Shedeur Sanders vs Caleb Williams as NFL prospects

How close are Shedeur and Caleb as prospects?

• Total voters

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The issue I have with this is it just misses a lot.

2 is a better passer. He's much smarter. He processes much faster. When he hits his last drop, he's always finished with his progressions and reset his progression or waiting for a route to be completed where he can time it correctly. He makes better decisions. He's more more composed than Williams. He's superior within the pocket. He makes his OL look better than what they are. Williams by his player type does as well but he's not like that in the pocket.

You talk about heavy footed. I see exceptional footwork speed in the pocket. Now when he's moving laterally is it good, no but that's more agility based and it's a mobile QB or balanced QB skill. Footwork speed and technique is what's critical to me since he's a pocket passer. What messes up Jameis is his feet are slow, his technique is better than 2 but when you have slow footwork like him and Leftwich, the defense is generally in your grill before you compete your drop.

He isn't the level of athlete that Geno and it doesn't really matter. Unlike Geno, he's was world class are presnap reads as a true freshman. He's just mentally on another level. His post snap reads are much better right now than Geno.

Shedeur's footwork technique is the area where I want to see the most growth but it takes time. Rarely do you see a college kid with exceptional footwork technique. Josh Rosen had it but he had horrendous footwork speed which killed him in the NFL.

He's just a massively better player than most of the guys you named. He's got aways to go but there might be a chance he could be seen in regard to Brady. He's got a lot to work on

Grades don't lie, this kid is the real deal.
I'll respectfully agree to disagree. Espesically when it comes to when pressure arrives.

For example, the INT play could have been a long gainer or a touchdown if Shedeur trust/or had quicker feet WITHIN the pocket.

This is actually a clean pocket to STEP UP and throw to a WR over the middle of the field. However, believe it or not Shedeur thinks he's more athletic than he is and he sometimes gets out of structure when he doesnt need to. Just because he senses false pressure. I'll give you that in terms of when its clear there is no pressure Sheduer is more surgical than Caleb. Cause sometimes Caleb unnecessarily is looking for the big play. However, this is the kind of play of a guy not trusting his feet and sometimes looking for wide open WRs.

This is NFL style pressure that is daring a QB to step up and make a throw over the middle. Its what he didnt do vs Oregon. Took away the short passes and dared him to maneuver the pocket and find the wr (even if the coverage was tight like vs Oregon.

Coach and wrs break it down here.

Its why I think if he stays another year to work on stuff like that he'll be ready to roll

Sidenote: TO funny as hell :russ:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I'll respectfully agree to disagree. Espesically when it comes to when pressure arrives.

For example, the INT play could have been a long gainer or a touchdown if Shedeur trust/or had quicker feet WITHIN the pocket.

This is actually a clean pocket to STEP UP and throw to a WR over the middle of the field. However, believe it or not Shedeur thinks he's more athletic than he is and he sometimes gets out of structure when he doesnt need to. Just because he senses false pressure. I'll give you that in terms of when its clear there is no pressure Sheduer is more surgical than Caleb. Cause sometimes Caleb unnecessarily is looking for the big play. However, this is the kind of play of a guy not trusting his feet and sometimes looking for wide open WRs.

This is NFL style pressure that is daring a QB to step up and make a throw over the middle. Its what he didnt do vs Oregon. Took away the short passes and dared him to manuever the pocket and find the wr (even if the coverage was tight like vs Oregon.

Coach and wrs break it down here.

Its why I think if he stays another year to work on stuff like that he'll be ready to roll

Sidenote: TO funny as hell :russ:

That was miscommunication and a bad decision by Shedeur. I don't do the whole cherry picking plays when he has 217 passing attempts. You can find 10 more where you can find an issue, a missed read, him holding the rock too long considering his playing type and his OL. Etc.

We can do this with all QBs. At the end of the day, he has 217 passing attempts in 5 games. He ain't gonna be perfect

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
nikka, I played college hoops and I easily could have played and dominated football. Unlike, I look the part and didn't do no special training to get there either. 6'4, 210, 4.5, 10.30 standing 100 at 16, 36 inches vertical and my vertical got way better and I stop measuring it after I turned 17. Bro stop playing yourself. You ain't that guy. My family got 1st rounders. #1 overall prospects. Two NBA players. Your not built like that. You probably the only one in your hood that played college ball. Welcome to my lineage, bytch. You gonna wear my son's jerseys one day, bytch. Remember that.

This dusty hoodrat nikka talking about abortions. That's how you know you trash. That's not even a term in my upbringing. Loser ass nikka.
:russ:....you sound like an offended bytch....keep talking out your ass so we can all keep laughing at you....

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka, I played college hoops and I easily could have played and dominated football. Unlike, I look the part and didn't do no special training to get there either. 6'4, 210, 4.5, 10.30 standing 100 at 16, 36 inches vertical and my vertical got way better and I stop measuring it after I turned 17. Bro stop playing yourself. You ain't that guy. My family got 1st rounders. #1 overall prospects. Two NBA players. Your not built like that. You probably the only one in your hood that played college ball. Welcome to my lineage, bytch. You gonna wear my son's jerseys one day, bytch. Remember that.

This dusty hoodrat nikka talking about abortions. That's how you know you trash. That's not even a term in my upbringing. Loser ass nikka.
My man said he was DK Metcalf at 16 and his family are the Ball Brothers but don’t want to believe I just might know one coach

Booooy if you don’t get yo Friday Night Lights ass on somewhere lmao

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
My man said he was DK Metcalf at 16 and his family are the Ball Brothers but don’t want to believe I just might know one coach

Booooy if you don’t get yo Friday Night Lights ass on somewhere lmao
Lol, I never said I was anything like DK. My build is more like Fitzgerald. Lol, my cousins are legit on both sides. One side is hoppers, the other side is football players. Either way, it's homie who started it talking about his college days riding the wood at SC. I played college ball at by far my worst sport. Baseball was my best sport by a mile. I had more talent in my pinky than nikkas have in there whole bodies who played the game with a passion for life.

One of my sons got a crazy body type. He's like Zion but could get to Shaq height. That's the one that's gonna make the family name legendary. He can do it all too. A natural and he's passionate naturally. I don't have to ask him and at this age, that's not usual.

• Dap
Reactions: Hov

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol, I never said I was anything like DK. My build is more like Fitzgerald. Lol, my cousins are legit on both sides. One side is hoppers, the other side is football players. Either way, it's homie who started it talking about his college days riding the wood at SC. I played college ball at by far my worst sport. Baseball was my best sport by a mile. I had more talent in my pinky than nikkas have in there whole bodies who played the game with a passion for life.

One of my sons got a crazy body type. He's like Zion but could get to Shaq height. That's the one that's gonna make the family name legendary. He can do it all too. A natural and he's passionate naturally. I don't have to ask him and at this age, that's not usual.
That’s pretty cool.

How old is your kid? Is he ranked yet?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That’s pretty cool.

How old is your kid? Is he ranked yet?
Way too young, he's not old enough to even play at any league but I had him shooting 3s with the Fisher Price since 1 and he's been dunking at the highest level for close to a year. He's charting at 7ft. We got a lot of tall folks in my tree. My great grandparents was 6'7 and 6'3. This seems like the generation that's gonna be tall. They are not gonna be the regular 6'4. Probably 6'6 to 7ft. The young one is the natural. It comes easy to him. He also built and always been built. They got an uncle who's trying to get in the Olympics so they got the body type.

The biggest thing is they are extremely smart for the age. That's gonna make sports, easy.

• Dap
Reactions: Hov

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Way too young, he's not old enough to even play at any league but I had him shooting 3s with the Fisher Price since 1 and he's been dunking at the highest level for close to a year. He's charting at 7ft. We got a lot of tall folks in my tree. My great grandparents was 6'7 and 6'3. This seems like the generation that's gonna be tall. They are not gonna be the regular 6'4. Probably 6'6 to 7ft. The young one is the natural. It comes easy to him. He also built and always been built. They got an uncle who's trying to get in the Olympics so they got the body type.

The biggest thing is they are extremely smart for the age. That's gonna make sports, easy.
Maaaan I can’t even debate with you anymore 😄

You have a bias that all good Black Dads are gonna have (and friends do to)

See, Deion is doing something amazing with his kids, and he’s doing it with and for the culture.

Shedeur is good. I’m not gonna lie. And that’s even more impressive since generational athletes children typically are not. And the kid does act like he has his head on his shoulders, which is dope.

Also we are both watch a black man get hated on for doing it bigger than these lame ass military-like white coaches are doing at the moment.

And your son sounds like a freaking beast.

You see yourself in Primes shoes and you will be (I mean the dedicated father of black boy who will grow into superstar athlete and a great man)

So naaaah I’m not about to have an X and Os convo with you, because I see the bigger picture now my guy lol - and I ain’t gonna hate on you for that.

If you know any young football guys in your fam or your son wants to take that route, DM me and I’ll tap in with whoever I can for y’all :salute:

Keep him locked in with great friends and surrounding.

Keep being Dad and not “super coach”

Make sure he loves the game, whichever he chooses, and the better he gets put him against tougher comp, don’t let him just dominate the lesser - he will thank you for it.

All love my guy!

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Maaaan I can’t even debate with you anymore 😄

You have a bias that all good Black Dads are gonna have (and friends do to)

See, Deion is doing something amazing with his kids, and he’s doing it with and for the culture.

Shedeur is good. I’m not gonna lie. And that’s even more impressive since generational athletes children typically are not. And the kid does act like he has his head on his shoulders, which is dope.

Also we are both watch a black man get hated on for doing it bigger than these lame ass military-like white coaches are doing at the moment.

And your son sounds like a freaking beast.

You see yourself in Primes shoes and you will be (I mean the dedicated father of black boy who will grow into superstar athlete and a great man)

So naaaah I’m not about to have an X and Os convo with you, because I see the bigger picture now my guy lol - and I ain’t gonna hate on you for that.

If you know any young football guys in your fam or your son wants to take that route, DM me and I’ll tap in with whoever I can for y’all :salute:

Keep him locked in with great friends and surrounding.

Keep being Dad and not “super coach”

Make sure he loves the game, whichever he chooses, and the better he gets put him against tougher comp, don’t let him just dominate the lesser - he will thank you for it.

All love my guy!
Same to you my brotha, much love to you and all the dads in here. Love you all

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
@Born2BKing Sometimes Deion cant separate father from coach :russ:
27:45

I mean he said he checked into a lot of those runs. There was nothing wrong with the question.

He gets very annoyed when anyone gives the slightest criticism to his son. I understand but maybe do the same for some of the other guys in the locker room. Can't just big up Hunter, Shadeur and Shilo and everyone is don't get fair treatment.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He gets very annoyed when anyone gives the slightest criticism to his son. I understand but maybe do the same for some of the other guys in the locker room. Can't just big up Hunter, Shadeur and Shilo and everyone is don't get fair treatment.
Thats going to be another interesting factor. When Shedeur goes to the NFL that will be the first time he's with another HC other than his father.

Could go either way. However, it could make him greater cause they'd stay on what he needs to work on. Not that Prime isnt...however its just different.

Earlier in the interview he said the reason the young breh that went for 200 wasnt ready cause he's dealing with a Pro QB already. That pro QB gotta trust he'll run his routes, catch it, etc. With respect to Shedeur he's not a pro yet. I know what Deion trying to say, but it veers towards father talk than coach talk.

Having said that Prime went through a serious ordeal with blood clots a while ago. So shyt going through the stuff he's been through I get showing as much love as possible.