She-Hulk show on Disney + Announced (Tatiana Maslany Cast)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Tatiana looks better as She Hulk than she does in real life. :yeshrug:
These writers are clever
P7qdf8x.png

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Women want to be sexualized, they just don't want to be objectified. If they wear a revealing outfit, they want to be seen and feel desired, and put themselves in the best position to feel confident. They don't want some random making them feel uncomfortable by overzealously ogling them or making disrespectful comments. Those are two different things. Women aren't always dressing up for men either. A lot of it is a status thing between women. No men have ever cared about nail polish or handbags, and yet women spend tons of money to doll themselves up in that shyt. Seeing women's motivations as man-cetric is incorrect.

Jen is twerking because she was with Meg Thee Stallion playing her music, and she was dancing. Lots of people dance for fun.
It's really not hard to defend, rationally. It only makes sense to criticize if you approach it from an irrational angle.
:hubie:
I'm not saying I agree with the typical line of thinking, just offering their pov. Its not coming from a place malice, just a lack of perspective.

For those who don't understand.....As men, we often perform in traditional gender displays to reaffirm our gender expressions. For example, those of us who workout don't do it for health reasons....we do it to fulfill that masculine, strong man role we where raised on. We like to be perceived as strong men..........

Some women on thr otherhand, especially those who have to tone down their womanhood on a day to day basis, like to perceived as woman. Its why a seeming normal working woman will thot on the weekends.

Gender roles are performative. People on each side of the gender binary perform in different ways....its rarely that deep though.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
:hubie:
I'm not saying I agree with the typical line of thinking, just offering their pov. Its not coming from a place malice, just a lack of perspective.

For those who don't understand.....As men, we often perform in traditional gender displays to reaffirm our gender expressions. For example, those of us who workout don't do it for health reasons....we do it to fulfill that masculine, strong man role we where raised on. We like to be perceived as strong men..........

Some women on thr otherhand, especially those who have to tone down their womanhood on a day to day basis, like to perceived as woman. Its why a seeming normal working woman will thot on the weekends.

Gender roles are performative. People on each side of the gender binary perform in different ways....its rarely that deep though.
I mostly agree, but I think using "womanhood" instead of femininity and dumbing down sexuality in women to a gender role is dangerously close to incel babble. Humans are sexual creatures. Women seeking sex is not them liking being perceived as female, it's just natural, normal human behavior. They do go about it in a different way for the most part though.

But yeah, gender roles are performative for sure. People are always trying to show they fit into their perceived role. Some people definitely go overboard trying to posture though, not knowing all the noise they make trying to convince people they are masculine really just comes off as desperate and insecure. You see it :sas2:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whoa the think pieces up in here. This show ain't that serious.
I knew that was going to happen as soon as I saw that scene. I was like this is going to get the twitter fingers and thinkpeices going and sure enough :mjlol:. Even the incels over at The Locker Room are discussing it.

The twerking shyt isn't that serious guys. It's just a gag you either find funny or you don't. No one was outraged when Hammer or Bobby Brown showed up on a 90s sitcom and danced with the cast.

Also It's funny how social media made twerking this huge, viral pop culture phenomenon, but now people wanna clutch pearls and be Karens when popular media references or have fun with it.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
bruh, the episode came out literally yesterday and we only 3 episodes in yet, folks are making SO many essays. Was Ms. Marvel butchered this badly? Mind you this is the shortest review Ive come across :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
bruh, the episode came out literally yesterday and we only 3 episodes in yet, folks are making SO many essays. Was Ms. Marvel butchered this badly? Mind you this is the shortest review Ive come across :mjlol:

This guy hates everything MCU but it is also like the majority of his content. Makes sense. lol

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
So is this worth watching? CGI looks suspect as hell but Ms. Marvel's CGI was also goofy but that show turned out pretty good.

And why does her hair go from curly to straight when she turns into the Hulk :what::lolbron: