Shedeur Sanders vs Caleb Williams as NFL prospects

How close are Shedeur and Caleb as prospects?

• Total voters

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Bruh, your love for Deion, got you out here saying what Caleb is doing isn’t hard…. Tf playing qb is hard, being a really good one is even harder, and it’s not like he’s a runner first, he’s doing what he does from the pocket. I think lil Deion is a good to great qb and no reason he doesn’t deserve his shot, but you not being objective in your analysis
Of course, I am talking about at the highest of levels. I am not speaking in general. We are talking about two high end QB prospects. My expectations are sky high for both

This is like a Bron v. MJ debate. We are talking about this best of the best.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Exactly. GOAT.coaches with SB rings have made boneheaded decisions and evaluations, but we are supposed to believe that this "NFL Coach" is beyond reproach? We watched Andy Reid select Edwards Helaire over Jonathan Taylor, Mecole Hardman over DK Metcalf. Etc..
Lowkey think the poor drafts of offensive skill positions is catching up with the Chiefs. I mean they could have drafted George Pickens or even a Christian Watson. Instead went defense (which is cool).
Now its a bunch of small fast guys that just arent replicating Tyreke. Mahomes/Reid greatness overcame it last year but they are running a risk this year.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Comprehension is super fukking key to reading like an adult lol

The analysis in my short post (we can get super detailed if you want to) was basically “these numbers are not impressive. This is the system that causes those numbers to look the way they do, so those are disregarded at this juncture in time” because the media is pretty much hyping his numbers.

So if the numbers are system produced and every other guy does basically the same thing to varying levels, we have to go with physical tools - arm talent, etc.

Sanders isn’t exceptional at any of those things. Average athlete, decent arm.

Exceptional pedigree and intangibles (as stated by the same coach) and I believe that as well. He’s going to do the right thing and he’s going to work hard.

We both agreed that the prime example of a guy like that playing right now is Jalen Hurts.

I would say Rus Wilson as well but he checked me on that and said Rus has superior arm talent and could’ve been a good baseball player as well.

This ain’t hating on the kid, it’s just he ain’t no super QB top 2-3 guy kinda player, and if he didn’t have the Deion name we wouldn’t be having a debate up there with a Caleb Williams, Penix or other guys
What are you talking about? No one is evaluating Shedeur on that edge. He's not Arch Manning where there is QB pedigree.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Of course, I am talking about at the highest of levels. I am not speaking in general. We are talking about two high end QB prospects. My expectations are sky high for both

Bron vs MJ :what:

Aight bruh

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
No he wasn't. Your team was running the same defense from beginning to end. Same blitzes. Same stunts. Same everything. Uncreative ass defense.

Watch the damn snaps. What Shedeur is doing is harder. That doesn't change the fact that Caleb has tremendous and rare talent but what he's doing isn't all that hard. What Sanders is doing translates to the NFL
:mjlol:....some of you nikkaz just try way to hard.....

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Lol naw

I’ll break it down simple and this is as NFL prospects not players

In the pocket - Caleb > Baker = Kyler

Off platform throws - Caleb > Kyler > Baker

Scrambling ability - Kyler > Caleb > Baker

Size - Caleb > Baker > Kyler

Caleb hits pretty much every box, and you can make the argument he scrambles as well as Kyler he just chooses not to

Also Caleb been elite since his freshman year, can’t say the same about the other 2

I go by prototypes. That's how Baker who was an elite college QB has just been a decent at best QB in the NFL.

Baker was a balanced QB at OU. He wasn't athletic enough in the NFL to be that. He didn't have the cognitive ability and processing speed to be an elite pocket passer so he just didn't translate.

Caleb for the most part is a mobile QB who likes to operate as a balanced QB when he has a clean pocket. He has his flaws but his ability to do both at this level gives him such an edge.

That said, mobile QBs really have to get a good OC. Most OCs in the NFL are build to deal with pocket passers or game managers. Balanced QBs take the longest to bake but they are also the best when developed.

It's not easy to be a mobile QB and not all of them translate. I had Justin Fields as an elite mobile QB prospect and he hasn't been anywhere close to that. He's basically a running QB in the NFL but running QBs are require a specific type of coach who can deal with that type of QB.

Talent is only so much in this league. It's about fit and coaching. OCs in the NFL are insanely smart and gifted but they struggle with genius. They do better with the he's basically a 2nd coach type of QBs. They see eye to eye with them. Not everyone will handle Caleb well. Don't assume because of USC, it's going to be seamless.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV

Naw he not better than Penix, Maye, or Leonard fr fr

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Imo what Sanders is doing schematically is no different that what Caleb is doing.

The only difference is Sanders is working with less so he's better built to deal with tougher circumstances and having to really work on processsing.

The TWO issues though imo.

Sanders actually isnt doing more than Caleb when he actually should. Because the windows are tighter, because their is a lesser Oline, he should be throwing more with anticipation, navigating the pocket, etc etc.
Right now they are just doing typical air raid stuff of if we throw it enough the defense will tire down and make mistakes eventually. They should let Shedeur throw more over the middle of the field. Not care about his completion % with all these check downs and instead challenge himself to throw more tight window throws. Right now he's either throwing short passes or throwing deep passes.

The other issue though is as of now Im not sure he's twitchy enough. Caleb is very twitchy so even if he's not using the proper eye movement to find his reads he can still create out of structure. Ideally there's enough there to work with to get him to work within structure at a high level one day.

Right now Shedeur seems heavy footed like Jameis was. Its why Shedeur retreats when there is pressure and doesnt slide (when his Oline gives him a throwing lane) to throw the ball. Shedeur got the easier/smoother throwing motion so he wont have the issues Jameis has in terms of being rushed and his accuracy failing.

However, he's not as twitchy as Geno was in college (yet). And frankly Im so use to even the pocket passing QBs like Darnold having really good athleticism that its jarring to see Shedeur lumber out there (until he gets up to speed).

Hopefully he spends more time working with Brady on footwork. They gotta get him lighter on his feet so he can reach his full potential.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Comprehension is super fukking key to reading like an adult lol
You’re blaming other people for your personal inability to communicate coherently and effectively like a child yet lecturing about what adults do, nah nikka it don’t work like that …what YOU wrote sounded amateur, buffoonish and incompetent… What YOU wrote doesn’t sound like an individual that’s worth listening to at all tbh… especially without having a resume we can cross reference it’s practically worthless information .. That’s not the next man’s fault …that’s your problem and your deficiency and apparently speaks to the ineptness of your mystery “coach” friend…. You can’t even be accountable yet expect anyone to think the rest of this shyt is worth reading? Lmao … good luck to your “friend” this season tho:mjlol: he sounds like he needs it
The analysis in my short post (we can get super detailed if you want to) was basically “these numbers are not impressive. This is the system that causes those numbers to look the way they do, so those are disregarded at this juncture in time” because the media is pretty much hyping his numbers.

So if the numbers are system produced and every other guy does basically the same thing to varying levels, we have to go with physical tools - arm talent, etc.

Sanders isn’t exceptional at any of those things. Average athlete, decent arm.

Exceptional pedigree and intangibles (as stated by the same coach) and I believe that as well. He’s going to do the right thing and he’s going to work hard.

We both agreed that the prime example of a guy like that playing right now is Jalen Hurts.

I would say Rus Wilson as well but he checked me on that and said Rus has superior arm talent and could’ve been a good baseball player as well.

This ain’t hating on the kid, it’s just he ain’t no super QB top 2-3 guy kinda player, and if he didn’t have the Deion name we wouldn’t be having a debate up there with a Caleb Williams, Penix or other guys

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Bron vs MJ :what:

Aight bruh
For college QBs, these are some of the best we have seen. Shedeur has everything you want from a college prospect who's a pocket passer. The only thing you want more is him being a better game manager. If you can get that package, he will fly off the boards.

For me
Tier 1
1. 2
2. Caleb

Tier 2
3. Penix
4. Maye

Tier 3
No one for now

Tier 4
5. Ewers
6. Rattler
7. Ward who I am still closely evaluating

Then you got guys I can't get a grade on like JJ, Pratt, DJ, Nix, etc.

I'll take 2 over any pocket passing prospect other than Burrow in the last 10 years. There hasn't been many over the last 10 years that's 1st rounders as teams have gone away from pocket passers in the 1st but he's definitely the best after Burrow. Even have him higher than Stroud.

