Shiba Inu (SHIB) Discussion Thread

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the true test is when 6 figures are sitting in your account and becomes tempting especially if you’ve never seen 6 figs before in your life :whew:

yep that's why I always say everybody got a gameplan until the bolded happens, especially if that's the most you've had at one time. Financial Literacy isn't stressed enough to us in our community. Most of us have to learn on the fly.

it's like if have 150K in a crypto...what do you do...do you take out your initial and a little profit....:ehh:
do you take the money and run off into the sunset (where you'll have a GREAT year) :blessed:OR

do you let it all ride hoping it eats another zero (10X which would take you into 7 figures) :mjgrin: potentially risking it all:whoa::ooh::damn:

Got a feeling that some people in this thread and the main crypto thread are going to be facing that EXACT scenario in 2022 :ohhh::lupe::banderas:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
yep that's why I always say everybody got a gameplan until the bolded happens, especially if that's the most you've had at one time. Financial Literacy isn't stressed enough to us in our community. Most of us have to learn on the fly.

it's like if have 150K in a crypto...what do you do...do you take out your initial and a little profit....:ehh:
do you take the money and run off into the sunset (where you'll have a GREAT year) :blessed:OR

do you let it all ride hoping it eats another zero (10X which would take you into 7 figures) :mjgrin: potentially risking it all:whoa::ooh::damn:

Got a feeling that some people in this thread and the main crypto thread are going to be facing that EXACT scenario in 2022 :ohhh::lupe::banderas:

I assume you're black. And yeah it's true what you say but I don't think there's too much financial literacy in some of the other communities either. Lot of purple struggling to make ends meet or living paycheck to paycheck. Plus lot of them not investing unfortunately. Good thing is lately there's been a surge in investing whether crypto and/or stocks and this younger generation more focused cuz they seen what our parents generation went thru and it's so much easier to invest now, just off a phone you can make money. Things that didn't exist when our parents were coming up. Plus not to mention that if someone had immigrant parents or grandparents, that stock investing wasn't too big especially if they didn't know the language so they didn't pass down that knowledge to their kids. Of course financial literacy does include a wide variety of things not just investing, saving as well. Lot of folks just think that working and saving money and having a safe 401k plan is gonna be enough. And then expect to collect Social Security but that's not guaranteed when we get older and may be gone within the next 15 years. So investing is definitely necessary. Lot of people just aren't willing or able to take the risks but any little amount helps, just gotta start low and work their way up. As well as know a thing or two. There's plenty of game out there, they just not willing to go look for it. And that includes both young and old. You don't even need to invest to make money if not willing to take a risk, but knowing where the money is profitable already gives you an advantage. An example I see. Most banks, mainly online since brick and mortars are low cuz of branches and operating cost, give about .50% interest from what I'm seeing. Was higher before covid but they cut the rates. On coinbase, DAI has an interest rate of 2% and it has remained steady against the dollar for the most part especially since covid started. Having savings on there instead of a bank would have someone gaining higher interest in the long run. Of course any interest rate can change. Not to mention the potential if they took risks and invested in other coins. But goes to show that there's always ways to make more money even if not willing to risk. Hopefully this crypto gun helps a lot of people and the knowledge can be passed on to future generations. Everyone wants generational wealth but the future generations gotta know what to do with the wealth or it'll be going just as quickly as we acquired it.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Wasn't expecting it to breakdown so much during the 4am hour. Actually looks like lot of stuff was red last hour. Hopefully the next 3 hours are better and it turns green. If not, can just hope it trends sideways for the weekend and moves back up on Monday. Hopefully something happens when I wake up and we above 2500 at least, 3000 even better.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Wasn't expecting it to breakdown so much during the 4am hour. Actually looks like lot of stuff was red last hour. Hopefully the next 3 hours are better and it turns green. If not, can just hope it trends sideways for the weekend and moves back up on Monday. Hopefully something happens when I wake up and we above 2500 at least, 3000 even better.

Can't time the market to an exact moment, otherwise we would all be millionares. Cool off over the long weekend. Action picks up Tuesday or later next week.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
I assume you're black. And yeah it's true what you say but I don't think there's too much financial literacy in some of the other communities either. Lot of purple struggling to make ends meet or living paycheck to paycheck. Plus lot of them not investing unfortunately. Good thing is lately there's been a surge in investing whether crypto and/or stocks and this younger generation more focused cuz they seen what our parents generation went thru and it's so much easier to invest now, just off a phone you can make money. Things that didn't exist when our parents were coming up. Plus not to mention that if someone had immigrant parents or grandparents, that stock investing wasn't too big especially if they didn't know the language so they didn't pass down that knowledge to their kids. Of course financial literacy does include a wide variety of things not just investing, saving as well. Lot of folks just think that working and saving money and having a safe 401k plan is gonna be enough. And then expect to collect Social Security but that's not guaranteed when we get older and may be gone within the next 15 years. So investing is definitely necessary. Lot of people just aren't willing or able to take the risks but any little amount helps, just gotta start low and work their way up. As well as know a thing or two. There's plenty of game out there, they just not willing to go look for it. And that includes both young and old. You don't even need to invest to make money if not willing to take a risk, but knowing where the money is profitable already gives you an advantage. An example I see. Most banks, mainly online since brick and mortars are low cuz of branches and operating cost, give about .50% interest from what I'm seeing. Was higher before covid but they cut the rates. On coinbase, DAI has an interest rate of 2% and it has remained steady against the dollar for the most part especially since covid started. Having savings on there instead of a bank would have someone gaining higher interest in the long run. Of course any interest rate can change. Not to mention the potential if they took risks and invested in other coins. But goes to show that there's always ways to make more money even if not willing to risk. Hopefully this crypto gun helps a lot of people and the knowledge can be passed on to future generations. Everyone wants generational wealth but the future generations gotta know what to do with the wealth or it'll be going just as quickly as we acquired it.

at the bolded yeah, I am. I don't doubt your point about financial literacy not being stressed in other communities, just was speaking on us. You're 100% on point that most people are just trying to make it, (living paycheck to paycheck) so coming to them asking to invest in stocks is a farfetched idea. Couple that with the concept of crypto (digital currency) AND the pandemic and I perfectly understand most people's hesitancy.

Those last few lines are FACTS.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
at the bolded yeah, I am. I don't doubt your point about financial literacy not being stressed in other communities, just was speaking on us. You're 100% on point that most people are just trying to make it, (living paycheck to paycheck) so coming to them asking to invest in stocks is a farfetched idea. Couple that with the concept of crypto (digital currency) AND the pandemic and I perfectly understand most people's hesitancy.

Those last few lines are FACTS.

Yeah I feel ya. I'm not black so I can't relate on that aspect but financial literacy affects us all regardless. Definitely a good skill to have. Hopefully all you black posters in here are able to spread the knowledge and get more people in your community taking advantage of this and learning in general. We gonna get these gains and all make it. :salute:

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX

re: the bolded on dai and coinbase interest. you can earn 7.55% interest on dai on gemini. coinbase has crap rates alot. i use gemini coin (GUSD) with an 8.05% rate but will try dai as well soon. going to move a hefty chunk of my savings soon and split them in between those 2. 8% or so interset on each dollar is incredible and kills even the highest commercial savings account rates.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That's the thing with investing. It's easy to make money...the hard part is knowing what to do when you make a profit.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
jvvtp98p4fs71.jpg

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry: I experienced that and my diamond handed stupidity hurt me more than it should've but I've gotten better and am ready now. Lesson is don't hold on the way down if you're up big, another opportunity always comes around.

ALWAYS.

very important lesson I learned the hard way…the mistake I made was looking at it as a once in a lifetime opportunity…nope this shyt is cyclical…if folks don’t get rich on this spin, they can take the profits they make during this cycle and invest when things cool off for a couple years and get rich on the next cycle (around the next bitcoin halvening)…the biggest scare was in 2019…at this point tho crypto is going nowhere

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
re: the bolded on dai and coinbase interest. you can earn 7.55% interest on dai on gemini. coinbase has crap rates alot. i use gemini coin (GUSD) with an 8.05% rate but will try dai as well soon. going to move a hefty chunk of my savings soon and split them in between those 2. 8% or so interset on each dollar is incredible and kills even the highest commercial savings account rates.

Yeah true. Anything kills commercial savings. I gotta do more research on Gemini cuz I know you've mentioned it a few times I believe.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
CG shows Bone at zero having completely dropped so I'm like :dahell:. I go on the discord to see what's up and they talking bout a 3000% rate on staking:whoo: and my dumass swapped mine for saitama when it dipped to .80 :snoop:. Turning on my pc now to see if I can claim some of the rewards I've gotten and stake those to take advantage and if possible build a stack back up.