want to invade/kill/wipe them out. And even if people leave the island alone, they would still make the other Eldians live a living hell. Who's to say the world would even believe the Eldians can't procreate anymore?

To be honest, Zeke's plan was more about "let us Eldians die and stop suffering", while at the same time, guaranteeing that the last Eldians would suffer anyway.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
To "Eren literally says he has no clue why it took 2000 years for Ymir to finally choose a path"

You replied "because Eren was the first person to tell her she didn't need to do this shyt anymore."

I'm saying that Ymir's case being a "stockholm syndrome" ends up being silly when the only answer we have to how she was able to overcome it after 2000 fukking years is "Eren told her she didn't need to keep feeling that way/doing this things". That's not how stockholm syndrome works. And I'm not even sure that's even the right answer because Eren literally tells us he doesn't know why Mikasa was the key to all of this nor gives us any hint he was able to get through Ymir in such a powerful way.

Like, I get what you are saying. I get why a person with Ymir's story could still be in love with a dude like King Fritz (at least I can understand it in theory, I would still argue that in Ymir's case, from everything we knew about her, does not lead to believe that it could lead to her still loving Fritz, but that's a different discussion). But my point is that not only did the story never lead us there, but that we end up finding out about it in 1 panel of the last chapter without any development. Makes sense people could be disappointed with that, no?
May not be the "right" answer but its the only one that makes sense imo:manny:
Thats what I mean by her "love" being stockholm syndrome, at least when she was alive, but I guess when she died she was just on autopilot doing commands of people with royal blood. Then Eren shows up and treats her like a human/person. As far as it being shown in 1 panel, nah most of this stuff can be inferred about her from the Ymir backstory chapter.
I actually was actually one the few that wasn't disappointed and liked the ending but I can see how other people would be.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix

Nah never that..

I'm for the option that DOESN'T WIPE OUT 4/5th's of the ENTIRE WORLD, ravage it's resources, and leave whoever was left (both Eldians and everyone else) with a much harder life.

I'd have to assume Zeke had a contingency plan for what would happen after had he gone through with his plan

It's basically Utilitarianism vs Deontology

Last edited:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The OG Mindless and Abnormal Titans era was when this shyt was the GOAT. You just wanted to no more about these beasts. But the more I found out.....:francis:

It's a good story but it was the unsettling nature of the Mindless Titans and humanity's struggle against them that really drew me in. And looks like Erin grew up to be the mass murderer every teen edgelord aspires to be. I hated his character.

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
The ending was dumb as fukk:scust:.. anybody tryna make sense of it need to quit sipping the kool aid, the creators let another anime ride out too long and this the fukking ending we get?:stopitslime:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Nah never that..

I'm for the option that DOESN'T WIPE OUT 4/5th's of the ENTIRE WORLD

I'd have to assume Zeke had a contingency plan for what would happen after
zeke's contingency was historia having at least two kids before he died, passing the founding titan on continuously and while her kids were alive the option was there for paradis to start the rumbling to start mass destruction.

if her kids died in their 60-70-80's then the rest of the eldians on paradis would be SOL as countries would be jockeying to be the first to claim the land as their own for the resources

(maybe they could have excluded her reproductive capabilities to make sure she could birth kids long enough to last 100 years as she was 19 when all this started)

noob_saibot

All Star
Daps
1 more chapter or even just making this one longer could have fixed most of my issues with the ending tbh. I’m fine with most of the ideas and direction it went, but it was executed so poorly and too much was left for us to fill in the blanks or make assumptions.