Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
The Ymir thing is retarded, and doesnt make sense

im not a reader who needs clarity to the most finest detail. But it just doesnt make sense to me

Like seriously :mindblown:

like there is no reason why this shyt should feel rushed considering how the story has been so far.

if he was gonna go this route.. then this really could have used another 12 chapters...

because shyt as it stands is very unsatisfying, unfulfilling, and incoherent.

I really get the feeling dude changed the ending when he was getting close to it.
i personally agree on him changing the ending.

Isayama has a stigma attached to him due to naming characters after Japanese imperialist. Plus the controversy on his beliefs. I personally believe having that conflict with his character and everything. Probably effected the ending.

Plus given the tone and morbidness in the series. he knows he has to hit at a certain range that coincides with the tone of the series but is not totally tragic. So it has to be bittersweet (what we got)

so he prolly has gone thru rough draft to draft conjuring up a ending. This is prolly the best that he can suffice.

not making excuses. But to me, it also feels like this was not a ending he envisioned but rather a conclusion that is the best he could come up with.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
the one thing about this ending that might hurt it in the long run is the messages is sends

Eren being a mass murderer

Ymir and her love for Fritz

the overall conclusion and everything might leave a bad long running taste in everybody's mouth. I can see people on Twitter rn making AOT trend for its "bad messages" due to this ending

rn they just dont like it for the unansweredness of things. But i can see people bytching about the themes of this conclusion. Especially given the times we are living in.

EX: I remember people killing naruto for his remark on Obi being the "coolest guy"

people hate that and think its dumb for naruto to think that given this is a guy who has cause so many to die.

AOT took what Naruto did, and ballooned it up to where it can get 2x worse now.

Last edited:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
the one thing about this ending that might hurt it in the long run is the messages is sends

Eren being a mass murderer

Ymir and her love for Fritz

the overall conclusion and everything might leave a bad long running taste in everybody's mouth. I can see people on Twitter rn making AOT trend for its "bad messages" due to this ending

rn they just dont like it for the unansweredness of things. But i can see people bytching about the themes of this conclusion. Especially given the times we are living in.

EX: I remember people killing naruto for his remark on Obi being the "coolest guy"

people hate that and think its dumb for naruto to think that given this is a guy who has cause so many to die.

AOT took what Naruto did, and ballooned it up to where it can get 2x worse now.
I have no problem with the story making Eren a mass murderer. But what was the point if the stort still ends with one said having to potentially annihilate the other? If that was the case then the original plan or zeke's plan would have been the same The fact that Eren did all of that "just because" and Ymir planning it is contradictory to everything written earlier. A bunch of stuff doesn't even make any sense and worse the characters dialogue in this chapter was so out of place. Given how the story was written this was always going to end with someone getting wiped out anyway wtf was the last arc even for? Its almost like the same person didnt eveb write this.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I have no problem with the story making Eren a mass murderer. But what was the point if the stort still ends with one said having to potentially annihilate the other? If that was the case then the original plan or zeke's plan would have been the same The fact that Eren did all of that "just because" and Ymir planning it is contradictory to everything written earlier. A bunch of stuff doesn't even make any sense and worse the characters dialogue in this chapter was so out of place. Given how the story was written this was always going to end with someone getting wiped out anyway wtf was the last arc even for? Its almost like the same person didnt eveb write this.

the idea was to kill everyone outside the walls regardless if they were able to stop Eren or not. He didn't want the world to just kill the people behind the walls and then live on as if those innocent people were bad guys and the bullshyt they've been doing for years upon years was justified. I don't see Zeke's idea being the same. I see Zeke's idea allowing the people outside the walls to live with the mindset that what they were doing was right.

So basically Zeke prevents them from reproducing, they have to either have their memories of knowing that they were going to die out from not being able to reproduce, or live with it. the eldians on the other side of the walls are now free to be brutally massacred or used as dummies by the people outside because they serve literally no purpose anymore. Zeke and his c00n ass will be regarded as a hero by himself and by Yelena. The rest of the world can live on as honorable fighting soldiers? Nah fukk em. Eren wasn't a hero and nothing he did was right, but he was a freedom fighter and stayed true to killing the enemy till it was dead.

there was a lot of "who knows" at the end, and I don't know what that prick did to Ymir to cause her to love him so, but unfortunately it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that an evil tyrant could manipulate a girl to the point were her love could equate to her hatred for him.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
So my biggest cons

Ymir got shafted. She started all this and the last time we see her is smiling as she watches Mikasa kiss a decapitated eren!?:gucci:

She got treated like a plot device to move the story forward but if her choices carried such weight then we needed to get inside her head. There should have been at least half a chapter more that should have been dedicated to her so we could see how she perceived things in the paths realm.

Not get lazy throw away second hand info on how she felt from even.

Isayama also left too much to interpretation. Eren saying his perception of time had changed with the founders powers and being in paths was the only thing that saved the reasoning for removing titan powers from being garbage. Because the first thing anyone would say is that there is no way ymir suffered for 2000 years and seeing Mikasa let eren go after all that time was what gave her the courage to also let go:comeon:that was outright bad, but because the why and how of it doesn't matter as much to me its whatever

Other nitpicky things that aren't really worth mentioning

I'll make another post to say why the ending was satisfactory to me,

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I really liked what he did here actually from a real world standpoint.

Making Marley and paradis Eldians the "heroes of the world" setting himself up as a lone wolf ala Lelouch is just misdirection.

He made the rumbling which killed 80% of the world necessary for paradis Island's survival:whoo:

Entire countries got wiped out, thats unclaimed land for those who survived to go after and secure

Titan powers got wiped out. Now there's no unifying call for the world to immediately come down on paradis. Countries can still hate them and refuse to trade or make peace but if paradis doesn't pose some imminent threat there is little to be gained by attacking them

Paradis got off relatively unscathed. Considering where the world is technologically any military force that wants to wipe out Paradis will have to do so primarily through a land assault. Is any one country in a stable enough position to wage war after the devastation eren just caused?

Eren bought paradis time, time they were hoping to get by hanging the rumbling over the worlds head until they were caught up tech wise. As a bonus the reason for their persecution was also taken away

Making the rumbling necessary was very bold considering attack on titan is technically a shounen:pachaha:

Also

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
the idea was to kill everyone outside the walls regardless if they were able to stop Eren or not. He didn't want the world to just kill the people behind the walls and then live on as if those innocent people were bad guys and the bullshyt they've been doing for years upon years was justified. I don't see Zeke's idea being the same. I see Zeke's idea allowing the people outside the walls to live with the mindset that what they were doing was right.

So basically Zeke prevents them from reproducing, they have to either have their memories of knowing that they were going to die out from not being able to reproduce, or live with it. the eldians on the other side of the walls are now free to be brutally massacred or used as dummies by the people outside because they serve literally no purpose anymore. Zeke and his c00n ass will be regarded as a hero by himself and by Yelena. The rest of the world can live on as honorable fighting soldiers? Nah fukk em. Eren wasn't a hero and nothing he did was right, but he was a freedom fighter and stayed true to killing the enemy till it was dead.

there was a lot of "who knows" at the end, and I don't know what that prick did to Ymir to cause her to love him so, but unfortunately it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that an evil tyrant could manipulate a girl to the point were her love could equate to her hatred for him.
This is not the narrative that was in the story. No one gave a fukk about who felt what as they shouldnt have morality is subjective. Eren was trying to save his people and Zeke was an antinatalist. But Zeke's original fake plan would have been the same as this in terms of outcome except maybe better. And Eren was literally going to kill every Eldian outside the walls anyway. Youre making a bunch of weird statments here that dont make any sense. Regardless the shyt didnt make any sense. Eren himself said he didnt know why he started the rumbling. Apparently Ymir did it so Mikasa could kill Eren and end the titans or something. You're over here talking about some dumb c00ning shyt and Eren is talking about sending Dina to murder his mom :mjlol:. And if he wanted to see the rumbling through he would have fought back or mpved his conciousness. He literally says he wont try to come back because of the guilt so thats also false.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I think the author himself confirmed he changed his initial plan for the ending a long time ago. Originally it was supposed to be a super dark ending where the whole main cast died all the way back during the fight to plug up the hole in the wall before they found the basement or something along those lines from what I've heard. The weird thing is though it felt like there were some elements from whatever he had originally planned for the ending way back when he started in 2009 that were suddenly resurrected out of the blue and forced into this at the very last second. Stuff that seemed like he either forgot about a long time ago and/or the story just naturally deviated away from over time as it developed that no longer fit coherently into what it is now in 2021
Mainly Eren feelings about Mikasa that have barely if ever been touched on since like 2013 :pachaha:

A better translation and/or some elaboration in the anime could help in a lot of ways... but I don't think it's gonna ultimately fix the damage that's been done. :francis: Oh well, this was this dude's first ever major published work at the end of the day, there's cats who been writing famous stories since before he was born that still struggle with wrapping those stories up in the end themselves. It ain't even the worst ending to a popular manga of the past year or two; nothing gonna top TPN or Demon Slayer's wack ass endings for the forseeable future. :mjlol::unimpressed:
Demon Slayer had a good ending

The future descendants chapter I just treat as an extra

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
This is not the narrative that was in the story. No one gave a fukk about who felt what as they shouldnt have morality is subjective. Eren was trying to save his people and Zeke was an antinatalist. But Zeke's original fake plan would have been the same as this in terms of outcome except maybe better. And Eren was literally going to kill every Eldian outside the walls anyway. Youre making a bunch of weird statments here that dont make any sense. Regardless the shyt didnt make any sense. Eren himself said he didnt know why he started the rumbling. Apparently Ymir did it so Mikasa could kill Eren and end the titans or something. You're over here talking about some dumb c00ning shyt and Eren is talking about sending Dina to murder his mom :mjlol:. And if he wanted to see the rumbling through he would have fought back or mpved his conciousness. He literally says he wont try to come back because of the guilt so thats also false.

you're right, I would be speaking from the perspective of the people behind the walls even tho the story was basically about a tragedy that took place that caused to the reader to wonder who should they even root for. Eren did everything he did all for the sake of that one path with Mikasa. Both Eren and Zeke killed off eldians on opposite ends for the sake of one goal except Eren was fighting to save the eldians behind the walls and lift the curse off them, and Zeke was settling for just wiping them clean off the face of the earth. Atm I see Eldians from Marley and Paridise alive with their curse lifted with one more chance at peace led by Armin.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
this shyt fell off so hard that i'm kinda shocked people even trying to break it down :dead:

characters damn near got reworked on the spot to make this shyt seem coherent....

trying to nail down where it at all went left is the hard part. honestly, once they got to the docks everything started to collapse on itself.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
you're right, I would be speaking from the perspective of the people behind the walls even tho the story was basically about a tragedy that took place that caused to the reader to wonder who should they even root for. Eren did everything he did all for the sake of that one path with Mikasa. Both Eren and Zeke killed off eldians on opposite ends for the sake of one goal except Eren was fighting to save the eldians behind the walls and lift the curse off them, and Zeke was settling for just wiping them clean off the face of the earth. Atm I see Eldians from Marley and Paridise alive with their curse lifted with one more chance at peace led by Armin.
Given how the story unfolded. Eren wasnt even fighting. He was literally just a slave to the plot. And I dont know about "wiping them off the Earth". Do you think youre killing someone when you dont have children?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
this shyt fell off so hard that i'm kinda shocked people even trying to break it down :dead:

characters damn near got reworked on the spot to make this shyt seem coherent....

trying to nail down where it at all went left is the hard part. honestly, once they got to the docks everything started to collapse on itself.

I mainly listen to

after each chapter. And he was harping on a piece of translation being off.

Given how the story unfolded. Eren wasnt even fighting. He was literally just a slave to the plot. And I dont know about "wiping them off the Earth". Do you think youre killing someone when you dont have children?

He's causing them to cease to exist whether he's out there throwing rocks at them or not.

Daps
She was a slave, all she ever knew was being a slave. Even with all that power she was still just a slave mentally:manny:

You'd think based on the sheer amount of time and energy dudes on this site devote to calling people "c00ns", that they would understand the extent to which slavery can warp the minds of it's victims