Could Caleb end up being the goat, possibly but how do we know right now. We don't, it's the unknown.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Lol naw

I’ll break it down simple and this is as NFL prospects not players

In the pocket - Caleb > Baker = Kyler

Off platform throws - Caleb > Kyler > Baker

Scrambling ability - Kyler > Caleb > Baker

Size - Caleb > Baker > Kyler

Caleb hits pretty much every box, and you can make the argument he scrambles as well as Kyler he just chooses not to

Also Caleb been elite since his freshman year, can’t say the same about the other 2
lol at you taking the bait :dead:

@Lucky_Lefty

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Imo what Sanders is doing schematically is no different that what Caleb is doing.

The only difference is Sanders is working with less so he's better built to deal with tougher circumstances and having to really work on processsing.

The TWO issues though imo.

Sanders actually isnt doing more than Caleb when he actually should. Because the windows are tighter, because their is a lesser Oline, he should be throwing more with anticipation, navigating the pocket, etc etc.
Right now they are just doing typical air raid stuff of if we throw it enough the defense will tire down and make mistakes eventually. They should let Shedeur throw more over the middle of the field. Not care about his completion % with all these check downs and instead challenge himself to throw more tight window throws. Right now he's either throwing short passes or throwing deep passes.

The other issue though is as of now Im not sure he's twitchy enough. Caleb is very twitchy so even if he's not using the proper eye movement to find his reads he can still create out of structure. Ideally there's enough there to work with to get him to work within structure at a high level one day.

Right now Shedeur seems heavy footed like Jameis was. Its why Shedeur retreats when there is pressure and doesnt slide (when his Oline gives him a throwing lane) to throw the ball. Shedeur got the easier/smoother throwing motion so he wont have the issues Jameis has in terms of being rushed and his accuracy failing.

However, he's not as twitchy as Geno was in college (yet). And frankly Im so use to even the pocket passing QBs like Darnold having really good athleticism that its jarring to see Shedeur lumber out there (until he gets up to speed).

Hopefully he spends more time working with Brady on footwork. They gotta get him lighter on his feet so he can reach his full potential.
The issue I have with this is it just misses a lot.

2 is a better passer. He's much smarter. He processes much faster. When he hits his last drop, he's always finished with his progressions and reset his progression or waiting for a route to be completed where he can time it correctly. He makes better decisions. He's more more composed than Williams. He's superior within the pocket. He makes his OL look better than what they are. Williams by his player type does as well but he's not like that in the pocket.

You talk about heavy footed. I see exceptional footwork speed in the pocket. Now when he's moving laterally is it good, no but that's more agility based and it's a mobile QB or balanced QB skill. Footwork speed and technique is what's critical to me since he's a pocket passer. What messes up Jameis is his feet are slow, his technique is better than 2 but when you have slow footwork like him and Leftwich, the defense is generally in your grill before you compete your drop.

He isn't the level of athlete that Geno and it doesn't really matter. Unlike Geno, he's was world class are presnap reads as a true freshman. He's just mentally on another level. His post snap reads are much better right now than Geno.

Shedeur's footwork technique is the area where I want to see the most growth but it takes time. Rarely do you see a college kid with exceptional footwork technique. Josh Rosen had it but he had horrendous footwork speed which killed him in the NFL.

He's just a massively better player than most of the guys you named. He's got aways to go but there might be a chance he could be seen in regard to Brady. He's got a lot to work on

Grades don't lie, this kid is the real deal.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
For college QBs, these are some of the best we have seen. Shedeur has everything you want from a college prospect who's a pocket passer. The only thing you want more is him being a better game manager. If you can get that package, he will fly off the boards.

For me
Tier 1
1. 2
2. Caleb

Tier 2
3. Penix
4. Maye

Tier 3
No one for now

Tier 4
5. Ewers
6. Rattler
7. Ward who I am still closely evaluating

Then you got guys I can't get a grade on like JJ, Pratt, DJ, Nix, etc.

I'll take 2 over any pocket passing prospect other than Burrow in the last 10 years. There hasn't been many over the last 10 years that's 1st rounders as teams have gone away from pocket passers in the 1st but he's definitely the best after Burrow. Even have him higher than Stroud.

Could Caleb end up being the goat, possibly but how do we know right now. We don't, it's the unknown.

I want to ask if you trolling, but you gon die on this hill, ok man, everyone is entitled to their opinion

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Here's the reality of Sheduer to start this year. Good game against TCU, shaky start at Nebraska, played like shyt for 58 minutes against CSU before they handed away the game and he stat padded in the OTs, was embarrassing against Oregon and finally was horrible for a half against USC before Grinch got to work.

He has skills and will get better, but he hasn't been lights out or even close to it

:yeshrug: