She-Hulk show on Disney + Announced (Tatiana Maslany Cast)

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if this nikka got Hepatitis G, how hasn't he infected other people before :patrice:

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
FB_IMG_1662302614986.jpg

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
who seems more like a mal-adjusted bookworm to you?

norton played the hulk as someone who was "cursed" and that was the wrong choice. he played him as a man heroic enough to stand up for strangers. a man sure enough of himself to command an entire factory to stop working. a man confident enough to take charge in conversations. a leader.

all things which banner is not.

he needed to play someone who was conflicted and unsure of himself. a man hidingd behind sarcasm to mask bottled up rage - which is the better choice and what ruffalo did

"hiding behind" personality traits used as a defence is a personality trait of the troubled like "the comedian (watchmen)" or the "tears of a clown"

ruffalo played banner a man with serious personal issues. a figitty, hand wringing man, uncomforable with himself and his surroundings.

"i'm always angry"
"STOP lying to me"
"me in a pressurised tube.. no this is much better"
is that true? "erm ... well ... " *avoids question*

rational leader types are not prone to petulent outbursts and/or sustained rage. people without the internal balance to relate to and assert their position, views and rights in the world are. people who feel that the world is out of their control and against them.

That’s not true at all. Norton playing him as cursed was the right way to play him. Banner gets his powers by saving Rick jones and leaving his bunker against the orders of his military superiors to save a kids life who wandered on to a test site. Our very first time meeting Bruce he is courageously standing up for a stranger.

Bruce has shown to be a leader in the field of science and is relatively confident in that arena. Norton playing an obsessed scientist that knows if giving enough time and resources he can cure himself fits Bruce’s personality perfectly. Bruce isn’t sarcastic or playful that isn’t who he is and marvel doesn’t do a good job of exploring this in the movies but the hulk is a completely different personality.

The grey hulks and professor hulk’s confidence works because they inherit that from Bruce as they get his intellect something he is very confident in. Bruce isn’t fidgety and would never stop trying to cure himself or be Tony’s sidekick.

Bruce fleeing the military is him asserting his right over his own body and Bruce doesn’t need to feel that the world is out to get him as he has legit evidence and experience that it is. The more solemn observant approach Norton took aligns closer to the comics than anything Ruffalo did.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
That’s not true at all. Norton playing him as cursed was the right way to play him.

the MCU story is not of a man who is "cursed". it is of a man who has inner demons that he hides through flippancy and sarcasm.

hence why "finding himself" enabled banner to merge with hulk.

did you miss that.

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
the MCU story is not of a man who is "cursed". it is of a man who has inner demons that he hides through flippancy and sarcasm.

hence why "finding himself" enabled banner to merge with hulk.

did you miss that.

You literally described iron man which is the point of my statement that Norton played the most comic accurate version of banner which is why arguing that Ruffalo was better without taking the comics which is the source material into account is flawed.

Norton’s interview where he basically described the premise of immortal hulk which was critically acclaimed and celebrated by fans demonstrates the greater understanding of banner and his place in marvel’s mythos. But if you don’t read comic books than your position is more understandable.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You literally described iron man which is the point of my statement that Norton played the most comic accurate version of banner which is why arguing that Ruffalo was better without taking the comics which is the source material into account is flawed.

Norton’s interview where he basically described the premise of immortal hulk which was critically acclaimed and celebrated by fans demonstrates the greater understanding of banner and his place in marvel’s mythos. But if you don’t read comic books than your position is more understandable.

once again norton played him as a man "cursed".
ruffalo played him as a man with internal "personality struggles"..

the MCU narrative has shown that the hulk is a man with internal struggles.
in overcoming these "struggles" hulk/banner merged
because jen doesn't have these struggles she has no need to "merge" because she is not split. she is at peace internally.

norton focused on the wrong thing i.e. "cursed but confident" whereas ruffalo focused on the right thing i.e. "conflicted and non-confident"

it's not hard to understand.
explain why the above is wrong.
or don't @ me

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

because jen doesn't have these struggles she has no need to "merge" because she is not split. she is at peace internally.

norton focused on the wrong thing i.e. "cursed but confident" whereas ruffalo focused on the right thing i.e. "conflicted and non-confident"

or don't @ me

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

THERE WAS NO MCU BEFORE
NORTONS HULK....

:mjlol:HOW CAN YOU SAY
THE MCU HULK WAS ABOUT THIS
WHILE NORTONS HULK WAS ABOUT THAT
AS IF THERE WAS SOME MCU SOURCE MATERIAL NORTON SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING.

THERE WAS NO MCU NARRATIVE
BEFOREHAND AND THEYVE CLEARLY
RUINED HULKS CHARACTER.

YOURE JUST POSTING FOR
THE SAKE OF POSTING.

HE BODIED YOU.
ITS OVER.
:devil:
:evil:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

THERE WAS NO MCU BEFORE
NORTONS HULK....

:mjlol:HOW CAN YOU SAY
THE MCU HULK WAS ABOUT THIS
WHILE NORTONS HULK WAS ABOUT THAT
AS IF THERE WAS SOME MCU SOURCE MATERIAL NORTON SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING.

THERE WAS NO MCU NARRATIVE
BEFOREHAND AND THEYVE CLEARLY
RUINED HULKS CHARACTER.

YOURE JUST POSTING FOR
THE SAKE OF POSTING.

HE BODIED YOU.
ITS OVER.
:devil:
:evil:

empty post .. i'm colour blind FYI breh :ehh:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps

or don't @ me

The mcu narrative is initially based off of Norton’s portrayal of the hulk which was the correct version of him as all interpretations of a character created in another medium of fiction is deemed the correct portrayal of said character. Norton’s Bruce Banner was the closest to the comic book which is the source material making him better.

The mcu is not an original creation it is an adaption of another medium meaning the further is strays from that the less likely it will capture the essence of said characters. Moreover, the characters created will always be judged based on the comics that they are adapting from which is why people disliked moon knight and loved daredevil because how both characters measured up to the comic counterparts.

Norton’s version measures up and Ruffalo’s version does not the changing of the character portrayals damaged the hulks characterization and allowed him to become a second fiddle when he was always an a list character.

They also showed they didn’t understand the she hulk because she-hulk is about wish fulfillment and self-love. She-hulk and Jen are different she-hulk represents everything that Jen wishes she could be which was why she stayed in the she-hulk form as much as she did because she lacked confidence. It was what made jen so endearing as she slowly grew to appreciate and love herself as Jen while appreciating she-hulk. Byrne and Peter David demonstrate that, if they played up the differences between her two forms and explore some of Jen’s internal issues and how she-hulk is trying to make up for them like hulk and the traumas Bruce had then the show would be better.