Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
what's the aftermath here? depending on what isayama does next chapter the ending will be flawed but still enjoyable/good or very disappointing

I eagerly await next month.:lupe:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
So it was a love story from the beginning at the expense of SEVERAL LIVES, but I liked Mikasa finally getting closure. I still don't see how it ties into the final panel of the manga that was shown unless.

I'm guessing now the baby being held can be used to end the titan curse within the eldians. Since Eren is dead the founder will be reborn within Historia's child and will have royal blood and whoever holding it can acti... fukk it I don't even know where I'm going with this anymore. I just want to know who was holding that baby and what was Historia's final significance.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
This was a great chapter IDK what y'all are so upset about. If you were paying attention to how Isayama been framing this for literal years now there was no way Eren was gonna truly "win" and exterminate the whole human race (as entertaining as that might've been to watch actually play out in a story like this); it's antithetical to the themes the work's preached and it'd probably get his ass cancelled IRL from ever getting a major serialized work ever again in today's social climate. :pachaha: All I wanted was Eren to put up a good fight and go down defiantly swinging like he always does instead of Armin and Zeke talk no jutsuing the whole thing away, and he most certainly got the chance to do that here. :blessed: Poor Armin stay getting his face rearranged by Eren in fistfights, even as a titan. :mjlol: And the fukkery and twists definitely ain't completely over yet 100%; everything about this chapter definitely setting up a "paths are alternate universes" or some similar jank. I think Isayama has said he unironically wanted a way to make the high school spin-offs canon and this might be his way of doing it. That last panel solidifies it for me; no way this weird lil bytch Ymir smiling like that at all this insanity unless she and Eren were scheming something unforeseen up to end this all along. Or maybe she just really a freaky JBO voyeur into that degenerate necrophilia ish :picard::troll:

THIS, brehs in here expected the end the whole human race, like we getting End of Evangelion endings. If you go back to the Isayama interviews about how he grew up around around military bases and his methodology for the story it’s makes since.

Also if this is the end of Erne, he went out like a G, “Fukk ya family they titans now, too”. It’s obvious Eren is on his Code Geass Lelouch steez.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Eren disappointed me:francis: But this is like the 6th time eren has "died" maybe he's still alive :takedat:
I want everyone to die and the world to burn :wow: last chapter should just be images of people dying, no words just dead bodies. Ymir make it happen :blessed:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
its not about winning/losing :dead: its about how its stupid and a tremendous drop off from he storytelling we saw in previous arcs

is a good thing this is spaced out over months instead of weeks... when this is televised, there won't be a large period of time between these events that lets people cope with the bullshyt at their own pace

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
So it was a love story from the beginning at the expense of SEVERAL LIVES, but I liked Mikasa finally getting closure. I still don't see how it ties into the final panel of the manga that was shown unless.

I'm guessing now the baby being held can be used to end the titan curse within the eldians. Since Eren is dead the founder will be reborn within Historia's child and will have royal blood and whoever holding it can acti... fukk it I don't even know where I'm going with this anymore. I just want to know who was holding that baby and what was Historia's final significance.

that baby is most likely Grisha holding Eren in the past

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
its not about winning/losing :dead: its about how its stupid and a tremendous drop off from he storytelling we saw in previous arcs

is a good thing this is spaced out over months instead of weeks... when this is televised, there won't be a large period of time between these events that lets people cope with the bullshyt at their own pace

man
I don't even mind Eren dying... but the whole avengers thing and the asspull after asspull :snoop: If Isayama is really doin this.. then this should have been another 10 chapters. I feel like dude probably switched up and changed the ending once the manga got really popular :snoop:

Daps

I noticed if you look at the panel this chapter where Eren is hugging Mikasa, it looks suspiciously similar to that final panel too... :jbhmm:

efa6959fb975fd7e3d5c55ea99707b2fac89c953r1-364-540v2_uhq.jpg

CCzA1vO.png

The things in each text bubbles are along the same lines too "You are free" and "Forget about me and be free"

:ohhh: I'm telling you Isayama got one more major trick in his bag he ain't shown yet. Lots of people have speculated along the lines of what you talk about in your spoiler tag, but there's still a few things to clear up aside from it, especially regarding some of the stuff dropped on us in this chapter. I have faith in him to stick the ending. :ehh:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
it's not a satisfying narrative ending, but what if all the options isayama gave were simply horrible? dude has been pretty consistently writing in the story that the path to diplomacy was almost unreachable

eren didn't have a good plan and just went with genocide as the best option to keep paradis safe but in the end didn't have the heart to go all the way through with it.

--laying down and putting your neck out en masse for slaughter was option 1

--foregoing your human right to procreate and basically saying screw how we feel, the world is better off without us was option 2

--or killing everyone else in existence to make sure you and yours continue to live was option 3

based off the alternate path he showed where eren and mikasa dipped out on responsibility makes me think all paths led to paradis getting invaded at some point in the near future where fighting or laying down were the only outcomes

if your gonna go that bleak with the story though, then how is this all gonna get satisfyingly tied together?:francis:

after what just happened why wouldn't the world play nice for 30-50 years while secretly developing weapons of mass destruction to drop on paradis and systematically dna test all citizens in their respective countries and slaughter all with eldian heritage

and yeah @42 Monks the annie/falco spur of the moment bird transformation was probably the most egregious asspull this arc. isayama had the plane all ready to play a major part until he realized 4-5 people would need to get on/off at multiple points with quick takeoffs:mjgrin: he also hasn't well defined paths and ymir/spine and how it works to the point things that might seem ok with proper explanation just come outta nowhere

noob_saibot

All Star
Daps
I liked the chapter in itself, but there’s so much stuff still left to deal with in the final chapter.. We still need Eren’s pov, Ymir’s motivation, end of titan curse(most likely), resolution to the conflict between Paradis(controlled by pro jaegerists) and rest of the world, Historia’s baby plot etc. That’s too much for one chapter, so I’m leaning towards one last twist/paths fukkery with an open ending.. That final panel has to be Eren holding the baby or Grisha holding Eren, won’t make sense or be impactful otherwise.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Mikasa just decapitated a dude, grabbed his head and kissed him. And Ymir like :smile:

She's really been broken without repair :mjlol:

Some thoughts running through her head:

:shaq: "this sick bytch is kissing a bloody skull, look how far I've pushed these people"

"Edgy cacs will be buying Attack on Titan merch from Hot Topic for years to come now :mjgrin:"

"This shyt will be all over Tumblr :mjgrin:. Can't wait to see all the variations and memes :mjgrin:"

"I was enslaved by the king for my whole life and my children were forced to eat my body. But at least I wasn't as sad and deluded as this bytch with the scarf :mjgrin:"

:dead: